• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Juninho Pernambucano

ol

Arsenal chase Juninho?

Published in a french magazine called 'But' earlier this week. It said that Arsenal were interested in Juninho, the Brazilian playmaker for us (Lyon), who had yet to sign a new contract.
I hope it was just a rumour. You won't need him as you have plenty of talent in midfield, will you? and WE DO!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not our type of midfield. He is too atacking and too small to be in the centre for us. Doubt there is any truth in the rumour.

AFCG7

Established Member
He's a good player but you'd think we would be in the market for a more defensive type midfielder now that we have Cesc and Vieira thinks he is the new Ballack.

KingReyes

Established Member
Sol said:
A least he can take a decent free kick/corner.

Decent is not the word Sol, he is one of the best set piece takers in the business IMO. At the moment we do have enough cover in central midfield however if Edu leaves Wenger could consider bringning another midfielder in possibly. Impossible to guess whom but Juninho is a great talent and like Edu has cemented a place in the Brazil squad. His price could be a problem if AW was interested.

A

Anonymous

Good replacement for Edu.
Too bad he's a couple years older.

Although I doubt there's any truth in this.

ol

*Loyan* said:
Not our type of midfield. He is too atacking and too small to be in the centre for us. Doubt there is any truth in the rumour.

He contributes our attacking but not too much I am afraid
just hope Arsène Wenger thinks the same way as you

ol

KingReyes said:
Decent is not the word Sol, he is one of the best set piece takers in the business IMO.

I may be a bit biased but
I fully agree with you on that point. Juninho is one of the best free kick takers in the world. He is not very accurate on the spot, but his scoring ratio from free kicks is better than, say, Michael Owen from the spot

asajoseph

Established Member
Juninho is a real class act. I would love to see him at Arsenal, but I take the point that he doesn't fit our formaition well....

patrick42uk

Established Member
brazil play a 4-3-1-2 formation. the 3 midfielders are supposed to be able to both defend and attack effectively and it is this position (on the right side) that juninho has. i think he'd do alright in our central midfield and a good replacement for edu if he left. he's got a bit of everything, free-kicks, good shots from distance, good dribbling, good distribution. good player really, probably be more recognised in a bigger league and club.

AFCG7

Established Member
I like that 4-3-1-2

How about

Lauren Kolo Sol Cole

Vieira

Flamini Cesc

RVP

Henry Reyes

We can play brazilian!

ol

asajoseph said:
Juninho is a real class act. I would love to see him at Arsenal, but I take the point that he doesn't fit our formaition well....

thanks for such a broad minded recognition.
I fully agree with you on the formation. Yours are very different from ours. Juninho would be better off with us...
I hope!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I've always liked Juninho. He's got good vision, distribution and an eye for goal. I wouldn't mind us signing him if Edu leaves.

ol

TIFANNY said:
he's a very great player!
thanks

I am proud of Juninho
He has been awarded league's player of the year three times in a row
well, he may be playing in a 'modest' league but
Nice to hear you, the supporters of the English champions rate him so highly.

I honestly hope he will stay with us!!!!!!

TIFANNY

thanks

I am proud of Juninho
He has been awarded league's player of the year three times in a row
well, he may be playing in a 'modest' league but
Nice to hear you, the supporters of the English champions rate him so highly.

I honestly hope he will stay with us!!!!!!

you know! I'm french and I see Lyon play every week!! and in my opinion Juninho is one of the best player in french league!!

ol

TIFANNY said:
you know! I'm french and I see Lyon play every week!! and in my opinion Juninho is one of the best player in french league!!

cheers tifanny!

I respect your opion more than most

pity we lost out of the league cup today ...
which would be as important as the same cup competition for Arsenal
(amazingly you are still in it)

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom