• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Just had a thought about new shirts

Marky249

If this seasons kit is going to only be for this season, coz of the `last year of highbury shirt´,next season 05-06, what will happen the next year 06-07 coz we will be at ashburton, and i dont see us wearing the last year at highbury shirt there! so it looks like for the next 3 years it wil be 3 new home shirts !

and the thing is i will proberly still by them all lol!

:p :p :p

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Arsenal are getting really f'cking sneaky about their merchandise, and this rotating one season's away into a third choice, well, it means two new shirts a season for the forseeable, doesn't it?

A

Anonymous

some gooners will be complaining about new shirts coming out to frequently all i gotta say is stop being tight gits :p how else u expect us to try and compete financially with the mancs? lol its like "yeh lets bring out 1 new shirt every 5th season and we'll have loads of money!!!" doesnt work like that sorry...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I don't mind myself as I can afford to buy them myself, it's the parents with kids that have a right to feel p'ssed off.

As long as I like the shirt, I'll buy it and I have to say that I've only outright hated one Arsenal shirt recently and that was the blue spiderman travesty of 2003.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
4of my kids are Arsenal supporters, and I have various Arsenal shirts.
If you see an arm and leg you know its mine.
For fans whom english is not first language it cost arm and leg is a saying.

Marky249

Scottish Lass said:
some gooners will be complaining about new shirts coming out to frequently all i gotta say is stop being tight gits :p how else u expect us to try and compete financially with the mancs? lol its like "yeh lets bring out 1 new shirt every 5th season and we'll have loads of money!!!" doesnt work like that sorry...

Im sorry but when u got familys with 3 kids who want the shirt every season it amounts up to a hell of alot of money, not everyone is as fortunate as urself :x Maybe a little thought first eh scottish lass????

A

Anonymous

Marky249 said:
Scottish Lass said:

Im sorry but when u got familys with 3 kids who want the shirt every season it amounts up to a hell of alot of money, not everyone is as fortunate as urself :x Maybe a little thought first eh scottish lass????

ok how about u think about it before jumping down my throat - i know some ppl might not earn alot but what the hell is 30 pounds out of say 10 grand a year? lol its not ass if its costing 1000 pounds a year on shirts :roll:

slapz

Marky249 said:
Scottish Lass said:

Marky, if you have 3 kids who want new shirts every season, then either u give in and you say no you arent getting it

You're spending money on kits which you're most likely going to waste on a few weeks going to the pub to get p*ssed n get a kebab or so after or it's the money you waste hoping you'll win the national lottery. I noticed quite a few ppl who complain about new kits but then they're at the newsagents buying £5 of lucky dips, a few scratchcards and a lotto extra or thunderball

btw, i have 4 kids and I've alreday got them the home footy kit and will get them an away one too ( plus my wife is a city fan and she has city tops my my eldest 2 )

Marky249

Im just sayin that its not cheap, and i didnt take kindly to the TIGHT GIT remark thats all, just a bit of cocideration

A

Anonymous

the tight gits was in light heartedness i know some people struggle for money as yeh i used to be one but i still managed to get myself both shirts when they were brought out new ...

a way to tell its light hearted is look at the :p after it ;)

slapz

Marky249 said:
Im just sayin that its not cheap, and i didnt take kindly to the TIGHT GIT remark thats all, just a bit of cocideration

I'm sorry, I didnt mean for it to sound like I'm calling you a tight git. I guess you dont have much loose change if you're on an average wage/salary and have a mortgage

I'm just saying that if it isnt footy tops, kids will want the new bob the builder set, new action man figure etc etc so you cant go blaming a club for bringing out a strip every odd season as there's always a new something that they'd want.

Plus I dont think we've been too bad on kits.. the away ones have changed every season but they've had to because of sponsors and Nike changing the standard kits layout. The home kits we've kept for 2 years at least and its not bad getting kids one kit every 2 years or so

If this post sounds patronising or remarking about tightness, then I apologise in advance

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OneteaminLondon said:
I don't mind myself as I can afford to buy them myself, it's the parents with kids that have a right to feel p'ssed off.

As long as I like the shirt, I'll buy it and I have to say that I've only outright hated one Arsenal shirt recently and that was the blue spiderman travesty of 2003.
I kinda liked that kit. Looked nice at the time to me.

slapz

JazzG said:
slapz said:
my wife is a city fan and she has city tops for my eldest 2

That is just wrong, how could she be so cruel :(

I told her that.. I said " how could you let the kids wear them tops and subject them to a life of disappointment "

A

Anonymous

ethanen said:
marky buy fakes your kids wont notice :?

if we buys fakes then how else are we supposed to put back into the club?

thats the main reason i buy all the shirts, arsenal has pleased me over the years so im doing my bit putting back into the club... if u dont feel the need to buy shirts for reasons like u dont see why u should need to buy a new one if it comes out, have a real think about the past and what arsenal has done to ur life ;)

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom