• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Juventus' players

qs

Established Member
Why is everyone assuming they will come straight back up?

They'll be relegated more than one division and will probably start the season with a points deduction in whatever league they are put in.
Financially they'll be shattered. You've seen it when we played over there they make very little on the gate.

If they are out of Serie A for 2 seasons or more theres a good chance they may never recover from the financial disaster.

They will sell their players. They cant sustain themselves without selling.

My biggest owrry is that they'll go into liquidation and we wont get the rest of our Vieira money.

Bazza19

i think its impossible that the italians will let one of their biggest clubs go into liquidation

gibson

Reports are suggesting that Ibrahimovic has signed for Inter

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul12i.html

Guess Arsenal mightnt have an option on him now if Juve go down, I know there was a few people suggesting Arsenal should sign him

does anyone by the way know a site that has a list of all confirmed transfers from around the world?

Inter are building a good team if these deals go through. They signed Dacourt today and signed the italian left back Grosso a few weeks ago. If they sign Ibrahimovic itll him and Adriano up front. now people might say their both over rated but on there day that strike force would be unbelievable :shock:

qs

Established Member
Bazza19 said:
i think its impossible that the italians will let one of their biggest clubs go into liquidation

Thats just an assumption. Its better than allowing the league become a farce. Leeds nearly went into liquidation and theyre one of Englands biggest clubs.

They'll dish out punishment and it'll be up to Juve to sort out there business from there.

bazza_afc

Winning the WC has only enhanced the popularity of these teams getting punished as the Italian public see it as a new beginning.

if we sign viera that is taking a step backwards rather than forward. And Arsène knows this. i want buffon to ad some positive competion to 1st GK and also thuram to help senderos. If ibra came his character could clash with some of tghe current players (HENRY) and cause disruption amoung the ranks let chelsea have him i say

vigante

i cant believe juve is beeing relegated. they are a big club you know. they can be up to anything.

Most of all i would prefer if Cannavaro and Gigi joins this team. A true leaders!

run

Even if he could, I can't imagine Arsène bringing any of the Juventus players...with the possible exception of Trezequet. Most of their players are too old or too expensive for Arsène...and with Ibrahimovic reportedly signing for Inter, and Buffon supposedly perfering Milan, Trezequet is the only one I can see coming to Arsenal.

Romain

About Vieira...

This morning (just a few minutes ago) on French TV (TF1), during the celebration of our National Day in Paris, one of the presenters said that in 1998, they invited Didier Deschamps, as the captain of the French squad, and this year they tried to invite Vieira as he's the new captain now, but he phoned them, telling he's sorry not to be able to come as he's in London to negociate his transfert.

:shock:

The presenter knows absolutely nothing about football, though he did talk to Paddy on the phone... :roll:

quattro

qs said:
Why is everyone assuming they will come straight back up?

They'll be relegated more than one division and will probably start the season with a points deduction in whatever league they are put in.
Financially they'll be shattered. You've seen it when we played over there they make very little on the gate.

If they are out of Serie A for 2 seasons or more theres a good chance they may never recover from the financial disaster.

They will sell their players. They cant sustain themselves without selling.
totally agree. i reckon that its actually harder for a team that has always been in the top league to get back up after it has been relegated due to the operating expenses (ie player wages) that they are used to incurring. they will have to adjust first to their new financial reality which is different from clubs that yo-yo from one division to another on a regular basis.

My biggest owrry is that they'll go into liquidation and we wont get the rest of our Vieira money.
which gives me hope that we will have preferential treatment when it comes to the inevitable fire sale.

i hear juventus are down already.

Army of Me

Established Member
Romain said:
This morning (just a few minutes ago) on French TV (TF1), during the celebration of our National Day in Paris, one of the presenters said that in 1998, they invited Didier Deschamps, as the captain of the French squad, and this year they tried to invite Vieira as he's the new captain now, but he phoned them, telling he's sorry not to be able to come as he's in London to negociate his transfert.
not sure how to take this; surely if vieira was on his way back Cesc wouldn't have been given the number 4?

gibson

When was he named the new French captain though? Id be very very suprised to see Vieira back at Arsenal

Romain

pha2er said:
not sure how to take this; surely if vieira was on his way back Cesc wouldn't have been given the number 4?

Yes I asked myself the same question then... and I guess this fact answers everything.

He was the captain before Zidane came back, so now, I think he'll be captain again.

henrys_wife_rox

If we took vieira back we would look completely stupid...and i would only be satisfied with him being backup to cesc. Rather he comes to the grove then to the mancs!

Army of Me

Established Member
i don't think we'd look stupid, it all depends on the terms.

if we get vieira back (who, if he maintains his World Cup form would be an excellent addition to our midfield), and a good deal on another Juve player *cough* Buffon *cough*, i think we'd look but stupid.

Vieira and Buffon...hmmm, I might just wet myself if that happened.

Viper

Established Member
pha2er said:
i don't think we'd look stupid, it all depends on the terms.

if we get vieira back (who, if he maintains his World Cup form would be an excellent addition to our midfield), and a good deal on another Juve player *cough* Buffon *cough*, i think we'd look but stupid.

Vieira and Buffon...hmmm, I might just wet myself if that happened.
I agree.

I would think a midfield of Vieira and Fabregas is stronger that Gilberto and Fabregas.

Artillero

Vieira did not have the best of seasons in Italy. With Juve still oweing us 5-7 million its a possability they offered him to us and just write off th remaining money?

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom