• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutarch

I'm dubious about this. When was the last World-class Scottish player? A long time ago.
I know nothing about this kid but never say never. Talent doesn't discriminate.
When was the last world-class Welsh player before Bale?
But there are good reasons why there are no world-class Scottish players these days. Poor coaching, cultural shift away from kids playing football as infants leading to poor athleticism, and a talent pool which is too small to make up for this. It's a different world than the one which produced Kenny Dalgliesh. So yes, just because he's Scottish, I'm dubious about him.

You're right about Bale, but honestly, I'm Scottish too and I doubt that any young Scottish player is going to be good enough for Arsenal.

Malky

Established Member
Watched him a few times this season and there's something special about him, would be quite happy if we sold Gibbs and replaced him with Tierney. Even better if we made a profit doing it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But there are good reasons why there are no world-class Scottish players these days. Poor coaching, cultural shift away from kids playing football as infants leading to poor athleticism, and a talent pool which is too small to make up for this. It's a different world than the one which produced Kenny Dalgliesh. So yes, just because he's Scottish, I'm dubious about him.

You're right about Bale, but honestly, I'm Scottish too and I doubt that any young Scottish player is going to be good enough for Arsenal.

There is such a thing as bucking the trend you know.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think the issue is that if we get shot of Gibbs and want to bring a new player in they need have a decent base level at least, which, despite potential, may not be there for some of these lads.

What if Monreal does his ACL? We need someone who can play without being a liability and doesn't need two years to bed in, but still is young enough to be a successor for Monreal in a couple of years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People still don't get it.

We will sign a young LB to take over from Monreal in a few years, Gibbs will be back up then aswell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I only know of him because of Knutson, how much football do you watch mate?!
A lot :lol: I'm obsessed with it almost as much as music.

In all honesty I dont watch a lot of Walsall but I have seen various clips of him on youtube and in shows geared towards Football League. A lot of the players Ive seen in the FL have been by accident as I usually look for players I have seen IRL or know.

For example, Birmingham have a winger to look out for called Viv Solomon-Otabor. Somewhat similar to Demarai Gray but slightly bigger and more athletic. Known him since he was little!

Rico Henry is very good though. Hes what Ryan Sessegnon would look like if he played Championship football already.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

With Rodgers appointed I cannot see this happening. A young quick attacking full back and Celtic have a big budget of around 15m to spend so no need to sell.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If we are gonna get a young LB, we should get Rico Henry.

Author of statsbomb agrees with you

In reply to which young player he feels will be a PL star in 5 years

Rico Henry from Walsall.

English. 18 years old.

League One team of the season.

Left footed.

Plays Left Back.

Zoom zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom