• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos: Our New BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I'm sure you've never made an error, prediction, statement or given an opinion which can then change over time (it's not a crime)

Hugely, I've made ridiculous statements in the last 10 years and I've also knee jerked massively like everybody who has supported Arsenal.

You pointed out Fletcher, but there was even a stage 10 years ago when I wanted us to sign Stipe Pletikosa in goals, that's about as bad as it can get to be honest.

That doesn't mean I won't call out over-exaggerations, knee jerk reactions and down right stupid comments when I see them now.

IslingtonBornandbred

Hugely, I've made ridiculous statements in the last 10 years and I've also knee jerked massively like everybody who has supported Arsenal.

You pointed out Fletcher, but there was even a stage 10 years ago when I wanted us to sign Stipe Pletikosa in goals, that's about as bad as it can get to be honest.

That doesn't mean I won't call out over-exaggerations, knee jerk reactions and down right stupid comments when I see them now.

Ok master of the internet. Keep going about your business calling out what you perceive to be over exaggerations, knee jerk reactions and stupid comments. It's your right but you'll be busy and I'm sure it will a bit boring, but it's up to you. The way you do it doesn't make you any friends because it's quite confrontational, condescending and written in a certain tone which sounds like you aren't interested in anyone else's opinion and you think you are always right.

The fact of the matter is, for me personally, I liked what I saw of the Greek kid on video when we signed him. His performance against United was hugely encouraging and showed he had serious potential. If he was an absolute donkey then it would have shown but he wasn't, he bossed Lukaku and showed attributes that we are lacking i.e physicality, athleticism, he looked like he was first and foremost a defender and the signs were very positive. I'm sure he'll have ups and downs but that's normal. Chambers also did well against United. Based on my first couple of looks at him he looks like he could be a real find and has potential to be a future solid centre back for us or any other similar level of team. Can't say much else to be honest apart from time will tell, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a poster saying something like "based on what I've seen I think he could be better than Holding or Chambers" or anything along those lines.

If you have an issue with all those posts you quoted, it would be a pretty bland discussion because like I said everyone would just write something like "played good....see how he gets on with more playing time".

Last edited:

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Ok master of the internet. Keep going about your business calling out over exaggerations, knee jerk reactions and stupid comments. It's your right but you'll be busy and I'm sure it will a bit boring, but it's up to you. The way you do it doesn't make you any friends because it's quite confrontational, condescending and written in a certain tone which sounds like you aren't interested in anyone else's opinion and you think you are always right.

It's very condescending and it is very confrontational, I know that. But I'm not here to make friends, I'm just here to vomit out any thoughts I have about Arsenal and it keeps me away from Twitter where all the asylums are loose.

The reality is that we are all just fans with different views, I know that. But having been in my prime during the Frimpong era, the man that as going to be better than Gilberto Silva, I've just grown tied of knee0jerk reactions. This place isn't that bad too be fair, it's more what appears on Twitter that blows my mind

IslingtonBornandbred

It's very condescending and it is very confrontational, I know that. But I'm not here to make friends, I'm just here to vomit out any thoughts I have about Arsenal and it keeps me away from Twitter where all the asylums are loose.

The reality is that we are all just fans with different views, I know that. But having been in my prime during the Frimpong era, the man that as going to be better than Gilberto Silva, I've just grown tied of knee0jerk reactions. This place isn't that bad too be fair, it's more what appears on Twitter that blows my mind

The Frimpong era :lol::lol::lol:. I didn't know that was even a thing. But anyhow, good luck and continue you're crusade. I wish you well in your quest!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Chambers and Holding had plenty of hype and looked amazing in a small sample size. Then they got relatively extended periods in the team, their performances dipped and they got slaughtered by the same folk who were tonguing their nuts. Mavropanos had a hugely impressive debut at United, looks like he has all the tools to be a top CB but having talent ISN'T enough. I honestly thought Holding was going to become a young Tony Adams after the FA Cup display last season - he then went on to have a shocking start to the season, it was so bad I felt sorry for the lad.

@Cudareli 's overall point is we can't really make sweeping statements until we have a greater sample size. Djourou even looked like a proper CB for a period before Drogba battered him.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Chambers and Holding had plenty of hype and looked amazing in a small sample size. Then they got relatively extended periods in the team, their performances dipped and they got slaughtered by the same folk who were tonguing their nuts. Mavropanos had a hugely impressive debut at United, looks like he has all the tools to be a top CB but having talent ISN'T enough. I honestly thought Holding was going to become a young Tony Adams after the FA Cup display last season - he then went on to have a shocking start to the season, it was so bad I felt sorry for the lad.

Very true, but that's what has impressed me most about Chambers. He got absolutely roasted by Montero and made some high profile mistakes, but every time I saw him play after that, even though his confidence was shot, he seemed to be learning. Then he went out on loan to Boro and after a slow start, finished the season as their best defender by a country mile and showed huge consistency.

That to me is the most important trait for any young player, that continual development. We need to expect youngsters to start on fire, drop off and then it's whether they can bounce back and keep improving that will be what decides how far they go.

That's everyone except Fabregas though, he was just an absolute freak from his first minute of first team football.

IslingtonBornandbred

Indeed, it was sickening I was one of the ones that led the crusade pushing for him to be a first team regular :cool:

Oh interesting. By mentioning the Frimpong era and knee-jerk reactions I thought you were saying you were disgusted back then about posters who championed Frimpong as the next Gilberto Silva. If it's true you were leading the campaign for Frimpong then maybe that would explain some of your deep rooted issues with posters giving their thoughts about the potential and future of another young player.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

@Cudareli 's overall point is we can't really make sweeping statements until we have a greater sample size. Djourou even looked like a proper CB for a period before Drogba battered him.

What Kon has going for him isphysically he's just about the best CB we have . Has a good base , but like you say it's a long game , Young CB's get exposed, just what happens .

VancouverCanuck

From his debut, I can already tell he is stronger than Sol, quicker than Nesta, and read the game better than Malibu. The lad is going to be world class. Period.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Oh interesting. By mentioning the Frimpong era and knee-jerk reactions I thought you were saying you were disgusted back then about posters who championed Frimpong as the next Gilberto Silva. If it's true you were leading the campaign for Frimpong then maybe that would explain some of your deep rooted issues with posters giving their thoughts about the potential and future of another young player.
Did you just get the master of the internet title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely world class player, better than any of the other options we have. I know we said the same when signing Chambers, and then again when signing Holding, but this time I mean it.

Moavropanos needs to be our starting centre back, Maitaland-Niles is already our best central midfielder, Eddie Nketiah is better than any of our forward options and Reiss Nelson needs to be starting over Bellerin as he's already a better player.

Please note that I reserve the right to come back in 6 months and completely change my view on this when the players listed above turn out not to be so great or struggle with the intensity of the Premier League on a week to week basis.

Having been around long enough it never ceases to amuse me just how much fans knee-jerk. Frimpong, Bellerin, Clichy, Senderos, Szczęsny, Holding, Chambers, Coquelin, heck even Aliadiere. All these players have had threads that start like this one and head south super quickly.

Every single player aged over 18, currently on the books at Arsenal, could do a short term job for the first team. Carl Jenkinson was one of the most average footballers I've seen at the club and even he had some superb performances when asked to fill in. In most of these matches the players are playing on adrenaline and are as focused as they will ever be. The true test however comes over time, maintaining those levels of focus, motivation, etc on a week to week basis. That gets compounded further when the media, fans, etc start questioning aspects of their game.

The kid is super talented and has a lot in his locker, but FFS lets have some perspective please.
He needs to start tonight.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Senderos comparison was a joke :lol: Not even seen this fella play yet. People forget that Senderos had big hype when he was first about to break in to the team. Before he got raped by Drogba.

benjamin86

Established Member
Senderos comparison was a joke :lol: Not even seen this fella play yet. People forget that Senderos had big hype when he was first about to break in to the team. Before he got raped by Drogba.
Senderos was also part of the team that went 10 clean sheets into the champions league final...sometimes football is strange.

StefanB

Love this guy. Super composed and a real physical beast. Can't remember a defender this physically able since Sol.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
had a decent career too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom