• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos: Our New BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Really don't care about passing - we've needed a proper defender for years. He was smashing into Burlney players. Loved it. This is the type of CB that makes a forward look over his shoulder in fear.
This hasn't happened for over a decade in our defense. What a time to be alive.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He only turned 20 in December. He’s already got a big frame but in a year or two he will fill out and look huge I bet.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Just out of curiousity, how did Varane's career evolve at real? I kinda remember him being slowly integrated into first team where Pepe and Ramos were the uncontested starters but eventually it turned into a senior 3 CB rotation where you could play any 2 of the 3 without much of a drop off in quality.

when did his initial breakthrough occur, i wonder, versus the time that he can be considered as a bona fide starting material.

MustOezil

I hope we bring in a very experienced and solid CB to play with Chambers/Holding/Mavropanos next year. We need someone in the last few years of his career (29/30 years old) but still playing at an elite level who can teach and contribute towards the development Mavropanos.

I would love to see Mustafi phased out and eventually sold. He's small, can't time his jumps and tackles properly, and has horrible reading of the game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Winning 5 of 6 aerials in your second game at his age is quite incredible.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just out of curiousity, how did Varane's career evolve at real? I kinda remember him being slowly integrated into first team where Pepe and Ramos were the uncontested starters but eventually it turned into a senior 3 CB rotation where you could play any 2 of the 3 without much of a drop off in quality.

when did his initial breakthrough occur, i wonder, versus the time that he can be considered as a bona fide starting material.
He joined them as an 18 year old, scored in his second game for them from an Özil corner. :lol:

Varane is 25 now and only really became a regular last season. He’s done it all already which is mad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How nice is it to have a big fast strong **** in defence. Praying that he's a Wenger gem.

The difference with him is that his pace, height and strength will help him when his form drops mentally whereas Holding and Chambers had/have nothing to fall back on.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Judging by his comments after Mavropanos signed, it wasn't his signing at all.
I now realise that, thanks.

Imagine if Sven can have us assembling a team of top class players and challenging the big boys. I'm only now starting to realise how impressive it was for Dortmund to challenge the Bayern dominance for as long as they did.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I now realise that, thanks.

Imagine if Sven can have us assembling a team of top class players and challenging the big boys. I'm only now starting to realise how impressive it was for Dortmund to challenge the Bayern dominance for as long as they did.
Sven was a quality appointment. Probably the best since Wenger himself.

ClubLevel

Happy for him to play Europa and cup games next season rather than be loaned out. Think he will do well as long as our next manager has some defensive nous about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom