• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos: Our New BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another impressive 90 minutes he look confident and calm very good in air.

He'll need to Add more strength and improve his passing

BBF

I see the Maldini comparison but for me he's more of a hybrid Nesta / Thiago Silva type. What throws me though is that he has the speed of Cafu, so hard to really compare him to any one player.

Good man, but I think he's more Nesta/Barzagli.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Only made a couple of sloppy passes and lost one dual with Vokes.

I’m sure dad will get it sorted and won’t let it happen again.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Don't care about passes right now, that's a luxury most important thing is that he know how to defend.

Can't believe it's only his second game for us. Plays like a vet. Would like to see him and chambers start the remaining two games till the end of the season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
800-1512322387.jpg

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m so encouraged by what I’ve seen. He looks like quite a few PL teams would take him on loan as a starter. Maybe one of the promoted teams?

Depends what new manager is like. I want him to either get chances here or play week in week out in a team with a good defensive set up

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I’m so encouraged by what I’ve seen. He looks like quite a few PL teams would take him on loan as a starter. Maybe one of the promoted teams?

Depends what new manager is like. I want him to either get chances here or play week in week out in a team with a good defensive set up
No loan for me. He should be one of our three first-choice CBs next year. What he lacks he can learn but what he has can't be taught - strength, courage and aggression. Big Burnley lads were bouncing off him today.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Definitely has to improve his passing, but that's one area you can work on. Can't teach his height athleticism and most importantly lack of fear. He's got a really good foundation to work on, hopefully we can bring out the best in him. Colour me impressed.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
His passing actually isn't bad at all. It does need work but he has a great base to work with in terms of technique. He was pinging balls all over the shop for the U23s so he can hit them. He still needs work in the first team IMO. But the essentials are all there.

but it's no wonder our defenders struggle with their passing, especially considering that wenger only recruits CBs with good technique and passing. our CMs rarely show for the ball, our wingers don't help that much with build up (look at hazard or mane). and our fullbacks are easily trapped onto their weak foot that usually leads to a pack bass and a nervous cech looking to hoof it up.

kinda worked when we had giroud up top, but yeah..

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Looks good but still has a lot to learn. He's definitely a unit and in the mould of a defender I'd love to have at our club, but his decision making at times still needs some work. He contested for balls at times today where he should have instead dropped off the striker as he was never going to win it. Also completely got done by Vokes for Burnley's best chance.

In saying that, hugely impressive overall. Thankfully Wenger is moving on else I'd be very concerned that all of the strength's he's got now, including his aggression, would be coached out of him.

I still think right now, Chambers is the superior defender of the two.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Big talent but still very raw imo. Just a matter of being patient and developing him , could be a permanent on the team in 12-24 months .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom