• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kostas Manolas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Technically proficient for a centre-back. Has the ability to play the ball out in the first phase and also is a very good dribbler under pressure - although this can leave the team exposed. Physically strong but also has the desire/passion to impose himself physically. Relishes the battle. Ferocious in the tackle too. A really good one-to-one defender. His decision-making isn't what it needs to be yet. He also benefits from being a part of a tactical system that rarely leaves him exposed. And he is not a particularly vocal organiser. I think he's slower than Koscielny/Gabriel but isn't a slouch.

Cheers!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Love Kostas, but if you really want a Cb from Italy, then go for Inter's Murillo and dont look back

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I was never into stats, but he is good in the air, very aggressive, direct and strong. Reminds me a lot of Cordoba in his days. Not the tallest, but not as short as Ivan was, but such a good defender who loves defending.

I wanted Kostas here 2 sumers ago, and I still rate/like him, but this guy Murillo won my heart.

Not that I think we will get a CB anyway

BBF

Love Kostas, but if you really want a Cb from Italy, then go for Inter's Murillo and dont look back

Rcl5be1.gif

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems to have developed alot, looking at the 2014 thread most thought he was back-up at best.

We should send Chambers on loan for two years and keep Gabriel and Mertesacker along with this guy.

NJRider

Yep, then we can sell Mertesacker (who'll probably be too old by that point) when Chambers comes back

Aevi

Hale End FC
Claiming a scout was there, not just some "interest" bs... might be something in this then. Especially with Mustafi looking a bit less likely.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kostas Manolas will cost more then Mustafi. Worth trying now Roma are out from CL. I think Roma will ask for at least 40M euros.

Malky

Established Member
Why would we be scouting him at this stage of the transfer window?
Because we're Arsenal, it's how we do things.
Come deadline day we'll be at the stage of "preparing our interest".

In all seriousness it looks pretty unlikely we'll be bringing in a "top quality" attacking player, may aswel blow our transfer kitty on a top class CB. Manolas or Mustafi would be fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom