• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Burnley vs Arsenal | 02/12/08

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
images
vs
images

It's that time again.

I would go with:

----------Fabianski

Hoyte--Song---Djourou--Gibbs

Wilshere-Randall-Ramsey-Merida

--------Vela--Simpson

It will be interesting to see whether Wenger recalls Bendtner or keeps faith in Simpson.

True Gooner

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS2

Anyone coming back from injury? Eboue? Toure? Rosicky?

alonso14

Established Member

my mate will be playing against you....Stephen Jordan...ex Man City

Plays Left back...

they have been playing well recently...Good going forward...Martin Patterson is there main man, just come back from injury

i predict 3 or 4 nil to your kids

dont be too hard on Ste, he sulks alot

famous no 10

Established Member

Yeah, that team looks good GG, could go either way, Burnley are no mugs and the ground could be a little hostile for our young players...also, I think the pitch is a bit of a potato field.

Even so, I think we'll progress if we "play our game".

KY

Established Member

another 90 minutes for djourou? i was thinking maybe letting hoyte in on centre back and agogo on right back... unless toures back then he can play to get his fitness

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

I expect the same squad from the Wigan game, with the exception of Song & Djourou who maybe rested after playing 90 minutes, so i suppose that means Silvestre comes in at CB.

go49oner

Established Member

This is going to be a really tough game, After all they did knock Chelsea out. And their supporters are nasty piece of work. Good luck to anyone who is going to the game.

progman07

Established Member

I think Bendtner will play. Also, is Randall fit? Against man city it was Lansbury on the bench instead of him.

I don't know who will play as CBs, that will be interesting. 2 days aren't enough to recover, at least not after an intense chelski away game.

I'm backing Vela to score another wonder-goal, and Wilshere-Ramsey to boss the midfield again. Arsenal for the Carling Cup!! :D

True Gooner

Established Member

Indeed. Burnley's supporters are quite nasty - another reason why I'd like to stuff them.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Is Toure back for this?

We might see Toure-Silvestre at the back, that will bump the average age up, lol,

dutchMasta

Any chance of a sneaky Edu appearance (and a sneaky goal)?

Would replace Randall with Coquelin from GoonerGurjit's lineup, but other than that, looking forward to this.

McIntyre

Established Member

KY said:
another 90 minutes for djourou? i was thinking maybe letting hoyte in on centre back and agogo on right back... unless toures back then he can play to get his fitness

Another 90 minutes for Djourou?!!!

Are players not allowed to play two games in a row anymore? Or more than 3 games a month?

Come on guys, they're professional athletes for goodness sake. What's with the mollycoddling?!

He'll be fine.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Same squad as Vs Wigan, cant see any reasons to mix it about, and to worry about DJ playing 2 in a row isnt really too nessesary. Not sure what the score line will be, but we have enough quality to see ourselves through. Ofc depends if Burnley feel like playing football or Rugby.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

There is only 1 day between the games, which is beyond a joke to be fair.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

So excited about this. Forget its only one day after the Chelsea match no wonder Wenger didn't send any of the reserves out against Chelsea.

TomasCR

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
There is only 1 day between the games, which is beyond a joke to be fair.
Not when you have a squad full of hungry childs that want to show their dady they are good enough. No problem here, at Arsenal. :wink:

number_0

Established Member

Ideally we should play with the system that won us the previous 2 games, but I wouldnt mind seeing Coquelin start, not sure he got the legs yet, but he should defiently get minutes.
ade was really unfit today, think he should be on the bench for this one to gain some fitness and give us a bail out option, but who else should be on the bench from the trio of bendtner, vela and simpson, all 3 deserve to start and I am intrested in seeing what wenger will do.
Burnley will surely be up for this, lets hope our players are ready to fight back

Nela

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS1

I'm a bit worried about how playing away from home will affect the young players. Is our midfield strong enough to deal with the physical battle?

Randall's done well so far, but I would be more comfortable with some more physical presense in midfield. Problem is that Song and Djourou will be playign at CB, so we don't really have anyone else.

progman07

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS1

Nela said:
I'm a bit worried about how playing away from home will affect the young players. Is our midfield strong enough to deal with the physical battle?

Randall's done well so far, but I would be more comfortable with some more physical presense in midfield. Problem is that Song and Djourou will be playign at CB, so we don't really have anyone else.
Don't worry about the youngsters, they can fight. They may not play the same quality of football as in the Emirates, but they will progress to the semis, I'm 100% sure.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom