• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Burnley vs Arsenal | 02/12/08

progman07

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS1

Silvestre's comments:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_4582450,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 50,00.html</a>

The 31-year-old Frenchman said in the Evening Standard: "You have got to learn.

"They should have won and a lack of concentration has cost us two goals. We had chances and it's a shame.

"It was an opportunity for them to express themselves (in the cup run).

"They did but we lost this game and you can see that it will hurt for a while.

"If we are not stupid, then we won't do the same again."

The ****ing annoying big headed **** talks like it wasn't HIM who cost us the goals (partly). HIS stupid defensive lapses were punished.

Hypocrite at its worst. Ridiculous, how can he fault the youngsters when his stupidness and lack of concentration was punished??

If he was a real man he would have defended the youngsters and admitted it was him who ****ed it up, but no, he talks about how 'inexperienced' the others are.

McIntyre

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
McIntyre said:
Henry GOT lazy, he didn't start off that way, but he also had some amazing talent to back it up when he did decide to play some football.

Henry probably averaged least mileage per game of any Arsenal player in the invincibles. He constantly walked around on the field to save energy for his runs. He had a footballing brain that operated way above the rest. He was sheer intelligence. And because of that he didn't bother with passes that wasn't about to amount to anything. Deal with it.

That's exactly why I didn't mind Henry's laziness. But Bendtner is nothing like Henry and doesn't have the talent to back up his arrogance/laziness. Nor does he have to conserve energy for sudden blinding bursts of pace. So his style is simply unacceptable to me. Deal with it.

Getting back to the original point, if Bendtner is going to be of the Berbatov/Ibrahimovich mould then that is the sort of laziness I can't stand. The preening arrogance backed up by only the occasional flash of brilliance, whilst moping around making everybody else work to make up the numbers the rest of the time.

ricky1985

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
ricky1985 said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Henry was lazy too. He was arguably the best player both Arsenal and the Premier League has ever seen. You can't divide people into categories like that. Players don't get to cut in line just because they're stupid enough to waste energy on throughballs they'll never get anything out of.

Thats not it though Klaus. It is not about sprinting for 90 minutes, closing down, running after every crap through ball. It's about desire, that burning desire to win that every great player has always had.

Bendtner didnt give a s**t whether we won or lost yesterday, whether he scored or didnt score. Thats wrong, and sadly its why he will never make it.
That's just stupid. Of course he did. He could have had three great assists in that game. He played Randall, Gibbs and Vela through to one-on-ones with the keeper with great passes. With any kind of luck from his teammates you'd be calling him a new Bergkamp today. Sometimes those things just roll the wrong way. Last night Bendtner showed more vision than I've ever seen him do. His finish was crap, but that's easy to improve with training and a bit of confidence.

I didnt say Bendtner didnt have serious talent. He is super-talented. I said last night in this thread, he can run, he can pass, he can head, he can finish, he is immensely intelligent. He just simply doesnt want it enough.
Thierry Henry couldnt have got away with strutting around without working very hard when he was a 20 year old nobody, who had achieved nothing.

Ever heard the saying; you gotta work your way to the top?

Alfonso

Established Member

Captain said:
First game in the freezing cold for Vela, I bet he didn't know what hit him. Despite that he kept going.

Bendtner was also a player whose head didn't drop along with Merida.

Bendtner head dropped big time after his first half losses. He was shocking in the second half.

TomasCR

Established Member

Hope you all have realized that our CC side was not that great you had made them to be. Now we can finally stop posting "play the CC kids" at the start of every game thread.

Don´t know why but it was the kind of game when I was watching and didn´t care at all. Was talking with my mates about Arsenal and couldn´t explain them for **** why there were no first team players in the case it will not go well. Enjoyed it all as I wanted to see how the kids (and Alonso´s mate Djordan) will play, but that´s all. The only trophy I thought we are going to have a shout at is gone, nicely done.

Alfonso

Established Member

Well, both Man Utd and Sp**s went through tonight. At least we have avoided further stress down the line and any potential derailing of our season (as we saw in 2007 with this comp).

Now, if Man Utd and Sp**s get drawn together it could be slightly more gutting but imagine losing to Man Utd or Sp**s in a final? No thanks, esp the latter. And I dont think the kids are good enough to beat Man Utd or Sp**s.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

progman07 said:
Silvestre's comments:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_4582450,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 50,00.html</a>

"They should have won and a lack of concentration has cost us two goals. We had chances and it's a shame.

The f****g annoying big headed c**t talks like it wasn't HIM who cost us the goals (partly). HIS stupid defensive lapses were punished.

Hypocrite at its worst. Ridiculous, how can he fault the youngsters when his stupidness and lack of concentration was punished??

If he was a real man he would have defended the youngsters and admitted it was him who f*d it up, but no, he talks about how 'inexperienced' the others are.

Where is the hypocrite statement? He said lack of concentration cost us two goals without pointing finger. That's a fair statement me think.

longrufus

Established Member

alonso14 said:
Ste said that out of the players on the park the one that impressed him most was Vela....he said he was strong and his movement was good.....he wasnt that impressed with Jack Wilshere last night....he said he got really frustrated and was gobbing off ....
To be fair to him though, he was clearly targeted, everytime he got the ball someone went through him. Very easy to get frustrated and start "gobbing off" as you put it when you know your being singled out.

N!

longrufus said:
alonso14 said:
Ste said that out of the players on the park the one that impressed him most was Vela....he said he was strong and his movement was good.....he wasnt that impressed with Jack Wilshere last night....he said he got really frustrated and was gobbing off ....
To be fair to him though, he was clearly targeted, everytime he got the ball someone went through him. Very easy to get frustrated and start "gobbing off" as you put it when you know your being singled out.

Especially when you're only 16.

sabret00the

Established Member

progman07 said:
Silvestre's comments:

The f****g annoying big headed c**t talks like it wasn't HIM who cost us the goals (partly). HIS stupid defensive lapses were punished.

If he was a real man he would have defended the youngsters and admitted it was him who f*d it up, but no, he talks about how 'inexperienced' the others are.
Saw the interview and could not ****ing believe it.

TomasCR

Established Member

Wouldn´t say he said something wrong in that interview, it´s all true. Not saying he is not a c**t though. ;) But the sentence "It was an opportunity for them to express themselves" should have sounded more like "It was an opportunity for us to express ourselves"

progman07

Established Member

He was blaming our loss on the youngsters' lack of concentration and experience, when it was him who lost us the game (he lost his man two times).

TomasCR

Established Member

You really can´t say it was him who lost the game. It´s not only one player and saying it was only him is pretty biased. I can as well say Fabiansky should have caught the ball in the case of the first goal and Randall should have used his body better to prevent from scoring the second one.

Silvestre is a c**t, but just because he is a c**t it doesn´t mean he should be resposible for all goals we concede.

progman07

Established Member

No I don't think it was only him. Still, you can't deny he was among the faulty players for both of the goals, so my point is still justified.

TomasCR

Established Member

Yeah, among maybe but he wasn´t the "main actor" in my eyes.

And no, your point is not justified, you have no point. :lol:

progman07

Established Member

TomasCR said:
Yeah, among maybe but he wasn´t the "main actor" in my eyes.

And no, your point is not justified, you have no point. :lol:
:lol:

My point is he has no right to blame the loss on the youngsters' lack of experience and concentration, when he also took part in the loss with HIS lack of concentration.

But I've already metioned that. :p

TomasCR

Established Member

I know Progman, it´s just that I´m in a crazy mood today, just have a tendence to make fun of everything. I better go sleep or somethig.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom