• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Burnley vs Arsenal | 02/12/08

number_0

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS1

ricky1985 said:
Invincible said:
He's always been like that though, honestly, when have you ever seen him work his arse off on the pitch? It's just not his style.

I am not being funny but he would be well advised to drop that 'style' and start to work his arse off. Otherwise he will fade into obscurity and his talent warrants better than that. He needs to show desire, some real desire between now and the day he retires frankly.

Its not like he chose the laid back lazy style, its just how he is, hes a berbatov/ibramovich type of players, you wont see them chasing lost causes, they have team mates to do that for them, which bendtner didnt have today, if i was doing the player rating thing, i wouldve given him a 6 and gibbs an 8.

sabret00the

Established Member

I don't mind the fact that we lost, it's just how we lost. We lost by playing sub-par performances and not taking our chances. ****!

banduan

Established Member

_scorpion_ said:
Shame about the result but this happens with young players. Inconsistency is simply unavoidable.

Don't waste too much time nit-picking the younger players performances. You just have to accept the fact that this is how youngsters learn from football.

Absolutely.

The Dane still can't do 90 mins btw.

thegame24

Established Member

welcome back to earth, lmao better than first team

dos1986

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
I am not being funny but he would be well advised to drop that 'style?.

Why should he?

He's having the time of his life.

He knows some other poor fool will pick him up and pay him 40k a week and he will be free to show ous all!!

Its ****, but what can we do?Its the modern game, fellas like him are more interested in finding nice models for wives, than playing 100% ( wouldnt look good on tv, with red puffed cheeks and sweaty hair )

thegame24

Established Member

Na hes just more concerned about a giant sly the cat coming to get him

sabret00the

Established Member

banduan said:
_scorpion_ said:
Shame about the result but this happens with young players. Inconsistency is simply unavoidable.

Don't waste too much time nit-picking the younger players performances. You just have to accept the fact that this is how youngsters learn from football.

Absolutely.
Bullshit?

You're absolutely right, it is absolutely bullshit. today wasn't about inconsistency, it was about ineptitude. We ripped apart a solid core of a victory embracing team and paid for it. In some cases we lacked choice but in others we didn't and we suffered accordingly.

McIntyre

Established Member

number_0 said:
Its not like he chose the laid back lazy style, its just how he is, hes a berbatov/ibramovich type of players, you wont see them chasing lost causes, they have team mates to do that for them, which bendtner didnt have today, if i was doing the player rating thing, i wouldve given him a 6 and gibbs an 8.

Frankly, I really don't want that sort of player in our team.

Everyone should be putting in the same effort, and this young team was successful in previous rounds for the exact reason that they were all working their socks off for each other. Every time they lost the ball, played a stray pass, they worked to recover. Today that effort wasn't quite there. That's not Bendtner's fault but it definitely helps when you have 11 players doing the running not 10.

There's a reason why Ibrahimovich and Berbatov will always flatter to deceive, will never quite be as successful or as effective as they could be, and that's because of that lackadaisical work-shy attitude.

If Bendtner's going to turn out to be the same sort of preening, lazy, selfish, arrogant player they are then the sooner he's out the door the better.

P.S. Sorry, I know I'm going very anti-Bendtner in this thread but it's not just because of this game, it's been building up for months now. I just don't think he's good enough. I don't think I've used any other player's name in conjunction with an expletive this season more than him, (even Denilson). Every match I feel like tearing my hair out watching him traipse around, losing the ball, miscontrolling it etc. Again, I apologise for the rant but I'm just so f*cking tired of seeing mediocre players f*cking up our season.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Henry was lazy too. He was arguably the best player both Arsenal and the Premier League has ever seen. You can't divide people into categories like that. Players don't get to cut in line just because they're stupid enough to waste energy on throughballs they'll never get anything out of.

McIntyre

Established Member

Henry GOT lazy, he didn't start off that way, but he also had some amazing talent to back it up when he did decide to play some football.

hujja

Established Member

Not really too worried about the loss. Another learning experience for the youngsters.

Kudos to Burnley though, they really stuck it to the big teams. Good luck to them.

hackajack

Established Member

McIntyre said:
Henry GOT lazy, he didn't start off that way, but he also had some amazing talent to back it up when he did decide to play some football.
Henry LOOKED lazy, players like Dickov or Alan Smith LOOK busy but they're ****e.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Wow. Wenger's comments surprised me. I think there is the danger with kids of them being downright unprofessional. I have to say, the thought crossed my mind watching Bendtner and Vela last night. I thought "Didnt this two play against Dynamo in the CL. DO they now think they are bigger than the Carling Cup?". I could be wrong but theat Wenger took the unusal step (for him) of crticising his players gives credence to the argument. You only hope that sometimes he does that with the first team although I bet that those words have an impact there too.

Captain

Established Member

First game in the freezing cold for Vela, I bet he didn't know what hit him. Despite that he kept going.

Bendtner was also a player whose head didn't drop along with Merida.

patrick42uk

Established Member

I felt Vela didnt really seem up for the physical battle second half.

alonso14

Established Member

I went last night.....it was a really good game, with both teams trying to play.....You were a ittle unlucky but i thought you lacked conviction at both ends

I was in the players lounge....And obv my mate played.....Talking to him after they had a game plan....they didnt want to be too aggressive but tried to stop you playing by pressing in numbers...they got a bollocking off Owen Coyle because they didnt do it right

Ste said that out of the players on the park the one that impressed him most was Vela....he said he was strong and his movement was good.....he wasnt that impressed with Jack Wilshere last night....he said he got really frustrated and was gobbing off a bit......

He said that the Arsenal lads were ok at the end

ricky1985

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Henry was lazy too. He was arguably the best player both Arsenal and the Premier League has ever seen. You can't divide people into categories like that. Players don't get to cut in line just because they're stupid enough to waste energy on throughballs they'll never get anything out of.

Thats not it though Klaus. It is not about sprinting for 90 minutes, closing down, running after every crap through ball. It's about desire, that burning desire to win that every great player has always had.

Bendtner didnt give a **** whether we won or lost yesterday, whether he scored or didnt score. Thats wrong, and sadly its why he will never make it.

alonso14

Established Member

he did say that Bendtner came across as a bit arrogant

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Thats not it though Klaus. It is not about sprinting for 90 minutes, closing down, running after every crap through ball. It's about desire, that burning desire to win that every great player has always had.

Bendtner didnt give a s**t whether we won or lost yesterday, whether he scored or didnt score. Thats wrong, and sadly its why he will never make it.
That's just stupid. Of course he did. He could have had three great assists in that game. He played Randall, Gibbs and Vela through to one-on-ones with the keeper with great passes. With any kind of luck from his teammates you'd be calling him a new Bergkamp today. Sometimes those things just roll the wrong way. Last night Bendtner showed more vision than I've ever seen him do. His finish was crap, but that's easy to improve with training and a bit of confidence.

McIntyre said:
Henry probably averaged least mileage per game of any Arsenal player in the invincibles. He constantly walked around on the field to save energy for his runs. He had a footballing brain that operated way above the rest. He was sheer intelligence. And because of that he didn't bother with passes that wasn't about to amount to anything. Deal with it.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom