• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Burnley vs Arsenal | 02/12/08

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS1

Fabianski really needs to get rid of his moments of madness. I think that he's an astonishingly good goalkeeper at times (which bodes well, as it means he has loads of talent), but he needs to be on his game all game.

Oh, and **** Silvestre. And **** Wenger for getting him of all players instead of... you know... any one of the cheap defenders that moved over the summer who are far better than any of ours.

I dunno what to do with Bendtner. I'm honestly fed up seeing him miss chance after chance. It isn't as bad with Ade, as he can (and does) make his own chances, and eventually puts them away.

number_0

Established Member

I hope people lay of nik for a while, he was one of our better players today, true he couldve done better with his 3 chances, but credits to the keeper for pulling the saves, but he was good other than that, his passing was great, and dominated in the air aswell, shame that he was isolated and most of the second balls were won by the burnley players.

_scorpion_

Established Member

Shame about the result but this happens with young players. Inconsistency is simply unavoidable.

Don't waste too much time nit-picking the younger players performances. You just have to accept the fact that this is how youngsters learn from football.

qs

Established Member

Lukazan said:
Where were Song and Djourou, or atleast one of them!

Being rested for the Wigan game I assume.

McIntyre

Established Member

Alfonso said:
Negatives:
1) That second half performance by Bendtner was one of the worst I have seen by an Arsenal striker in years. Not only was he s**t he just didnt not put the effort in which is very poor since he is a 20 year old kid who should work his arse off every given opportunity. Why didnt he care? Bendtner has put in a few shocking displays this season but that one took the biscuit. I dont think he will ever make it here, Jay Simpson showed more desire and application in his 20 mins on the pitch than Bednter did for the whole game. I have never seen such a lacklustre second half from an Arsenal player in a long time. He was a disgrace tonight.

Of course Jay Simpson showed more desire, because unlike Bendtner he doesn't have a nailed on place in the first team squad no matter how many sh*t performances he puts in.

Bendtner's attitude has always appalled me, and he clearly couldn't give a sh*t at times tonight. I guess he's lucky Ade wasn't there to come on as sub and nut him again, but maybe one of the other youngsters will oblige.

I made a few enemies when I was doing my time in The Lobby by constantly berating Bendtner. Everybody kept leaping to his defence, going on about his age and every single easy pass or assist he got right. But I'm well and truly sick of him.

I can't wait until Eduardo's back and we'll have good reason to ship Bendtner out once and for all. I just don't think he has the ability to ever make it.

Alfonso

Established Member

number_0 said:
I hope people lay of nik for a while, he was one of our better players today, true he couldve done better with his 3 chances, but credits to the keeper for pulling the saves, but he was good other than that, his passing was great, and dominated in the air aswell, shame that he was isolated and most of the second balls were won by the burnley players.

You on crack? His old man made some good saves but he should have put at least one of those chances away. But why does he still not no when to release the ball? Bendtner is going backwards. His lack of effort in the 2nd half was unacceptable, I hope he doesnt feature in the team any time soon.

Anyway insult to injury, Derby won tonight. So I would be gutted if Burnley get them in the next round.

Invincible

Established Member

Nick bashing is getting out of hand tbh.

He wasn't that bad.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Just thought he had one of those games where nothing goes for you. If you'v played football you'll know what I'm talking about. Vela was much poor too. ssecond half he looked well beaten in the physical battle with their cbs.

most disappointing thing for me was the lack of belief after going 2 down

Double_H

Established Member

Nik was good ....it wasnt our day ....simple as that

we missed our chances ...and we start the famous A-M bashing games

guinertron

number_0 said:

The problem with "Nik" is that he is not as good as him and his old man thinks he is. If we get a 6+ bid get shot of him. I dread to think how many attempts he and Adeybayor get through without scoring during a game.

duduspace

Invincible said:
Nick bashing is getting out of hand tbh.

He wasn't that bad.

The problem with Nic is his attitude which needs some sorting out, you can't doubt his quality and attributes but there comes a time when a player just has to leave everything he has got on the pitch. I'm sure most people will lay off him when they see him make the effort for the full 90 minutes duration of the match.

Alfonso

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
Just thought he had one of those games where nothing goes for you.
Really? Because every time I have seen him play this season, apart from the last 10 mins against West Ham he has played like that, e.g FC Twente at home. Bendtner looked very promising in pre-season which is why his form this season is even more disapointing. The quicker Eduardo can return the better.

hackajack

Established Member

All about missing chances, you just gotta put it in the net.

Invincible

Established Member

He's always been like that though, honestly, when have you ever seen him work his arse off on the pitch? It's just not his style.

You only think he didn't give his all because he didn't actually play well. Who did anyway? Apart from Gibbs they were all poor.

It's a cup tie and we lost it, just get over it. Does anyone really care about the Carling Cup?

We should congratulate the lads, they've done us proud.

number_0

Established Member

Alfonso said:
number_0 said:

You on crack? His old man made some good saves but he should have put at least one of those chances away. But why does he still not no when to release the ball? Bendtner is going backwards. His lack of effort in the 2nd half was unacceptable, I hope he doesnt feature in the team any time soon.

Anyway insult to injury, Derby won tonight. So I would be gutted if Burnley get them in the next round.

I felt he was one of the better ones, but thats not saying much, he lacks pace to lead the line, and I wont defend his finishing tonight, it was outracious but his genaral game was alright, he put our players through 3 times tonight and they were guilty as he was for missing their chances.
He was winning headers aswell and outmuscling defenders, his passing was inconsistant but not **** overall, could do better.

ricky1985

Established Member

Invincible said:
He's always been like that though, honestly, when have you ever seen him work his arse off on the pitch? It's just not his style.

I am not being funny but he would be well advised to drop that 'style' and start to work his arse off. Otherwise he will fade into obscurity and his talent warrants better than that. He needs to show desire, some real desire between now and the day he retires frankly.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I think he is terrible.

kamikaze80

Established Member

yea, his style reminds a bit too much of berba.. arrogant and lazy. except he's nowhere near as efficient as berba yet in his touch and his finishing. you have to give him credit for his "assists" today though - he had some great flicks to create 2 of our 1v1's. has to finish better though - pick a corner and slot it in early.

kamikaze80

Established Member

qs said:
Lukazan said:
Where were Song and Djourou, or atleast one of them!
Being rested for the Wigan game I assume.
djourou rightly is our starting CB now - he's graduated from the carling cup. song probably should be playing in the carling cup but no matter.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom