• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Burnley vs Arsenal | 02/12/08

Kraig

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS1

rodgers should never have played, he was at fault for the first goal with his poor positioning. randall is never a top level prem player, bendy and carlos looked like they felt they'd been punished for playing in the CC and just didnt care, ramsey was invisible, wilshere just didnt look his usual self, hoyte played well at cb, the manc did not, gibbs and lansbury can leave with there heads held high as they both had good games, merida did not and simpson was lively when he came on... the hoff was not

Nela

Established Member

Look on the bright side.

We lost to Hull after the kids won against Sheffield. We lost to Stoke after the kids won against Wigan.

Maybe this means we'll actually manage to win the match against Wigan on Saturday.

-vapour-

Rohit said:
Disappointed. Really thought we had a great chance of reaching the final. Our execution was extremely poor today and the inexperience and immaturity clearly showed in the attacks.

No team deserves to win after missing 5 one-on-ones though.

AFCFan4Ever

It's time to cut ties with Randall and sell him...he isn't going to make it here and he's had plenty of time. Shocking is the only I way I can describe him.

And as far as Bendtner goes, I NEVER want to hear another peep from either him or his gobshite dad complaining about playing time, demanding things, talking about leaving, etc. What a waste.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

And Merida was extremely poor with Randall. Kept playing those stupid longballs when they knew they are playing against a championship side, who is good at dealing long balls

giuliob

Nobody stood out for Arsenal...Nobody played consistently throughout the entire game....

In the first half, the defense had serious lapses, and the midfield players, Randall being the exception, were a shadow of how they have played in the past, especially Wilshere and Ramsey....Ah, growing pains.....Bendtner had his moments and his chances, and Vela was practically anonymous except for the last 10 minutes of the 1st half....

Thought for sure we would get back in it in the 2nd half....Substitutions made sense.....But give credit to Burnley who played their hearts out...Youth can get you so far, and then it's lights out......

-vapour-

Kain said:
Well... dissapointing but respect to Burnley for not kicking us off the pitch and actually playing football, you can find out alot more from our young team in away games on miserable cold nights then you can ****ing Sheff Utd at home, may they and Wenger learn from this.

1 cup down 2 to go.

errr 3 cups?

Champions league, EPL and FA Cup.

Dont write us off yet though come on! Arsenal fan? My arse :|

James

Established Member

Disappointing all round tonight, but it was never going to be easy up there. There were some poor individual performances, but there was no shape at all to the side. They were far too stretched across the whole pitch, and Burnley found it far too easy to cut through. The defence sat far too deep, and we just invited pressure on ourselves, and it meant we could never get hold of the ball in their half.

Slightly disappointed, but tonight will really point out to Arsène just who will make it at this club.

mindchnger

Klaus Daimler said:
sabret00the said:
Looking at our last match, there were three things that struck me.

Randall was s***e.
Djourou/Song was fantastic.
Simpson/Vela was good.

In the name of experience, we seemingly dismantled our successful centre back pairing. destroyed our forward pairing and kept the ****test player of the previous match.

Great work Arsène, another inept performance by you.
f**k off. I've read some stupid posts from you, but that gotta be the dumbest thing you've written. Djourou is injured, Song doesn't play because he did ninety against Chelsea, Vela/Bendtner scored five goals against Sheffield United and Randall was great against both them and Wigan. Stop talking so much s**t.

I actually agree with Sabre's assessment of our previous matches, but since Song and Djourou both played a few days ago they weren't going to play this one even if they were fit. It's a shame because they made a really good pairing in centre of defense for us, but they we needed them in the first team. So really couldn't have done anything about those 2 being out for this game. I knew though that we'd have trouble b/c our CBs who started this game just don't play enough together.

Randall has not been playing well at all this season, on the whole. He's quite careless with the ball and goes in for reckless challenges. He has the odd moment of brilliance, but he's more a liability at CM. I'd have to say though that I thought he played a little better this game than in previous matches, but that's not too encouraging.

Bendtner needs the run of games, so I didn't mind him starting today. Fouled up every chance that came to him though :cry:

nazo

Established Member

In the end, they took their chances while we didn't. It was an even match otherwise, and we could've won this. Lots of 'Hollywood' players out there today. Merida doesn't know what a simple pass is, same with Randall.

Too bad it had to end here, but Burnley deserved to go through.

Tony Montana

Established Member

Well we have Plymouth Argyle in the FA Cup in January....

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Dissapointing really, we had enough chances to win this game easily.

Bendtner really looked like he didnt want to be there.

I feel vindicated in my opinion of Randall not being anywhere near good enough to play for us.

sabret00the

Established Member

GaelForce22 said:
sabret00the said:
Looking at our last match, there were three things that struck me.

Randall was s***e.
Djourou/Song was fantastic.
Simpson/Vela was good.

In the name of experience, we seemingly dismantled our successful centre back pairing. destroyed our forward pairing and kept the ****test player of the previous match.

Great work Arsène, another inept performance by you.

So what would you have done?

Randall was not s**t against Wigan and was one of our best players against Sheffield United.
After promoting Song and Djourou to the first team, they didn't need to be in this side. Hence Silvestre coming in and as Touré/Eboue/Nordveit were unavailable, Paul Rodgers.
Simpson/Vela were good, but Bendtner/Vela were better and proved it in more than one match.
Defensively i think we made the right decision. Though i wouldn't have taken Rogers off.
Bendtner/Vela haven't had minutes together in a competitive match in ****ing ages.
And Randall's been ****. He shouldn't even be allowed to put on an Arsenal shirt.

McIntyre

Established Member

That team was crying out for Song and Djourou at the back, at least they seemed to have some sort of understanding with each other, shame they weren't available. The defence tonight was a shambles, so many basic errors it was tragic.

I also think we were less dangerous in attack thanks to Bendtner's inclusion. He had a few nice touches, especially for Randall's chance, but he's just so slow both on and off the ball.

Not only that he's always looking to come deep, and with Vela looking to do the same we never really had enough penetration in behind their defence.

Oh well, time to farm out some of these youngsters on loan and, honestly, it's about time we let a few of them go too (like Randall, Simpson, maybe Gibbs).

progman07

Established Member

Sad result, after all the hype and expectations.

We did have chances, but we ****ed them up, and our defense was...

The worst thing is that Silvestre is supposed to be the "experience" and he should be a good example, but he is the worst of all. Such a clown signing, Man Utd didn't need him anymore, so we could get him on the cheap. French? Yes. Cheap? Yes. Quality isn't important anymore.

Also, why does Bendtner think he can dribble? He tries something and it doesn't come off, then he passes it backwards. And I won't even talk about his finishing...

-vapour-

Well we've ripped alot of players tonight... but noone has mentioned silvestre, he was simply awful. Fair enough he probably doesnt want to be playing with the kids, but he has a job at this club to play when called upon so the least he could do was put a little effort in and rally the troops. Far too quiet, would have been better off sticking with Fabianski as captain imo.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

-vapour- said:
Kain said:
Well... dissapointing but respect to Burnley for not kicking us off the pitch and actually playing football, you can find out alot more from our young team in away games on miserable cold nights then you can ****ing Sheff Utd at home, may they and Wenger learn from this.

1 cup down 2 to go.

errr 3 cups?

Man U will win the league, and probably the Carling Cup as well. Arsène doesn't really care about the FA Cup, so that kinda rules us out. CL is a crapshoot. Whoever gets really lucky always ends up in the final. Let's cross our fingers.

sesquioxide

mindchnger said:
Bendtner needs the run of games, so I didn't mind him starting today. Fouled up every chance that came to him though :cry:

Unless I am misstaken, he has 1 goal to his name in 10-11 matches?

At some point we will have to say he doesn't deserve the run anymore.

-vapour-

raidersoftheark said:
-vapour- said:
Kain said:

1 cup down 2 to go.

errr 3 cups?

Man U will win the league, and probably the Carling Cup as well. Arsène doesn't really care about the FA Cup, so that kinda rules us out. CL is a crapshoot. Whoever gets really lucky always ends up in the final. Let's cross our fingers.

Dont count your chickens :p

-vapour-

sesquioxide said:
mindchnger said:

Unless I am misstaken, he has 1 goal to his name in 10-11 matches?

At some point we will have to say he doesn't deserve the run anymore.

Certaintly didnt change my mind...

:eek:ops:

coat? yes please

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom