• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Burnley vs Arsenal | 02/12/08

True Gooner

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal | Carling Cup Quarter-Final | 2/12/08 SS1

I think its about time they played a decent Championship outfit away from home to be honest.

Would be valuable experience for the likes of Vela and Wilshere. (Ramsey should already be fairly comfortable with Championship ties)

alonso14

Established Member

you wont have many problems..i watch them alot as my mate is there...go to see them too when we are not playing

they are not great at the back (sorry Ste!)

the keeper is good though (the beast!!)

Eagles is a decent player......Patterson is good also....but your passing and movement will be too much for them

and you can have a quote from Ste Jordan when the draw was made

"Fucing great....We go to the Bridge and beat Chelsea, now I have to chase a bunch of 16 year olds around Turf Moor"

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

lol Nice quote Alonso...hopefully it will be Burnely doing the chasing alright ;)

True Gooner

Established Member

alonso - could you ask your mate what he thinks of Wilshere (who he will come up against) once we play Burnley? :D

qs

Established Member

hahahaha thats brilliant Alonso.

As for people talking about dropping Randall for Coquelin I don't think thats a good idea at all, Randall is fighter. We need that bit of edge in midfield for this light weight team. He'll do the dirty work while Ramsey, Vela, Wishire, etc dazzle us. Hopefully.

alonso14

Established Member

Ill speak to him after and post his thoughts about the game

I might be going

raidersoftheark

Established Member

qs said:

As for people talking about dropping Randall for Coquelin I don't think thats a good idea at all, Randall is fighter. We need that bit of edge in midfield for this light weight team. He'll do the dirty work while Ramsey, Vela, Wishire, etc dazzle us. Hopefully.

And Coquelin isn't? Coquelin is pretty much Randall Mk. II

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
qs said:

And Coquelin isn't? Coquelin is pretty much Randall Mk. II

Thats hugely unfair to Coquelin.

GaelForce22

Established Member

I wonder if we'll see Simpson on the right wing with Merida dropped to the bench? He definitely deserves to keep his place in the team while Bendtner should probably get some game time as he's not probably going back to the first team bar injuries for a while. It will also be interesting if Toure or Silvestre play over Song/Djourou.

Anyway, looking forward to this game as usual. The next stage of the kid's development.

GaelForce22

Established Member

I'm not sure. Out of Bendtner, Vela, Simpson, Wilshere and Merida for the front four positions I'd pick him to be dropped based on so far's Carling Cup form.

qs

Established Member

I don't we'll drop Merida. He's done pretty well and deserves to be kept in. Simpson will probably have to settle for a cameo from the bench. You never know though, Wenger may start him and bench Nik depending how much he intends to use Nik in the next few weeks.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

GaelForce22 said:
I'm not sure. Out of Bendtner, Vela, Simpson, Wilshere and Merida for the front four positions I'd pick him to be dropped based on so far's Carling Cup form.

As much as i dislike Randall, and like Merida the midfield shouldnt be broken up, its proved to be very effective so far, and Merida is closer to the first team and in a position we need, so he should be getting more starts.

If Bendtner is to come in, then it should be for Simpson, and if thats harsh on Simpson, then thats hard luck.

alonso14

Established Member

i have just texted him and I am defo going....Players lounge after too.....going with him Mum

I have just said I am on an Arsenal Forum and he texted

"HA ha tell them I am going to score the winner"

mmmmm he hasnt scored in 5 years of professional football so I wouldnt worry

qs

Established Member

Left back yeah? I'd say he's having nightmare about Jack the lad.

alonso14

Established Member

qs said:

he isnt the quickest either is our Stephen

Positionally he is very good but lacks a yard at the top level

he will try to kick him....hard

True Gooner

Established Member

Erm...tell him that Jack and Carlos are rubbish on the ball and theres no danger in letting them pass it around coz they dont do much and make sure he doesnt allow Randall time with the ball because he can spilt open defences. :D

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Didnt Randall do time, er i mean loan time, at Burnley last year? He should be our advantage on an "inside man" basis.

j'nuh

alonso14 said:
qs said:

he isnt the quickest either is our Stephen

Positionally he is very good but lacks a yard at the top level

he will try to kick him....hard

Yeah i was going to say.

Tell him he wouldnt kick a tiny 16 year old in the street so theres no need to do it on the pitch.

number_0

Established Member

alonso14 said:
i have just texted him and I am defo going....Players lounge after too.....going with him Mum

I have just said I am on an Arsenal Forum and he texted

"HA ha tell them I am going to score the winner"

mmmmm he hasnt scored in 5 years of professional football so I wouldnt worry

Really? but this is arsenal we are talking about, we should worry.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom