• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lets rate our 2021 summer transfer window.

How do you rate our transfer business this summer?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Because our long term prospects are now far better.
No they aren’t. We’ve signed some young players who might or might not work out. That money could’ve actually been spent on quality who improve us today.

No Arsenal fan in this world can ever tell me 50M for White was needed when we had Saliba, and 30M for a bloody GK.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
No they aren’t. We’ve signed some young players who might or might not work out. That money could’ve actually been spent on quality who improve us today.

No Arsenal fan in this world can ever tell me 50M for White was needed when we had Saliba, and 30M for a bloody GK.
Sorry to act like a police agent right now but Ramsdale was 24m.

It's 30m incl. addons but if we have to pay the addons it means Ramsdale is a quality GK for us and probably a starter, HG, English GK with call up for the national squad. You can guess what his value will be then.

So all in all, it could be a really good deal if it hits the 30m!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sorry to act like a police agent right now but Ramsdale was 24m.

It's 30m incl. addons but if we have to pay the addons it means Ramsdale is a quality GK for us and probably a starter, HG, English GK with call up for the national squad. You can guess what his value will be then.

So all in all, it could be a really good deal if it hits the 30m!
Sometimes add on are linked to appearances alone, so Ramsdale can hit those even if he’s not been great.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In a different world, we could have saved that ÂŁ80 million and had Saliba and Martinez (2 better players) starting for us now.

Kind of amazing how much money we have needlessly just thrown away.

Xln

Sometimes add on are linked to appearances alone, so Ramsdale can hit those even if he’s not been great.
Fair point. I haven't looked into Ramsdale's addons. But imo, if the Martinez deal never happened, this buy would have received way less bashing.

All in all i think we did a good deal with Ramsdale but the Saliba deal is a tragedy indeed.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Given Guendouzi away on loan with an obligation to buy for around 9M. Guy just got named in the French squad and quickly looked a 40-50M player under Emery.

Crazy stuff. Saliba will leave too.

Lol. If we kept Guendouzi, Saliba and Martinez, we’d save £100M in fees. Proven PL quality for 2 of them. If Tets wasn’t a duck head to AMN, that would be our right back option. Most of the money spent this window was unnecessary but made necessary by bad man management.

tcahill

That same logic applies to players of any age really. Just looking at our own squad, Lacazette, Pepe, Xhaka were all established players rather than young talents, and look how they turned out.

It's not like we've bought completely unknown wonderkids either. The only real punts we've taken are Lokonga and Tavares. Ben White, Ødegaard, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale have all been playing at a high level for several years.

We are going to play like ass under Arteta no matter what. At least the next manager will have time to build a proper project with these young guys.

Agree about Ben White/Saliba though. Good player, but I can't believe I have to hope that Lokonga can bench Xhaka.

AbouCuĂŠllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Wonder what people would rate it now? Pretty crazy to look at this now, only I and @Taylor Gang Gunners voted 8 (remember I was between 8 and 9 at the time, but didn't give a 9 cause of frustration with lack of outgoings), 70% rated it a 5 or lower.

With the benefit of hindsight I'd rate it a tick higher from 8 to 9; not sure the offers were really there for AMN or Nketiah (there had the issue with personal terms), so perhaps I was a bit harsh. Xhaka offer really wasn't good enough...I thought at the time we should've been more aggressive with outgoings so that selling Xhaka cheap wouldn't be such a big issue wrt to picking up a good replacement for him, but with the benefit of hindsight it seems we were open to selling AMN and Nketiah (Chambers too, presumably) but just didn't get the offers for them / didn't work out in Nketiah's case.

Balogun is the one real thing I can criticise without any qualifications, not sure what we were thinking not being more aggressive in finding him a loan. Created a log jam at U23 and U18 levels where players like Flores and Edwards should've been playing more at U23 level but haven't, not even Hutchinson enough, and Richards not getting the time he should at U18 level.

You'd have to say one of our best transfer windows in modern times. Not sure we've had a better one in the last decade and change.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I rated it at 5, it seems. In hindsight, I'd go 7-8. We recruited well last summer. It is a treat to realise that now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

I voted 3.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I voted 6....Will give 7 or maybe an 8 now.. So not bad. 1 less for bad sales. 1 for maybe another mid or striker.

Xln

Seeing how the summer window unfolded, do you guys trust Arteta to buy the right CF for us or was it just a fluke?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I gave it a 4 :facepalm: tbf that was more on account of the lack of outgoings in the summer but still deary me.

You have to say every signing we made has proven to be at the very least decent. Fair play.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wonder what people would rate it now? Pretty crazy to look at this now, only I and @Taylor Gang Gunners voted 8 (remember I was between 8 and 9 at the time, but didn't give a 9 cause of frustration with lack of outgoings), 70% rated it a 5 or lower.

With the benefit of hindsight I'd rate it a tick higher from 8 to 9; not sure the offers were really there for AMN or Nketiah (there had the issue with personal terms), so perhaps I was a bit harsh. Xhaka offer really wasn't good enough...I thought at the time we should've been more aggressive with outgoings so that selling Xhaka cheap wouldn't be such a big issue wrt to picking up a good replacement for him, but with the benefit of hindsight it seems we were open to selling AMN and Nketiah (Chambers too, presumably) but just didn't get the offers for them / didn't work out in Nketiah's case.

Balogun is the one real thing I can criticise without any qualifications, not sure what we were thinking not being more aggressive in finding him a loan. Created a log jam at U23 and U18 levels where players like Flores and Edwards should've been playing more at U23 level but haven't, not even Hutchinson enough, and Richards not getting the time he should at U18 level.

You'd have to say one of our best transfer windows in modern times. Not sure we've had a better one in the last decade and change.
I was in the 13.7% to rate it 7 or 8.

There were reasons for not rating it more, like not selling Elneny and getting someone there. Other ones were related to sales.

But yeah, if I look now it is likely 8.

Also people usually forget the monetary restrictions regarding what is possible. Or covid affecting etc.

With these taken into account it could be 9. But we will never know. Rating a window is always related to one's hopes.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom