• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Arteta needed to be appointed immediately...don’t think the board will go from Freddie to Mikel, especially if Freddie does badly.

Hoping Vieira might be seen as a less risk by the board since he has managerial experience, and we go for him!

For me, this job is too big for Vieira. I wouldn’t back him to finish in the top 6 with these players.

Potch and Rodgers have that mixture of being elite young coaches but having enough experiences to deal with the challenges of this Arsenal job.

Vieira lacks in both those qualities.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just shows how slow we are with making decisions.
We are in abit of limbo land. Are the club looking? Are they hoping to wait till the summer? We don’t know.

This uncertainty travels to the playing staff and has a direct affect on the pitch I feel, if the players are looking at Freddie not knowing if he’s going to be here next week or not.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For me, this job is too big for Vieira. I wouldn’t back him to finish in the top 6 with these players.

Potch and Rodgers have that mixture of being elite young coaches but having enough experiences to deal with the challenges of this Arsenal job.

Vieira lacks in both those qualities.

Looked this up earlier.

In addition to Poch not winning any trophies as a coach atm...since last winning the World Cup in 1986, Argentina have always progressed though the group stage of the tournament, except for one year, 2002...and that was the only World Cup Poch played in...what a winner! ;)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looked this up earlier.

In addition to Poch not winning any trophies as a coach atm...since last winning the World Cup in 1986, Argentina have always progressed though the group stage of the tournament, except for one year, 2002...and that was the only World Cup Poch played in...what a winner! ;)

We need a coach who’ll get us playing well and finishing top 4 again. Potch done that with a lesser club, and got to the CL final.

You need to make your mind up, Jose has the greatest CV ever and you didn’t want him either.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We are in abit of limbo land. Are the club looking? Are they hoping to wait till the summer? We don’t know.

This uncertainty travels to the playing staff and has a direct affect on the pitch I feel, if the players are looking at Freddie not knowing if he’s going to be here next week or not.
They sacked Emery at the wrong time and now paying for it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hopefully a new manager comes in before things get too messy for Freddie. I don’t see a happy story here, team has too many weaknesses.

Riou

We need a coach who’ll get us playing well and finishing top 4 again. Potch done that with a lesser club, and got to the CL final.

You need to make your mind up, Jose has the greatest CV ever and you didn’t want him either.

Don’t think Poochie would come here anyway, feel he cares too much about Sp**s...good coach though, jokes aside.

Would be happy with anyone from the poll in this thread, would be few I would be against taking over.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t think Poochie would come here anyway, feel he cares too much about Sp**s...good coach though, jokes aside.

Would be happy with anyone from the poll in this thread, would be few I would be against taking over.
1 or 2 names aside, that poll is pretty terrible.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Think they are quality and Fabinho extraordinary, but the whole is always bigger than its parts with Klopp.

Nobody gets so much out of the team and each player. Incredible stuff, really - he'd turn even our mess into title contenders in two year's time.

Milner has had his time at many clubs at this level and has never looked this good. He was a squaddie at City and they had no problems about selling him in 2015. I doubt he suddenly found 2 extra gears.

Its Klopp and the system, not the quality of the individuals.

Riou

Yeah I don't understand the narrative about Ancelotti being done at all.

Carlo has won the CL at Madrid in 2014 they've been waiting for a decade. He was highly praised back then with his masterclass against Pep's Bayern. He's beaten almost every top coaches there is to beat.
But somehow by year 2016, he's became a bum at Bayern? Or football has evolved so fast that he couldn't keep up?

Ofc not. The Bayern dressing room was toxic and Hoeness on record said 5 players were forcing him out. Muller Boateng Ribéry Robben Hummels. These 5 players have been in decline and are not the same as they were and yet they were blaming their coach for their decline.

They're washed. Those same players were washed at the WC with their NT.
Pep was smart to leave them. He ain't stupid, he knew he couldn't go any higher with this group of player and they were regressing. He moved on.

Last year Carlo had a solid season with his Napoli. They've been impressive against Liverpool and psg. They were unlucky to draw them. But last year's game against Napoli I haven't seen any other team hurting klopp's Liverpool as much over one game, with the inferior squad.
He's finished 2nd in the league, +10 pts with the third. Solid season.
This year has been a circus at Napoli with their owner who wants to sue half of his players :lol:

I still don't understand how we beat them though. :lol:

giphy.gif

Joestlaachmkr

I don’t know if they’d take him but Simeone spoke a few years ago about really liking the PSG project. With Tuchel headed to Bayern most likely that could be an opening for him.
Huh? Tuchel said a few weeks ago that the vacant job at Bayern didn`t interest him at all, he also said that he wanted to stay in PSG. And we could only dream of getting a manager like Simoene, he earns 22m a year at Atletico Madrid.

Joestlaachmkr

What annoys me is that the owners & the board of our club have handled everything so badly. They were terrible in selecting a successor to Wenger, then they handled the sacking of Emery in a bad way. We could ffs had gotten Allegri, Tuchel, Enrique or Rodgers as a replacement for Wenger if the board had been more ambitious, and why they didn`t sack Emery during the international break and found a qualified replacement is a mystery for me. I hate to say it, but we are becoming a comedy club.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Looks abit dead on the manager front I think, if you accept Allegri has declined us and Potch won’t cross over the to the red part of North London.

Im pretty high on Arteta but it now feels he’ll have too much to do, in his first job too.

Maybe in the summer you try to get Rodgers, sign some young british players and try to build an identity again.

I’m coming around to Rodgers.

I always knew he was your boy!

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Tbf if we decide to go the Arteta road, I hope we will wait until the summer.

Football fans are impatient.
Objectively speaking the odds that any manager could save our season in the PL are really low. I don't think they've been a lot of teams in the history who closed such a gap after a bad start. It won't be his team, we might be missing key pieces to play his philosophy in an effective way, the atmosphere is toxic, there's a lot of doubt around the club, people will welcome the next arsenal manager with a knife between their teeth, he won't have the luxury to afford to lose any points.
And he will be questionned very fast if we don't get positive results fast.

I'd rather wait this summer. He will have calm & serenity to prepare. He won't have the extra pressure to save our disastrous start of season He will have some time to meet the players in a postive environnement. Introducing his ideas and philosophy. Working on them without having a sword above his head. Getting the players he needs to.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks abit dead on the manager front I think, if you accept Allegri has declined us and Potch won’t cross over the to the red part of North London.

Im pretty high on Arteta but it now feels he’ll have too much to do, in his first job too.

Maybe in the summer you try to get Rodgers, sign some young british players and try to build an identity again.

I’m coming around to Rodgers.

He's a beautiful human being, and Kolo Toure has big thighs. It's a win win. -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom