• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I actually think we might drift off even further.

Our squad is filled with overrated dross that are mentally weak. It pains me to see Sp**s playing free flowing football and smashing teams 5-0 with Mourinho in charge.
When the dust settles i think 7th will be our best fans will need to get used to it. Clearly the club have no ambition, so whatever is my thoughts to them.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
You guys forget there transfer windows most of players here won't be at Arsenal in next 5 years and if we keep making signings like we did last summer we'll always improve
No serious player wants to come to a club where the owner's son comes to the training ground wearing an LA Rams t-shirt.

What’s all the crying about Arteta?

Way more exciting than all the dead managers you lot have been advocating.

Little risk: our season is already over & he won’t command a big salary / cost much to sack if he’s useless.
High reward: if he’s anywhere near as good as a lot at City seem to think then we could have a really special manager (who loves the club) on our hands.
Little risk, our season over, seriously? This season is far from over, in case it has escaped you we need another 21 points to pretty much guarantee safety and right now I really dont see where they're coming from. I thought when Emery was appointed this wasn't the job for a rookie like Arteta and we're in a worse state now so it's even less the job for him now!!

carlito'sway

Established Member
Therefore all experienced managers are the same as Emery? He was the wrong appointment - didn't work out - a bit like that girl or guy you dated that only lasted a short time and didn't end up in marriage.

I'm more likely to openly criticise and undercut an inexperienced manager than someone who has successfully managed another club.

That was not my point. It is pretty simple, there is no more guarantees with an "experienced" manager than a relatively fresh face like Arteta.
We just went the former route and it was abject so I am not adverse of making a bold move with an Arteta. I would rather do that than recycle the likes of Benitez or Ancelotti.

mpower2540

This job is much bigger than I originally thought. Hiring a guy who’s never been a manager and asking him to fix a situation that’s in a mess really concerns me
Your right there...maybe arteta dies indeed have "it" both wenger and pep seem to think so. Remember all those Arsène who? Headlines all those years ago....all and sundry claimed an unknown professor lookalike from Japan was underwhelming, etc...he didn't do too badly now did he? Could lightning strike twice? I ****ing hope so lol
My worry with Arteta is he’ll be coming into an environment where players are either not good enough, ageing past their peaks, or looking for a way out. It’s an awful lot to ask of a guy who’s not managed at all in his career and in the middle of a season where everyone is a shambles.

He comes from a winning culture and he strikes me as a guy who will have a point to prove which I like, however I think if we are going down the Arteta route we should wait till the end of the season.

I’d rather get someone in as interim to organise us, make us more competitive and in a compact shape to regain some semblance of confidence, muddle through to the end of the season and give Mikel a blank canvas and fully commit to his ideas. Big big few months ahead for this club

At the moment I'd settle for someone who doesn't pick David Luiz, plays people in their proper positions and doesn't ponce about playing endless passes between the defenders and going nowhere! A bit of POMO wouldn't go amiss, plus if the ball is in the opposition's box there's less chance of our defenders fcuking up!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You guys forget there transfer windows most of players here won't be at Arsenal in next 5 years and if we keep making signings like we did last summer we'll always improve

Bruh we don’t even have a manager yet and we’re closer to the scrap at the bottom than the leaders at the top of the league.

Also, what makes things even worse is that Mourinho was available and would have been open to managing us. It’s no surprise now that Sp**s want Koulibaly in January while we’re scrapping around to find a second rate manager.

Lovely stuff.

Riotof91

That was not my point. It is pretty simple, there is no more guarantees with an "experienced" manager than a relatively fresh face like Arteta.
We just went the former route and it was abject so I am not adverse of making a bold move with an Arteta. I would rather do that than recycle the likes of Benitez or Ancelotti.
rubbish
there's way more guarantees with a proven manager than a cone coIIector
emery wasn't proven at arsenaI IeveI, he faiIed to break top 4 @ seviIIa which has actuaIIy done better since he Ieft, & extreme circumstance at PSG is too extreme to draw concIusiveIy, he's a mid tabIe manager who had some cup success in a cup before every1 eIse started to take that cup serious, comparissons to anceIotti or aIIegri are a joke

if arteta wasn't a former wenger pIayer this wouIdn't even be a conversation
why aren't u caIIing for us to appoint any of peps staff who have been with him since barceIona b days?

carlito'sway

Established Member
rubbish
there's way more guarantees with a proven manager than a cone coIIector
emery wasn't proven at arsenaI IeveI, he faiIed to break top 4 @ seviIIa which has actuaIIy done better since he Ieft, & extreme circumstance at PSG is too extreme to draw concIusiveIy, he's a mid tabIe manager who had some cup success in a cup before every1 eIse started to take that cup serious, comparissons to anceIotti or aIIegri are a joke

if arteta wasn't a former wenger pIayer this wouIdn't even be a conversation
why aren't u caIIing for us to appoint any of peps staff who have been with him since barceIona b days?

Ok...Arteta is a cone collector......Stupidity has no bounds. :rolleyes:

Tony's nose

Bruh we don’t even have a manager yet and we’re closer to the scrap at the bottom than the leaders at the top of the league.

Also, what makes things even worse is that Mourinho was available and would have been open to managing us. It’s no surprise now that Sp**s want Koulibaly in January while we’re scrapping around to find a second rate manager.

Lovely stuff.
We have made a loss getting in Maureen and that ilk is a pipe dream

ChefMan21

Therefore all INexperienced managers are the same ?

Your argument works both ways.. In the end it's always a matter of if you've got it and you are indeed as special as people say (Wenger, Pep, etc..), you're ready imo.

I think for the most part people are now against Arteta due to the path that led us there. If the board would not leave the impression of being absolutely clueless, many people would be more confident in Arteta.
I've said this before - surround candidates like Vieira with the right people and things are more likely to be okay. Arteta appears to be seen as some sort of unicorn though, which is just setting up the club, players and fans for disappointment. I don't believe in miracles - I believe in graft and hard work.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I remember being in priamary school in the mid 90's and us having a dead **** couple years. Then Wenger came.

At least this is giving some nostalgia to when I used to play football over highbury fields on saturday mornings and loved Serie A becuase of of GOLAZZZIIIOOOOOO on chanel 4. Arsenal are **** again and Juventus and Milan are good.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Worrying that people still believe that last summer transfer window was a success. :rofl:

You could argue not one of our signings has made any sort of positive impact bar Martinelli. We needed an LW, didn't get one, we needed something to replace Ramsey and upgrade on Xhaka, Ceballos is what we got. We needed a top CB and we got Luiz and a kid who's playing across the channel and can't even contribute this season. While Pepe..... the less said the better.

It's the same with the summer of 2018, people were acting like I was insane for not being thrilled at that window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom