Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deki

Deki Active Member

Pundits, fans, Troy Deeney's, ex-players etc etc etc...

2. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

I don't think we did ANYTHING that's not common amongst all clubs, the only problem was that we did it too late which is a totally different matter.

American_Gooner likes this.
  3. Leeroy1979

Leeroy1979 Well-Known Member

Ancelotti has won titles in Spain Italy France Germany and here in England. Given where we are at the moment him coming in for this season and next is a little xmas miracle in my eyes. We aren't in the cl it will take another miracle for us to do it this season. If ancelotti can get us back there we will have our pick of young trendsetting managers

4. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I could see club wanting him to come in and sort the mess a bit, use experience to set up this team and mentor Freddie for a year and a half before switching clubs again, hopefully leaving us in good state.

goonergaz likes this.
  5. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

With the state we are in I don't think we can be turning our noses up at Ancelotti.

6. GoodEbening

GoodEbening To Everyone Except Arteta

Three times Champions League winner vs overhyped scrub who has zero experience and done **** all. Tough choice.

7. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Ancelotti has been on the brink of the sack for what? Maybe a few weeks now?

Wouldn't surprise me if the board were waiting and this whole list of 12 candidates and interview process was a load of rubbish. What happens if Carlo turned things at Napoli around? Freddie stayed and got backroom staff in and we wait till summer.

Just a theory.

8. SingmeasongSong

AM loves theories, go on.

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

10. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

sounds as if the Ancelotti now followed by Freddie could be a plan

krackpot, Riou and American_Gooner like this.
  11. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Ancelotti is a lovely man and a historically great coach, but I don’t think he’s got it in him to transform an also-ran club into contenders.

12. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Yeah. Fans were ****ting on Marcelino because he's a EL manager according to them.
    But they also don't want one of the most successful manager in the history of the CL.

:lol:

254Giant likes this.
  13. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Imagine quoting TuttoMercatoWeb

NieThePiet, El Duderino and say yes like this.
  14. SingmeasongSong

Probably best short time impact for around 6-12 months then below the performance curve of a quality choice 'new-age' coach.

His elite man-management won't help forever without a long term vision for the club as a whole which I don't see under Ancelotti anymore these days.

Can even determine the exact point in time where I lost my trust in Ancelotti for being one of the best coaches around - he, like Kovac at Bayern, was unable to put his own mark on the team. Pretty much no identity, just half-baked bits of Guardiola and Heynckes.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    krackpot likes this.
  15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

They called Torreira to Arsenal first tbf.

16. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Been jamming all morning, with a spring in my step.

17. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Ancelotti coming in would be interesting for Özil :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

18. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

He is certainly a class act, one of the few who could rival Wenger in that regard. Share your concerns though but if we are to get a manager mid season he is probably as good as we can expect.

19. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Ancelotti is a great Manager no doubt, he could stabilise us this season but at the end of next season we'll be back to square one.

We should bring in someone with a 3+year plan and Vision, if that means getting a stop-gap until summer I think it's worth it.

20. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Carlo will be fine for a season or two. We won't be contending for a while so in the mean time I'd rather give it to someone who actually knows what he's doing than an iPad merchant or a random club ''legend'' with little to no experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.