• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So we wasted 3 weeks since Emery left, just to appoint a candidate that was available from the start, and we already knew very well?

If we waited 3 weeks to negociate with Pochettino, or wait for a top coach to become available, then fine, so be it.

But to waste 3 weeks just to hire Arteta, it just feels bad and poor planing. I don't think it was their first choice. It looks like more of a panic move.
Or perhaps everything is done but City said not until weve played Arsenal? He would be coming in with heaps of inside information. City whilst not standing in his way would be justified in protecting their own interests and it's not an unreasonable stipulation.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

In All Or Nothing, I remember Arteta telling Pep about how he told Sterling to go to the ball in the box instead of just waiting for it to come to him.

Expecting a Pepe madness in the second half of the season.

'He's the highest rated assistant coach in the world at the moment. He was offered an assistant coach role before even retiring by 2 of the greatest managers going at the moment in Pep & Poch. The club tried to keep him with us as well. He's a former captain of ours & a player I personally loved.

He's been touted as Peps replacement at city whenever he decides to leave & was publically backed for the city job a few months back by Kompany. Why? At City he became Peps right hand man almost immediately. He runs daily trainings & runs 1 to 1 sessions with players after regular training which have been highly successful due in no small part to his excellent communication skills. Benefactors of these 1 to 1 sessions include: Sterling who he worked on finishing & first touch with, Sane who he's done the same with. When asked about learning from Pep, Same brought up Arteta & said he is who has taught him the most at city. Delph, who he retrained at LB & now Rodri who he is helping to adapt to the pace of the league.

Pep has credited his knowledge of the league as vital, saying that he relied on Artetas knowledge of upcoming opponents as he simply didn't know the teams or players as well as him. He relied on this heavily in the case of Arsenal actually & in Artetas first season as a coach he was given control of the team in the match day & week leading up to the Arsenal game in December. This was the first time Sterling was ever used as a striker & he scored that day.'

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

TBH I'm fully behind Arteta all the names out there are not going to take us anywhere, he sure as hell has to have learned from Guardiola.

Back him, give him time, give him the players he wants. **** me if you look at how City progress up the pitch, third runners, movement without the ball that's what I want to see, that's what Arsène had.

#WelcomeHomeArteta
If Arteta is a sponge he will be great. Schooled in Barcelona style football from a young age learnt a defensive style of game from Walter Smith and David Moyes. Played offensive under Wenger and done his apprenticeship under Pep.

That is a depth of knowledge and ideas he has been subjected to. If he has absorbed a fraction of it he will be on course to being a successful manager.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
'He's the highest rated assistant coach in the world at the moment. He was offered an assistant coach role before even retiring by 2 of the greatest managers going at the moment in Pep & Poch. The club tried to keep him with us as well. He's a former captain of ours & a player I personally loved.

He's been touted as Peps replacement at city whenever he decides to leave & was publically backed for the city job a few months back by Kompany. Why? At City he became Peps right hand man almost immediately. He runs daily trainings & runs 1 to 1 sessions with players after regular training which have been highly successful due in no small part to his excellent communication skills. Benefactors of these 1 to 1 sessions include: Sterling who he worked on finishing & first touch with, Sane who he's done the same with. When asked about learning from Pep, Same brought up Arteta & said he is who has taught him the most at city. Delph, who he retrained at LB & now Rodri who he is helping to adapt to the pace of the league.

Pep has credited his knowledge of the league as vital, saying that he relied on Artetas knowledge of upcoming opponents as he simply didn't know the teams or players as well as him. He relied on this heavily in the case of Arsenal actually & in Artetas first season as a coach he was given control of the team in the match day & week leading up to the Arsenal game in December. This was the first time Sterling was ever used as a striker & he scored that day.'

Ew Reddit.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think Freddie isn't ready and he can get "ruined". Arteta has learned from a great head coach and has something in him too.

Quite a big risk, because Arteta has not handled any hard times either I think. And those are here for him at this point.

But any choice will be a risk and Arteta has big upside if it works. Now we just need to back him up fully for two seasons if he doesn't fail badly.

Same as with Emery. No sense in booing and kicking him after this season unless he gets relegated or similar. There is a build job going on still, the defence and midfield is a mess without enough quality and injuries again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom