• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So, what now? I don’t think anything should, or will, happen before the end of the season. My gut feeling, not simply based on last night or Arsène’s reaction to it, is that he will call time on things this summer – and I think that’s the right move for all concerned. Whether this expedites *that* conversation with the board I don’t know, but leaving that aside, if Arsenal Football Club are not preparing in any way for that eventuality then we’re in bigger trouble than people think.

As I’ve written about countless times before, there’s a lot more to the changing of the guard at Arsenal than one man in, one man out. You don’t replace Arsène Wenger with another Arsène Wenger. The structures at the club at this moment in time are a long way from what’s required to bring in a modern day head-coach. The almost total dearth of football and Arsenal knowledge on the board that has to be addressed, because if it’s not the decision making will be a long way from as informed as it should be for something like this to happen.

Make no mistake, it’s seismic. It might get worse before it gets better, but you’d be hard pressed to make the point that it’s going to get better under the manager as it stands. But we’re in this weird kind of limbo right now where the board would like nothing more than for him to sign a two year deal, and until the man himself makes the decision nothing is going to happen.

It’s a sad time, and while I think change is necessary and inevitable, I cannot plumb the depths and abuse him the way others do. That’s their choice, I’ll make mine. By all means criticise, Arsène Wenger is long enough in the game to understand that’s part and parcel of the job, but he doesn’t deserve the vitriol and viciousness aimed at him from some quarters.

To me he’s a man who lives for football and for Arsenal, if you don’t think he suffers when we lose, or doesn’t work as hard as possible to win games and win things, then you don’t know him at all. The issue is that the hard work is no longer producing the performances and results to meet the standards that he himself went a long way to setting at this club. Last night’s second half capitulation was further evidence of that, and there’s little left now other than to let the contract run out in June and start making plans for what comes next.

I hope it doesn’t descend into further acrimony. Suggestions that he announce it soon and thus get people behind him for the final few months do make some sense but don’t seem very Arsène Wenger or very Arsenal for that matter. But given the sheer scale of the changes required if and when he does go, the sooner there’s some clarity the better.

Whatever happens, it looks like it’s going to be a tumultuous, emotional and interesting few months in the life of Arsenal Football Club.

http://arseblog.com/2017/02/bayern-munich-5-1-arsenal-sad-embarrassing/
Brilliant. Sums it up.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm really struggling to imagine an Arsenal FC job interview for a potential new manager - there are no football-people on the Board, so how would such an interview go?

It's absolutely sad if I'm honest.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm really struggling to imagine an Arsenal FC job interview for a potential new manager - there are no football-people on the Board, so how would such an interview go?

It's a real problem - we've got zero football people on the Board. Big problem with the club.

Anyway, whatever happens at least it will be DIFFERENT!!!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

They'll put every candidate side by side and have a Keepie Uppie contest. 3, 2, 1 GO!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Well, it's either that or they're going to ask Allegri if he can work the spreadsheet that points to how much money Kroenke will want in the cash reserves by season's end.

OSBK

Established Member
End of the season then mr wenger can go manage france.

Forget howe as we cannot risk the manager choice like man utd did.

It has to simeone or allegri or another top coach but most important a huge personality.

It kills me to say this but we need a mourihno mentality at the club. We need the invincibles mentality back at arsenal. We need the public hating us and yet adoring our football. We need our rivals to be scared when they play the arsenal.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Maybe if Wenger does leave,some of the players who've been complaining about a lack of management opportunities with us might come in. Wenger has been "every man" to us and not just a manager and whilst a change is probably in order, it will take more than one man to replace what he does. The board are clueless and American owners even more so it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom