• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Arteta is going to interview fantastically well, as he says all the right things

Allegri will have to interview via an interpreter, I suspect, which will not go down too well

IslingtonBornandbred

Just a reminder. MLS is a nothing league. Retirement home.

Yeah, but you shouldn't judge a guy like Vieira in terms of terms of the quality of the league. As far as we know, City could think he's a replacement for Pep or something and they've sent him there to develop and for the experience. MLS has everything Vieira would need in terms of gaining experience and developing as a coach. For me, it doesn't matter if it's New York City or mid table La Liga club like Bilbao. Still would be applying the same principles and formulating his ideas.

Not to say I think Vieira should be the first, second or third choice.

IslingtonBornandbred

Arteta is going to interview fantastically well, as he says all the right things

Allegri will have to interview via an interpreter, I suspect, which will not go down too well

I seriously doubt they are going to have interviews like this per say.

Allegri might be a discussion more than an interview but usually in terms of football appointments the decision has been made without any interviews.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Really wish the press would abide by the saying "If you don't have something useful to say, don't say anything". That article could have been written a week ago, two weeks ago or three weeks ago. It's saying literally nothing new. None of these journalists actually know what is going on, so just shut up and write about something else till you do know something.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Fks

I can live with Arteta, even if it’s disappointing, but please no Vieira.

Really seems it’s Allegri or bust

It would be the complete opposite for me. At least Vieira has a couple of years of managerial experience and quite a bit more coaching experience. Plus, he's far enough removed from his days at Arsenal that he won't step into a job where he's coaching as many as 10 of his former teammates from just a couple of years ago.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

One of the advantages of appointing an inexperienced boss is it would be significantly cheaper than employing a high-profile manager, who would also be keen on bringing in a number of his own coaching staff.

:lol::lol::lol:

Not liking where this is going , apparently they want a coach that does what they want and everyone wants to keep their cushy jobs .

ClubLevel

The more I think about it, the more I can see Arteta getting it. Will come cheap. Will fit right into our new structure, probably means we do not need to pay off the coaching staff and if he brings his boots thats one less midfielder we need to sign this summer.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just a reminder. MLS is a nothing league. Retirement home.

The average age of MLS is actually a full year younger than the average age of the Premier League. It's full of good young players (many from South America). There are only a handful of the old guys, but people get the wrong idea because when Ibrahimovic goes there it gets the publicity. They don't hear about it when MLS brings in somebody such as Ezequiel Barco, the 18-year-old Argentina U-20 star who scored the goal that gave Independiente the Copa Sudamericana trophy last summer. Obviously it's not near the quality of the Premier League, but it's not supposed to be. But calling it a retirement home is a complete misnomer.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not liking where this is going , apparently they want a coach that does what they want and everyone wants to keep their cushy jobs .

Thankfully, I don't trust any of these guys to actually know anything. Hopefully if this is being leaked rather than just passed around they're trying to make whoever they hire if they can't get Allegri look good by comparison to settling for Arteta.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Even though they’re at similar levels and I’m absoluteky against either appointment, I’m far more open to Vieira getting the job than Arteta.

No idea why though.

Not keen on either of them but I want Vieira as far away from this club as possible. As I said before Vieira was a amazing player but in his book came across as thick as Merson, with the ego of Jose and didn't come across like he truly loved the club. Arteta on the other comes across as very knowledgeable and that he truly cares about the club.

IslingtonBornandbred

Not keen on either of them but I want Vieira as far away from this club as possible. As I said before Vieira was a amazing player but in his book came across as thick as Merson, with the ego of Jose and didn't come across like he truly loved the club. Arteta on the other comes across as very knowledgeable and that he truly cares about the club.

You've said this loads of times now. Substantiate what you mean by "thick as Merson" and "ego of Jose", especially "thick as Merson".

I've seen the word intelligent used a number of times when describing Vieira especially in a football sense. Why do you keep saying he came across as thick in his book?

"Of all the players with whom I shared a dressing room during my career, Patrick seemed the best-suited for management. He had so many special qualities as a person. He held everyone’s respect, was very intelligent and very focused. While Vieira was a catalyst for our success on the pitch, he was an equally important figure off it. He was a force for good in the dressing room, pulling everyone together."

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Gladiator is amazing, I’m my top 10 films

Pulp fiction is a work of genius though, and I’m not even a Tarinto fan, the only other film he made that I liked is inglorious bastards

I prefer Pulp Fiction as well. But I'm not a huge Gladiator fan. It's good, but nothing special to me. But then my favorite films the year Gladiator came out were Wonder Boys and High Fidelity. So it's probably just a matter of personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom