• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobotka

Even though they’re at similar levels and I’m absoluteky against either appointment, I’m far more open to Vieira getting the job than Arteta.

No idea why though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Even though they’re at similar levels and I’m absoluteky against either appointment, I’m far more open to Vieira getting the job than Arteta.

No idea why though.
Its a disservice to Vieria to compare the two.

Vieira had a very similar path to Zidane by working a number of coaching, youth management & administration roles at City even alongside Marwood for a time. He then went into club management & had a good first season reaching playoffs.

Arteta has really done **** all. This is not the same foundation Pep, Zidane, Vieria, Gerrard etc had as no management role.

Sobotka

No idea why though.
Actually, I’ve just remembered I have a tenner on Vieira getting job lol.

Feel free to ignore this post :lol:

Longy

Has anyone considered it might be Allegri AND Arteta as head coach ?

Allegro in, Arteta in as #2 with a view to top position later ?

Stannis

Has anyone considered it might be Allegri AND Arteta as head coach ?

Allegro in, Arteta in as #2 with a view to top position later ?

Would be good but imagine if it’s Allegri he will bring his own staff, and that he would retain Steve Bould

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Vieira's a top boy. I'd take him over Arteta any day. I loved him as a player, man and lover and that will never change. I came across this article from 2002 a while ago. Absolutely ripped into the club. Doesn't change anything but just thought I'd share it because I'd never seen it before.

Vieira's Highbury feud turns ugly

Arsenal were meeting today to decide their response to Patrick Vieira's extraordinary attack on the club's board, his team-mates and Arséne Wenger's summer signings.
The Frenchman is demanding to leave Highbury but the board are believed to be ready for a legal battle with Vieira to hold him to his contract, which does not expire until 2004. The club know that, in World Cup Finals year, the one good card they have to play is the threat of banishing Vieira to the sidelines.

The 25-year-old's reported comments today inflamed an already tense stand-off. He said: "I need to leave because I want to win more trophies and I just cannot see that happening at Arsenal. Certainly not over the next few years, anyway. Comparing Arsenal to the big clubs in Europe this season is going to be quite ridiculous.

"I do not honestly see Arsenal finishing in the top five in the league - and you can forget the Champions League."

Arsenal wished to keep their star player happy by launching a summer spending spree but Vieira dismissed the signings of Francis Jeffers, Giovanni van Bronckhorst and probably Richard Wright.

"When I told Arséne Wenger I was leaving, he said to me, 'I have £25million to spend on a few players'. My answer was, 'Obviously, Mr Wenger, you are not shopping in Harrods. That will only buy you one good player.' Now I have been proved right. Arséne Wenger has signed two hopeful players who haven't proved themselves in the Premiership yet. One of them is a boy of 20.

"You can't compete with the best clubs in Europe by making these kind of signings. Arséne Wenger is an ambitious manager and he knows deep in his heart that he needs five world-class players to compete among the best in Europe.

"With £25million in the kitty, Arsenal is not a great European club. With that budget they won't even be among the top 20 clubs in Europe."

Fellow Frenchmen Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, Sylvain Wiltord and Gilles Grimandi have urged Vieira to remain at Highbury, but the midfielder criticised his team-mates, saying: "I have given 100 per cent to Arsenal over the last five years. They have only been there for a year or so. They have won nothing with Arsenal. They should stay and try to win things for the club before they open their mouths. My message to these players is that they have their lives and I have mine.

Yeah I remember this, it was proven to be not true and he rang Wenger as soon as he found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom