• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I thought his wage is around 70-80k a week? About the going rate for a senior squad member nowadays I guess.

I wouldn't mind seeing what he's capable of this season provided he's happy with being backup.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You’re notorious for writing players off on little information so it gives me a lot of confidence that Lucas will have a good season with us. :cool:

Proven right most of the time though, and it's rarely ever off little information. I do thorough research, I barely get time to sleep.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He's on 40-50k per week. Hardly a heavy wage when you consider AMN is getting pretty much the same and he's been with the senior squad for just a year.

Not a heavy wage for Arsenal, but an enormous wage for the sorts of clubs who would be interested in buying him. He was only making £16,500 a week at Deportivo la Coruna when Arsenal more than doubled his wages (outbidding Everton, who were offering him £33,000). That's why Deportivo could only afford a loan last season. The sorts of clubs to whom that wage is nothing are clubs who wouldn't likely be interested.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Not a heavy wage for Arsenal, but an enormous wage for the sorts of clubs who would be interested in buying him. He was only making £16,500 a week at Deportivo la Coruna when Arsenal more than doubled his wages (outbidding Everton, who were offering him £33,000). That's why Deportivo could only afford a loan last season. The sorts of clubs to whom that wage is nothing are clubs who wouldn't likely be interested.
I wasn't even referring to other clubs and their wage bill. I was simply stating that he's on little money here and it makes sense to keep him around as he's a useful player who can play in 3 positions, is ambidextrous and already knows the team.
For those sort of traits and his salary, you'll hardly find a better option coming from the bench.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Lucas would be good to have for cup games and when we are playing 3 times in a week. He's far more reliable than Welbeck but I wouldn't want him to hinder Nketiah getting game time. As for sending him on loan, I'd rather sell or keep, I don't like loans for senior players.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The pecking order in attack looks like this imo Aubameyang, Özil, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Welbeck, Nketiah, Nelson, Perez (this is how I see the club wanting to prioritise playing time, not who’s the better player). No point keeping Perez no matter what although ideally you’d want a sale. Selling him and Welbeck and buying another winger should be the last aim of this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom