• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyDukey

I think we may live to regret this. For the sake of 10m he could be a useful squad player. Don't believe we got to see the best of him by a long shot. I'd rather let Welbz go and keep Perez - I like Welbz but we know his ability and limitations whereas Perez is still a bit of an unknown quantity. He would have a huge point to prove if we kept him and I think for 10m that's a gamble I'd rather we took.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Who this guy and why they paying 50M for him?

Uruguayan striker. Played for them in the World Cup. Scored 17 goals in his first season at Celta Vigo. Can't say why they're paying €50 million for him, but strikers bring crazy money these days. Only 21. Great in the air. Lots of potential.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Uruguayan striker. Played for them in the World Cup. Scored 17 goals in his first season at Celta Vigo. Can't say why they're paying €50 million for him, but strikers bring crazy money these days. Only 21. Great in the air. Lots of potential.
still seem alot of money for me i guess 50M his release clause?

avalonhse

I think we may live to regret this. For the sake of 10m he could be a useful squad player. Don't believe we got to see the best of him by a long shot. I'd rather let Welbz go and keep Perez - I like Welbz but we know his ability and limitations whereas Perez is still a bit of an unknown quantity. He would have a huge point to prove if we kept him and I think for 10m that's a gamble I'd rather we took.

Wellbeck is happy as a backup while Perez doesn't. He is a weaker version of Laca so we dont need him. Wellbeck offers difference.

And the most important is no one wants Wellbeck, so why you need to keep both? Dont you want Nelson/Rowe/Imobi have more game time?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
still seem alot of money for me i guess 50M his release clause?

Just did a bit of checking and that is the case. West Ham bid €30 million, but it was rejected. Certainly a gamble, but I guess it could be a bargain if it pays off. He's a big, physical striker -- a true number 9 -- so the Premier League could suit him.

SpookyDukey

Wellbeck is happy as a backup while Perez doesn't. He is a weaker version of Laca so we dont need him. Wellbeck offers difference.

And the most important is no one wants Wellbeck, so why you need to keep both? Dont you want Nelson/Rowe/Imobi have more game time?

Sorry I must have not been on the conference call where Perez told you directly he wasn't happy to be used in a squad rotation and when Welbeck said he was happy to be a sub all his life. o_O:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Of course we all want Nelson, Rowe & Iwobi to get game time, but sometimes experience is vital & for 10m I think it's a safer bet to keep him around (just my opinion).

Reactions: jvw

avalonhse

Sorry I must have not been on the conference call where Perez told you directly he wasn't happy to be used in a squad rotation and when Welbeck said he was happy to be a sub all his life. o_O:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Of course we all want Nelson, Rowe & Iwobi to get game time, but sometimes experience is vital & for 10m I think it's a safer bet to keep him around (just my opinion).

Simply put, he publicly said he is unhappy and wants to leave, that reason is enough.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...e-leave-arsenal-feeling-cheated-ugly-getsure/
This is what he said:
“I want to leave, to play and be happy,” Perez was said to have told Law. “Last year I barely had any opportunities and when I had them I took advantage of them. And this season is clearly going to be more of the same. I want to fight to go to the national team. I want to play football, but for that I have to leave."

And for this season, with Wellbeck stays cause no one is interested, Auba, Campell, Laca and Arsenal youngsters, Perez will not have as much game time as he wants.

I think many people here only think in the club perspective like saying 10M is enough and forget the will of players. If a player wants to have good wages and become a backup in Arsenal, that's fine. But many others love to play more like Giroud and Perez, then we should not keep them and keep their unhappiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom