• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Imagine if another club had the player's family and friends and the selling club's president confirm the signing, not to mention reliable journalists like Di Marzio and Fabrizio Romano, and their fans were still worried.

ArsenalFanTV and certain elements of the media have caused a lot of Arsenal fans to develop an inferiority complex about the club over the past several seasons. You'd think Arsenal was relegation fodder.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
His dad wanted him to go to Napoli? Does he not have any ambition for his son, ffs?
If we were still managed by Wenger I would have understood the reasoning, but now that we have someone new to steer the ship there's no reason to go there.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
His dad wanted him to go to Napoli? Does he not have any ambition for his son, ffs?
If we were still managed by Wenger I would have understood the reasoning, but now that we have someone new to steer the ship there's no reason to go there.

Said it before but I think players/people from South American view Serie A differently to the UK, a lot of huge names have and still continue to pass through there, a lot of history connecting the league to South America.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Said it before but I think players/people from South American view Serie A differently to the UK, a lot of huge names have and still continue to pass through there, a lot of history connecting the league to South America.
That's true. A lot of south american players seem to fare well in Serie A, where they learn how to be tactically disciplined and the italians keep buying them because they know that after a few years some big team comes knocking on the door and offer a hefty profit to their investment.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Italy, Spain and Portugal are less of a culture shock for young South American players. That's why even the ones who end up in England almost invariably start out in one of the other leagues. Argentines and Uruguayans are particularly attracted to Serie A because there is so much Italian influence in their own cultures, stemming from Italian immigrants going there in the 19th and early 20th centuries. There are about 24 million Argentines of Italian descent and about 40 percent of Uruguay's population is of Italian heritage (Italo-Uruguayos).

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

tbf if I was his Dad I'd also be thinking of the climate and it would be purely for selfish reasons :lol:

Song Billong

ArsenalFanTV and certain elements of the media have caused a lot of Arsenal fans to develop an inferiority complex about the club over the past several seasons. You'd think Arsenal was relegation fodder.

No, our constant poor performances, embarrassing defeats, transfer cockups and losing our biggest names to the likes of City, Barcelona and United repeatedly have reinforced this. The media and in particular AFTV have nothing to do with it, we see it with our own eyes. Hopefully those days are behind us.

Kanonier

I’m not convinced that Lucas Torreira is a good fit for us. We have always been weak in the middle with highly talented yet short technical players working our midfield and now our solution to this is adding a defensive midfielder that is 1.68m tall? He’s even shorter than Messi and no, he’s not built like N’Golo Kante. I’d rather we go after a more physical DM like William Carvahlo (1.90m) or Steve N’Zonzi (1.96m). The EPL is the most physical league in the world and we desperately need more grit in our midfield. I’ve watched Lucas closely during the World Cup with Uruguay and his games with Sampdoria, don’t see anything outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom