• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Glad he's gone, but that is an awful fee for a Uruguay international who's just had a great season in Italy by all accounts.

Complete cluster f**k all round, this one. Sven for bringing him here, Torreira for being a poisonous little weasel & Edu getting mugged off by proper negotiators in the Turkish Bazaar 🤦
Agree. Really awful situation, glad it's over.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good stuff.

The Mavrapanos, Auba and Guendouzi fiascos are on Edu and Arteta.

The others were more “experienced” players you probably weren’t getting much back for anyway.

Torreira is the only one out of all of them which you can say was a gigantic mistake.

Halcyon Daze

The grey skies terrify him. To be fair I can see why it’d depress you if you’re not used to it. October > March is grim isn’t it. :lol:
There’s a Uruguayan Steak House on Essex Road, can walk there from the stadium. If he’s missing the sun, there’s a tanning salon nearby too. He’s just a ponce basically.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Just get rid of this dude and bring in Tielemans already.

We’ll always have that goal against Spuds and…well, that’s pretty much it in hindsight, save for a ****load of unfounded optimism.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Constantly getting no money in transfers like this, makes that 7 million feel like 70 million...which isn't a good thing, tbh :lol:

Hopefully this is the last window this happens to us, and we learn how to actually sell players properly again...aka, no freezing them out Mikel and no admitting you are happy to pay off their last year again Edu.
A lot of our players will have resale value in the PL over the next few years. Early to mid twenties, homegrown, good standard. Would expect a few big sales going forward.

BIoodBrother

14 for Leno and Torreira each would have been fair. 14 for both together it is then.
What did Fiorentina bid when they refused their option at 12mil?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Turkish clubs are broke, it'd be pretty surprising for Galatasaray to buy him outright instead of trying a loan deal or something.

That being said, continuing to spend despite being broke to save the day and jeopardize the future is the Turkish way of doing things in football, so it could happen.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Just got a notification that his plane made an u-turn, because they told him Instanbul isn't in Italy.😕

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I'm glad he cannot get back to Italy :lol: :lol: He would certainly suffer in Turkey bc of language barrier

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He ruined his own career pal. He's gonna get ****ed out there in Turkey.

He was a TOP prospect in Italy and a very good player, just a terrible move for him on and off the pitch. I think he’d have done well if he stayed in Italy, he’d probably be playing for Roma or Napoli by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom