• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lukas Podolski

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Enoch

I think Bild is the most reliable source in Germany and one of the most reliable source in all of Europe and they announced it before that the deal was done. I just hope the announcement is right at seasons end and not in the middle of July or something.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Enoch said:
I think Bild is the most reliable source in Germany and one of the most reliable source in all of Europe and they announced it before that the deal was done. I just hope the announcement is right at seasons end and not in the middle of July or something.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

kenkbc2

If anything, the 'mental strength' meter of this team is going to hit the roof with the likes of Lukas, TV, Kos, Mert, Arteta, Sagna, Song & RVP. Maybe even Chesney deserves to be in that group of players as well.

But most of us will probably agree that Lukas will bring much more than that to the party..

Floating

Established Member
kenkbc2 said:
If anything, the 'mental strength' meter of this team is going to hit the roof with the likes of Lukas, TV, Kos, Mert, Arteta, Sagna, Song & RVP. Maybe even Chesney deserves to be in that group of players as well.

But most of us will probably agree that Lukas will bring much more than that to the party..

Does Podolski really have 'mental strength'? Just because he's German? I thought he's been labelled as a hot-head who likes being a big fish in a small pond.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Wouldn't put him into the same category with the likes of Verms, Kos, Szczesny, etc.

He doesn't belong there, he's someone who's not really known for taking responsibility.

Vela

Established Member
Isn't Podolski a very confident player and a big character within the squads he has been at?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
redwhiteAustrian said:
Wouldn't put him into the same category with the likes of Verms, Kos, Szczesny, etc.

He doesn't belong there, he's someone who's not really known for taking responsibility.

He's definitely taking responsibility at Koln and he's very passionate about his football much like Verms.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Vela said:
Isn't Podolski a very confident player and a big character within the squads he has been at?

He's well known for being a massive flop in Bayern and his first season in Koln. He's the type of player that will sulk, moan and be utter crap the moment his manager doesn't show confidence in him and he gets dropped from the first team. Of course Wenger will show confidence in him, but if he doesn't work out do you seriously want a Denilson MKIII in our team?

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AnthonyG said:
So you're against this signing? And who was Denilson MKII?

Ant, a bit off topic but a serious question,
Denilson MKII means an upgrade of Denilson, like Spitfire is upgraded to Spitfire MKII

Why does people mention Denilson MKII like some kind of derogatory term? Isn't supposed to be a compliment

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Beksl said:
redwhiteAustrian said:

He's definitely taking responsibility at Koln and he's very passionate about his football much like Verms.

Nah, I don't think so.
If that was the case, he wouldn't have started some sort of boardroom-fight with his demands when it comes to Cologne's next manager of sports.

He is passionate about his club (hence why he did the above mentioned) but the single fact that he's been their skipper and been their most important player this season, doesn't automatically mean he's taking over responsibility.

Podolski is still a hothead despite his duties and standing on the pitch, and when you see him playing for the german team, he's not really someone who stands up and the counted if the going gets tough.
He's not like that.

scytheavatar

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
So you're against this signing? And who was Denilson MKII?

I don't know what to think of the Podolski signing really, at the moment I am feeling about him the same way I feel about Gervinho last season, if he's another one of the signings then yeah he isn't a bad player to add to our team, but if he's the biggest signing of next season then we are screwed. I think he still has a lot to prove, he has been pretty awful the seasons before this season and there are still lots of question marks over his 'mental strength' and whether he chokes when put in a bigger pond. In short he just reminds me way too much of Hleb and Nasri, and I am afraid he's going to be another player whom we won't win trophies with in our squad.

As for Denilson MKII I think it should be quite obvious whom I am talking about.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
if he could run with the ball as well as nasri or hleb, we'd get 15+ goals easily from him. I'm just not convinced theo and podolski on the wings will cut it if we want to have the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom