• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Make or Break February

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Finish 4th and you might draw some tricky 3rd placed french or 4th placed german team like monaco or leipzig to try and qualify for the CL.

Agree with your post but this is not true anymore. The Top four teams in the top four associations will all directly qualify for the group stage from next season. So as it stands, Barcelona, Atletico, Valencia and Real Madrid will all directly qualify for next year’s CL group stages.

So now the reward for finishing fourth and winning the EL is essentially the same but it is about the prestige of lifting a European trophy (only the second one in this club’s history) that counts.

Unbeaten in all 5, including winning the cup.

Quote me on March 1.
That would be a dream Feb!

Concede goals too easily to be confident, despite the new signings.
I brought this up in the tactics thread. The amount of times Arsenal concede goals immediately after scoring is worrying. We look miserable for the ten minutes after scoring. If I was Wenger I would park the bus every time Arsenal scored for at least five minutes so that the opponent doesn’t get immediately back into the game.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
^ Winning trophies (League Cup and EL) and having CL football for next season could still mean attracting Quality players and maybe Simeone.

What is in the past is done. A good February can still help in getting out of the mess Arsenal find themselves in.

nicky47

Established Member
Don't want to seem like a downer but I predict a difficult Feb. Our first game in March is City at home as well. I think things are going to get worse before they get better. I pray I'm wrong...

Beating City seems unimaginable, but to do so and win a trophy, don't care how big or small it is, would be amazing. A CL spot I think is long gone now. With Everton, Sp**s and City being our next games I think we'll be miles behind the other come the second week of March.

Personally think we need to go all out in Europa. A chance at getting back into the Champions League, and a trophy. But no Aubameyang is going to hurt us, alot. Such a shame he can't play because Dortmund dropped into the Europa. Some tough teams to beat in this competition, would be nice to get a nice run like Man U did.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
^ Winning trophies (League Cup and EL) and having CL football for next season could still mean attracting Quality players and maybe Simeone.

What is in the past is done. A good February can still help in getting out of the mess Arsenal find themselves in.
Simeone is dedicated to Atleti and if he leaves it will be to Inter. I'm not sure I'd want him anyway tbh. Agree with the rest. We have to treat every game like a final and develop a hunger and winning mentality that improves us.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom