• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Malcom

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
This is very worryng, what we're doing is removing one of the ebst players in the world from the team. We're apaprently replacing him with this guy who looks decent but appears to
* cut inside
* take long range shots
* be a decent passer of the ball
* not be able to dribble past players

every team we play sits deep and narrow against us and it works amazingly well because weve about 20 players that do what malcolm does. It means in every single match lacazette gets man marked by 2 centrebacks and a fullback and wew cant get the ball to him. Malcolm may be a good paleyr but he isnt anything like we need.

What we need someone like mahrez who can be effectiv eon the counter attack or against two banks of four, he regularly walks defenders backwards in to their own box before passing or shooting. This is another opportunistic buy that seems to be more about stats and resellabilit rather than what the team actually needs.

I dont watch french football by any means but look at his matches online, he doesnt look anything special right now. Could be wrong but would prefer someone like Zaha that has at least a few dimensions to his game and knows the league but well turn our nose up at him because hes too expensive.

*sorry for spelling mistake and stream of consciousness, eneded to rant. cant believe were not getting lemar and/or draxler - this is a complete **** show and shows no ambition whatsoever. thought the days of being a selling club were over. Were meant to be the biggest club in london, wtf is this transfer ****

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Were meant to be the biggest club in london, wtf is this transfer ****
I know we like to think this but Chelsea are pretty much ensuring that the football community as a whole (at least the modern/youthful demographic) disagree there. Over a hundred years, I'd agree, we are. But the modern fan seems to gauge this in smaller time frames.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is very worryng, what we're doing is removing one of the ebst players in the world from the team. We're apaprently replacing him with this guy who looks decent but appears to
* cut inside
* take long range shots

every team we play sits deep and narrow against us and it works amazingly well because weve about 20 players that do what malcolm does. It means in every single match lacazette gets man marked by 2 centrebacks and a fullback and wew cant get the ball to him. Malcolm may be a good paleyr but he isnt anything like we need.

What we need someone like mahrez who can be effectiv eon the counter attack or against two banks of four, he regularly walks defenders backwards in to their own box before passing or shooting. This is another opportunistic buy that seems to be more about stats and resellabilit rather than what the team actually needs.

I dont watch french football by any means but look at his matches online, he doesnt look anything special right now. Could be wrong but would prefer someone like Zaha that has at least a few dimensions to his game and knows the league but well turn our nose up at him because hes too expensive.

*sorry for spelling mistake and stream of consciousness, eneded to rant. cant believe were not getting lemar and/or draxler - this is a complete **** show and shows no ambition whatsoever. thought the days of being a selling club were over. Were meant to be the biggest club in london, wtf is this transfer ****

He can dribble past players.

Reactions: BBF

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He has the highest xA (expected assists) of all u-21 players in Europe, higher than Mbappe, Coman, Brandt & Alli. His xA is only just below that of Alexis in fact. He's a very good creator, not just a golazo merchant.

I still think we'd be short of one more attacker though.

Arsenio Venger

* cut inside
* take long range shots

I wouldn't worry too much about fit. When this team is great again, a lot of the players we have won't be here. But Malcom would.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Whats that? I saw one sort of dribble, also involved in cutting inside. Im not saying he cant beat a man 1 on 1 whos playing in a high defence who you cna knock it past. Im more worried about 2v1 and 3v1 situations in compressed defences where players like mahrez shine and we encounter every single time we play. Im trying to get excited but he doesnt look like eh has the skillset that we need to beat what we come up against every single week.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I don't know how you can look at videos of Malcom and not see that he's a good dribbler. Unless your standards are that he has to skip by 3 players into the box every time, which just isn't realistic.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Doesnt seem to do it much tbh, if you've got any extended clips, or match links that showcase Id appreciate it. Im trawling through videos and cant find much
Loads of spectacular clips from his time with Corinthians on YT.

This one away at PSG last year shows his maturity. Just no movement round him but retains the ball & moves the team forward time after time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't know how you can look at videos of Malcom and not see that he's a good dribbler. Unless your standards are that he has to skip by 3 players into the box every time, which just isn't realistic.
Judging by the videos he may just do that in a few years time. Although i hate judging by vids, his explosiveness is quite evident and as a Theo replacement I'd be all for it...... My god I must be optimistic to expect him AND someone else....

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I just want to see him actually dribbling/beating players in his 2 years at bordeaux, which is an inferior league to the premiership. , If theres not 2-3 defenders on any wing forward from the clubs above us they will get in to the box and cause havoc. Im not arguing Im just asaking to see the clips where he dribbles, I keep being told he dribbles but Ive yet to see it. I see him cutting inside a lot to go past people which runs him straight in to the defence, which suits the teams we play perfectly.

Wizzard

We'll see how imminent this one is tonight. If he doesn't appear on Bordeaux teamsheet, he's probably on the way. Only Wenger plays players who are almost out of the Club.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is the picture those tweets are referring to. That’s his agents/owners apparently.

DTZoObYW0AM6TZ_.jpg

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Looks a decent player from the clips.

What I look for in these clips, is two footedness and close control. He seems to prefer the left foot but has great technique. He can be as effective, if not more, than Mahrez is currently.

Good start, but we need more. Nabil Fekir is another player we simply must get.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Loads of spectacular clips from his time with Corinthians on YT.

This one away at PSG last year shows his maturity. Just no movement round him but retains the ball & moves the team forward time after time.

It's against PSG though. It's way easier to expose teams that play attacking football than to knock down a ten man defenses surrounding the box, which is 75% of PL teams.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom