• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
its hard to guess without knowing whos going to be running it this time

Edu could be a wild card as we have no real idea what he looks for in a manager... The only guy at the club right now without the 2018 & 2019 Arteta stench on him. Does he have an ace up his sleeve or wider view than the usual names? Only ever read about Gallardo but was surprised to see him linked with Fenerbahçe a few weeks back... seems more realistic now than when linked to Barce all the time.

if KSE in charge think we will be looking young again chasing that Mcvay appointment.... assuming Nagelsmann gets snapped up soon wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard as the guy ticking alot of boxes.

have a bad feeling Roberto Martínez could resurface after the Euros :no:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The only replacement I'd want is Rodgers. Allegri is the big name that's available but I'm not sure that would lead to what people perceive as a positive change in style.

Do you take a gamble on Eddie Howe. A young progressive coach, patchy transfer record in the PL, but a hugely impressive one prior to that?

Do we look to Germany? The only manager there I want is Nagelsmann who is ear marked for bayern surely

SK___

Hilariously if you met him in person you'd be a giant mess. Doubt you'd call him a dosser then.

The disrespect just because we're on the internet is hilarious, people feel like they can just chuck abuse out there towards players and managers. Just as bad if not worse than abusing them in person. 0 balls.
another stalker who’s in love

SK___

The only replacement I'd want is Rodgers. Allegri is the big name that's available but I'm not sure that would lead to what people perceive as a positive change in style.

Do you take a gamble on Eddie Howe. A young progressive coach, patchy transfer record in the PL, but a hugely impressive one prior to that?

Do we look to Germany? The only manager there I want is Nagelsmann who is ear marked for bayern surely
I like howe but could he be a world beater with support & backing?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I like howe but could he be a world beater with support & backing?
You'll never know until you put him in that position.

Ive had a fairly detailed look at him and a lot of my preconceptions have changed. He has actually recruited a lot of decent players and you can see that track record from their progress through the leagues. Jack Wilshere also speaks very highly of him.

I do like the idea of a young English coach. Him and Graham Potter stand out in my eyes. Some may turn their nose up but I think they've both shown something and have a style of football that some will consider the modern Arsenal way.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Issue with Rodgers is that he’ll be too expensive. But the bigger issue is that he’s benefiting from a great scouting system at Leicester, he won’t have that up here.

And this is key to the discussion I feel.

Rodgers has the experience we need, but it must be supplemented by a proper football direction and scouting system running in the background. Of course we must have the financial muscle to supplement that as well.

Rodgers, Rangnick and get Sven back. If you get in new ownership, that's a bonus.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Antonio Conte. Yes, he will probably win the italian league soon but it seems like he isnt happy in Milano. He is not the most likely name but worth a shot.

Iceman10

Established Member
Antonio Conte. Yes, he will probably win the italian league soon but it seems like he isnt happy in Milano. He is not the most likely name but worth a shot.
Don't think Allegri and Conte are what most here at A-M want on the back of Emery and Arteta. They want to see more progressive football and more cutting edge attacking wise. I'm still into getting basics of defending right first, but this isn't exactly a club that goes out and commits to big spends on players like VVD, Alisson, Maguire, Dias, etc. (instead we put that money on Pepe).

D

Dial Square 1886

Having a good laugh remembering what some on here used to say about Brendan when he was at Liverpool.

He certainly was not considered 'Arsenal level' and not quite sure what he has done in the interim to change that?

Mind you, Arsenal level is about 10 notches lower than back then, so we will see!!

D

Dial Square 1886

Bielsa is a bit of a legend in terms of football philosophy no doubt, but wildly overrated in terms of actual success at winning IMO.

We could have just stuck with Arsène and kept playing nice football with occasional **** ups!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Surprised Gasperini is never mentioned really. Atalanta play great football, very offensive minded, overachieving for a few years now. I've no idea about his level of English granted, but when I look at some of the names there's a lot more substance to Gasperini than some of the names.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
You'll never know until you put him in that position.

Ive had a fairly detailed look at him and a lot of my preconceptions have changed. He has actually recruited a lot of decent players and you can see that track record from their progress through the leagues. Jack Wilshere also speaks very highly of him.

I do like the idea of a young English coach. Him and Graham Potter stand out in my eyes. Some may turn their nose up but I think they've both shown something and have a style of football that some will consider the modern Arsenal way.
must say I'm impressed with how well Bournemouth has coped with their demotion to the Championship, and after losing their long time manager and a fair few of their best players - unlike us post Wenger

it speaks well for Howe's legacy, IMO

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom