• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
With all the signings that we have made, which coach would want to work with them? I don't like the idea of bringing another coach who can only work with specific types and names. It's costly and hard to find what they want, especially in they're into niche types like Arteta and Pep.

ChefMan21

My top 5 in no particular order:

Conte - hard bastard, has proven himself time and time again

Southgate - apart from the Euro 2020 final, which I think he'll have learnt from, has done very well with the England side

Paula Fonseca - like the fact he turned down a role because they wanted him to be more defensive. Convictions

ten Hag - for all the reasons others have said

Gallardo - just feel like we should at least take a punt and ask. Could very well be better than all those mentioned above.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Any of these would/should be one's we should be looking at to come in immediately along with a new DOF: (Campos, Rangnick or Overmars)

Antonio Conte
Erik Ten Hag
Zinedine Zidane
Matthias Jaissle

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I voted Conte but lmao @ him working with this team I can’t see it at all.

It’s more of a Potter team. Or sadly a Martinez team, luckily he has World Cup.

We should have got Benitez.

Joestlaachmkr

I just can’t help, but still be annoyed as hell that we didn’t brought in Tuchel as a replacement for Wenger back in 2018... just imagine how different things could have been today?

Tuchel was my personal fav to eventually succeed AW, and it really sucks to see him at the helm of Chelsea today.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Chris Coleman is available. Seems suitable.

Let's just pray none of the fans call him a prick. Otherwise, he'll go on a long winded rant about him having a wife & 6 kids.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We going to be left with either Edu or Arteta when the axe finally falls, so my hope is that the next manager or DOF is one who is proven and top class.

My choice would be axing Arteta and bringing in a short term excellent manager. First prize would be a longer, proven option like Rodgers right off the bat, but I likely see the club going for a two year option just to tick us over for now and get our relatively massive investment to work.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Southgate - apart from the Euro 2020 final, which I think he'll have learnt from, has done very well with the England side

Paula Fonseca - like the fact he turned down a role because they wanted him to be more defensive. Convictions

Gallardo - just feel like we should at least take a punt and ask. Could very well be better than all those mentioned above.
Southgate and Gallardo are interesting names which not many people on here have mentioned before.

Southgate seems to be universally unpopular on Arsenal Mania for some reason, but he has done a fantastic job with the England team, not just in terms of results, but also building a culture within the squad. He has also previously worked in a transformative role as England Technical Director, reforming our youth development and coaching. Think it would be impossible to get Southgate now ahead of the World Cup, but he's a classy guy and would be a great pick imo. We would have an inside track on England's talent pipeline as well.

Gallardo is a really interesting dark horse pick as well. Seems to have a fantastic record with River Plate although it's a gamble whether he could translate that to the Premier League.

SA Gunner

Fonseca I group with Potter and De Zerbi, with Graham ahead of the other two.

Inspired choices and would definitely be something positive to look forward to. I just dont see it happening with the mess we're in at the club, at his moment.

We need a very experienced, steady hand to help us right now... not someone who will be thrown in the deep end and forced to deliver, against the odds.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Fonseca I group with Potter and De Zerbi, with Graham ahead of the other two.

Inspired choices and would definitely be something positive to look forward to. I just dont see it happening with the mess we're in at the club, at his moment.

We need a very experienced, steady hand to help us right now... not someone who will be thrown in the deep end and forced to deliver, against the odds.

Favre appears the obvious choice, no?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can actually us getting Southgate. Really wouldn’t be shocked.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

You'd need to do what they're doing at Utd, bring in really good assistant coaches who actually know football to help Ole with the tactics and leave him to the man management and PR stuff. Put Southgate in charge of the coaching and we'd be relegated by February.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

One of the very few managers out there, that I would pick Arteta over right now.

Would prefer the "Dream Team" combo, of Martinez and Henry, over this clown.

SA Gunner

Favre appears the obvious choice, no?

To me at least, and I'm sounding like a stuck record now too :lol:

Look, I take on board the fact that Favre is usually good for two seasons, before either moving on or getting the sack. Added to that, his poor run of three games at Dortmund in 2020/21, with the losses to Koln and Stuttart, really disappointed me as I expected him to continue to work his magic. I do think he would have weathered that period had he stayed.

But I do think, all key metrics considered right now (availability, good track record in similar situations to ours right now across leagues, working with youth, working with existing resources, making it to the Champions League) makes him the best option for our club at the moment.

I do not think we are settled enough at the club yet, to go for another project manager or another heavy spender for that matter. We need someone to come in and use our current resources and tick us over until the end of next season. Thereafter we SHOULD have a competent back office in place, and hopefully a squad ready for our next serious manager (Conte, Potter, Rodgers, Rose/Nagelsman, etc).

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom