• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Don't get the Southgate hate at all. I'd say the only two red flags are that he can be a little conservative / defensive and that his record last time in the PL I wasn't great. But he is hugely more experienced now. Switching from international to club management is a big change though, granted.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Southgate seems a bit too close to Arteta, too strict on and off the pitch...want someone a bit more adventurous, want to be an attacking team again.

Also never really forgiven him for how he treated Wilshere when he first got the England job either.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Southgate seems a bit too close to Arteta, too strict on and off the pitch...want someone a bit more adventurous, want to be an attacking team again.

Also never really forgiven him for how he treated Wilshere when he first got the England job either.
Think this is fair. He does seem to have quite a similar footballing philosophy to Arteta. Much better man manager though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think this is fair. He does seem to have quite a similar footballing philosophy to Arteta. Much better man manager though.

Think Southgate would get rolled over by some of our players. He is a good man manager if everything is nice and dandy and everyone is a nice guy, which mostly only happens in international football.

A club falling apart is a far cry from that.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Southgate?

Why not the man who actually won the thing if we going after those managers. Mancini is even more proven both in the league and internationally.

Good call! Sadly, he's not leaving the Azzuri until after the world cup. By that time, we might actually be in the Championship 🤣

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Give it to Wenger till the end of the season while we figure out who should be the next full time manager. Wouldn’t mind another FA Cup tbf.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Give it to Wenger till the end of the season while we figure out who should be the next full time manager. Wouldn’t mind another FA Cup tbf.

This club's supporters don't deserve to be graced by his presence again either near the pitch or in the stands as a fan after the way he was disgracefully harried out the club,

Let the man enjoy his retirement with his FIFA post. He deserves it.

Besides, every moment he's away makes his legacy greater with the same supporters who turned viciously against him forced to watch a crude mockery in Arteta drag this once grand club to lower depths.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Potter + Saliba + Bissouma + Toney.

21/22 we’re going on a title charge.

The league's a lightyear away but Potter, Saliba, Bissouma (and Lamptey if we can get him) plus Toney, would be very good business and perhaps see us challenge for top 6, maybe top 4 if we're lucky.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I prefer Brendan Rodgers to Conte. Either would be a huge step up over Arteta but Rodgers is a very good manager. I think he gets some unfair criticism, maybe he's not the "cool" type, a bit like a younger Roy Hodson. He's shown he can improve teams though, and I feel he's the age needed to get instant respect from the players.

Riou

If we got Rodgers...I wonder how many "these players will let me down" envelops he would need, for this current squad?

Riou

Xhaka alone would need a binder. After him, well... it's simply a sliding scale of idiocy :lol:

I can't believe we didn't tell the Bren-dog that we had an Amazon doc happening this season, no way his ego would not want to be involved in that.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom