• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Managerial Changes

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The Feyenoord manager has been backed into odds on favourite for the Leeds job from 25/1. Doesn't really take much money to shorten the odds in these markets but there might be something in it. It would be weird for him to leave Feyenoord at this point though.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Southampton have just sacked Nathan Jones after 3 months according to the BBC.

Weird appointment really.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The guy was wrong appointment and Southampton wasted 3 months. They still somehow can survive but they look very bad team overall

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That Jones lad was a bizarre character judging by his recent press conferences. Think Southampton's luck may have finally ran out unless they appoint a miracle worker.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You look at Leeds, Wolves and West Ham, all those seem more likely to survive than Southampton. They're going to need to get the next appointment right, and still they could well go down. Losing to ten men Wolves at home...that is relegation vibes all over.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Football management is kinda crazy when you think about it, because the vast majority of reigns end in failure. It seems like managers do well for a while but then eventually get sacked/leave. It's rare a manager leaves having succeeded or leaves them in a good spot.

Hodgson at Palace is rare example these days. Then you've got Potter being poached by Chelsesa. Obviously you got Pep, Klopp and now Arteta to a lesser extent but even Klopp could end up leaving in a bad position.

Succeeding for anytime longer than short-term is rare when you really think about it. You look back, Pochettino's Sp**s greatest manager for half a century if not more ended up being sacked in a bad position. Dyche worked wonders at Burnley still ended up sacked. Howe left Bournemouth after relegation.

It just shows how difficult it is to keep going in management which makes you appreciate managers that were able to do it over a long period of time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I like Nuno a lot, did an amazing job at Wolves but I agree, I don't think he would suit this Leeds squad.
Yes leeds full of offensive minded players can't play 343 nuno style they do need a coach who can improve them defensively tho

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would have sacked Jones out of principal, right after that press conference were he said at Luton he was one of the best managers in Europe.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom