• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manor Solomon

roz

Fake News Merchant

Buzzing. Always rated him since he played for Maccabi Haifa who I watch every week.

Be excited.
Same, I remember watching his progress in Haifa’s u19s with a keen eye. Even then you could see he was going to the next big thing. We’d be lucky to have him imo

Lauren12

Same, I remember watching his progress in Haifa’s u19s with a keen eye. Even then you could see he was going to the next big thing. We’d be lucky to have him imo

For some reason I cant watch the tweet but if you’re talking about Solomon, he never played for Maccabi Haifa.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Unproven, similar age to Martinelli, its absolutely pointless. Only two players I'd take on the left are Grealish and Neto. However the latter is injured for a while now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Unproven, similar age to Martinelli, its absolutely pointless. Only two players I'd take on the left are Grealish and Neto. However the latter is injured for a while now.
He proved himself against Real Madrid. He is less proven than those players ofc but Neto will be over double and Grealish over triple his price.

But yeh we don’t necessarily need a winger, more pressing issues.

Iceman10

Established Member
Just watched the highlights of the two Shakhtar games with Real Madrid this season.

He looked quality.
If we sell both Willian and Reiss this summer then this is a possible transfer I could get on board with. Not pushing a Reiss sale, but that looks like where he is at with Arteta/Edu now. In effect, Manor would be a Reiss replacement without Willian blocking his minutes. Depends on transfer fee.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we sell both Willian and Reiss this summer then this is a possible transfer I could get on board with. Not pushing a Reiss sale, but that looks like where he is at with Arteta/Edu now. In effect, Manor would be a Reiss replacement without Willian blocking his minutes. Depends on transfer fee.
I just don't see the point in buying another wide player. It's a case of use what you have to be honest. Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Pepe. 4 players who can play wide with 1 game a week, rotation won't be difficult. It's more a case of fixing the central midfield area and finding a centre forward who can do everything we need.

I genuinely wouldn't care if we did nothing else in the window apart from fix our midfield and buy a first choice right back. I'd take Kola as a back up left back for a year if it meant we actually had 4 quality central midfielders to build this team around.

Iceman10

Established Member
I just don't see the point in buying another wide player. It's a case of use what you have to be honest. Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Pepe. 4 players who can play wide with 1 game a week, rotation won't be difficult. It's more a case of fixing the central midfield area and finding a centre forward who can do everything we need.

I genuinely wouldn't care if we did nothing else in the window apart from fix our midfield and buy a first choice right back. I'd take Kola as a back up left back for a year if it meant we actually had 4 quality central midfielders to build this team around.
When you say midfield, is that CAM as well as the CM pivot? iirc Manor can play centrally also. so could be depth with ESR, although I do expect us to go after Buendia at least.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When you say midfield, is that CAM as well as the CM pivot? iirc Manor can play centrally also. so could be depth with ESR, although I do expect us to go after Buendia at least.
Unpopular opinion here, but I wouldn't buy a CAM over a CF.

I know people are worried about ESR playing a whole season, but Saka can easily share that position while bringing Pepe on the right also. ESR doesn't play the CAM position in a way that depends on creativity through passing. Everything is done through movement and Saka is very similar. I feel like a few positions unlock the potential of the team.

A truly attacking rb allows Pepe and Saka to move infield. A mobile double pivot. A ball playing rcb to partner a more defensive based Gabriel and lastly a CF. A CF who can drop into the 10 position, drift wide, run behind and also retain possession and dribble, with a little bit of competitiveness in the air negates the need for a 10.

When I watch Ødegaard play 10, I feel like he blocks Saka by sitting in that right half space. When ESR plays there, I feel he is so aware of vacating space and arriving in it that it makes us more fluid.

Martinelli/Auba--Edouard/Balogun---Saka/Pepe

------------------------------ESR

-------Bissouma/Rodriguez-Partey/Berge

Tierney-----‐----------------------------------------------Aarons

-----------------------Gabriel-------Saliba

That is a front 4 that can rotate all over the place, with 2 attacking full backs it would be a nightmare to play against.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I know people are worried about ESR playing a whole season, but Saka can easily share that position while bringing Pepe on the right also. ESR doesn't play the CAM position in a way that depends on creativity through passing. Everything is done through movement and Saka is very similar. I feel like a few positions unlock the potential of the team.

A truly attacking rb allows Pepe and Saka to move infield. A mobile double pivot. A ball playing rcb to partner a more defensive based Gabriel and lastly a CF. A CF who can drop into the 10 position, drift wide, run behind and also retain possession and dribble, with a little bit of competitiveness in the air negates the need for a 10.

When I watch Ødegaard play 10, I feel like he blocks Saka by sitting in that right half space. When ESR plays there, I feel he is so aware of vacating space and arriving in it that it makes us more fluid.

That is a front 4 that can rotate all over the place, with 2 attacking full backs it would be a nightmare to play against.

Looks good, we definitely need to focus on quality back up/rotation which this largely does. I know we wont have European football but we still have to allow for injuries. One of Chambers or Cedric need to go but selling Cedric is near on impossible. We also need back up for Tierney & ESR. I would love to keep Ødegaard on another years loan. I also think we need a top CB to play alongside Saliba, with Gabriel & Mari as back up. Sell Holding & Mavro.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

A CF could certainly be top priority, if it was a RVP kinda one, since Auba and also Laca, though not as much as Auba, are mostly good goalscorers, but terrible footballers overall.

If you get a RVP style forward, you basically get an intelligent AM at the same time. Solves a lot of problems.

Similarly, I see Grealish somewhat like Alexis and he'd make me feel confident of solving the same issues in a different manner.

RB is certainly super important too, but I dont know/see a lot of games these days and not many big RB signings come to mind. Think it would have to be a really good one to change us.

If you get someone like Buendia to partner Partey instead of another uncreative truck, I'd see a lot of issues solved too.

Top RB, creative CM and/or Alexis/Grealish kinda winger + creative all-around striker, that would be the dream list to fix the balance issues we have.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom