• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manuel Neuer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky1985

Established Member
!!RUBBISH SOURCE!!

Arsenal line up German keeper to replace floundering Almunia
Reports in the German media are claiming that Arsène Wenger is preparing a bid for Schalke’s young goalkeeper Maunuel Neuer, Arsenal will face competition from Bayern Munich but one advantage in Arsenal’s favour could be the fact that Neuer lists former Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann as his boyhood idol and there is no one better in Germany than Lehmann to give the young keeper the lowdown on Wenger and Arsenal.

The goalkeepr’s position at The Emirates has been the weakest link for sometime now with neither Manuel Almunia or Łukasz Fabiański deemed good enough to remain at Arsenal for too much longer.

In comparison Neuer is considered one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe and it is common knowledge that Wenger has been looking for a long term replacement for Almunia for some time and Neuer would fit the bill perfectly.

Arsenal’s competition for Neuer’s signature are German giants Bayern Munich who’s chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has made clear that Bayern’s intention to sign the young goalkeeper despite Schalke’s new manager Felix Magath saying ” Neuer will play for Schalke next season”.

If Bayern do make a bid as expected it could play in to Arsenal’s hands, Schalke if forced to sell would rather sell to Arsenal than a domestic rival.

No fee was mentioned but he won’t come cheap, that said at age 24 you would be looking at a goalie that could in theory be the number one at The Emirates for a good ten years and that is exactly what the Arsenal fans and in particular Arsène Wenger have been looking for.

Just hope he doesn't end up at United, who have been linked with him too. Potentially great, great goalkeeper, and already a very good one.

ricky1985

Established Member
:lol:

That's about the only thing they have in common though! My hope is that Schalke refuse to sell to Bayern, as the article suggests, and with the reputation Neuer now has that only really leaves a small number of club as potential suitors. Barca have a good keeper, as do Real, Inter, Juventus - so that only really leaves the English clubs. Chelsea have Cech, and then there's us and United. Lets hope Fergie thinks Foster's good enough, although I think there's about a 0.1% chance of that being the case, or more likely they go for Akinfeev instead (who I don't believe is anywhere near as good as Neuer). If we were to go in for Neuer we'd have a good chance of getting him, lets just pray what Arsène says about us having "three great goalkeepers" is just what he says to shut the papers up, and that he doesn't actually believe that.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
This is potentially going to be the next Buffon esque kind of keeper.

Would absolutely love him here

Bossa

Established Member
I like this guy. He's got an aura of confidence and flair surrounding him.. Its what I like in a goalkeeper. He's a bit like Lehmann, sometimes he can be crazy. He's totally different than our current goalkeeper in that aspect(bar Scszsesny).

A typical German keeper with a killer mentality. I think that he's better than Adler and Akinfeev.

Sign him up Wenger 15m should do it and we can benefit for 10+ years.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i think he's off to united. wenger won't pay 15-20m for neuer when chesney will be chomping at the bit in a year or two.

how bad is adler, btw? is neuer the german no.1 now?

goonerleila

Established Member
Know nothing at all about this guy. Is he any better than what we have? If the answers yes...sign him up!

Lazaq

goonerleila said:
Know nothing at all about this guy. Is he any better than what we have? If the answers yes...sign him up!
We have "old and ****ty". Neuer is "young and awesome".

outlaw_member

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
This will kill Chesney.

Need someone older. And cheaper.

I'd rather see him killed, than to lay any major hopes on him. If Chesney is as good as he is made out to be, he'll attain the spot in due time regardles of who is in front.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kamikaze80 said:
i think he's off to united. wenger won't pay 15-20m for neuer when chesney will be chomping at the bit in a year or two.

how bad is adler, btw? is neuer the german no.1 now?
eh, think Akinfeev could be off to United

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
outlaw_member said:
AnthonyG said:
This will kill Chesney.

Need someone older. And cheaper.
I'd rather see him killed, than to lay any major hopes on him. If Chesney is as good as he is made out to be, he'll attain the spot in due time regardles of who is in front.
Somewhat tongue in cheek. Well, the cheaper bit, not so much.

number_0

Established Member
I love seeing names like this when I open the transfer section.
Yes wenger, please, regardless of what happens this season wenger should really be under pressure to strengthen this summer.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Neuer and Szczesny next season as our two goalkeepers would be fantastic. I don't think that the addition of Neuer would kill Szczesny at all. He took the starting spot from the first choice keeper at Brentford, and although Neuer is very good I believe that Szczesny is up for the fight. In fact getting rid of three keepers in Almunia, Fabianski, and Mannone would be good for the kid.

I mentioned earlier on another post the goalkeeper situation at Athletico Madrid. They have two very good young goalkeepers. At the start of the season they had David De Gea from the youth team who was a promising keeper, but only 19. Athletico then bought Sergio Asenjo, one of the best keepers in La Liga. Asenjo started out at the number 1, but he eventually lost his place to De Gea.

Having two young goalkeepers fight it out the be the #1 at Arsenal is the best thing we could have. They will both be forced to raise their games, and whoever prevails will hopefully be out keeper for a decade.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Bring him in please! Can we just have one summer where we make signings that actually excite the fans. Not moaning about Vermaelen but if we could just add the 3 or 4 guys we need then we could go into next season confident and ready to kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom