• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manuel Neuer

Status
Not open for further replies.

longrufus

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
This will kill Chesney.

Need someone older. And cheaper.
Agree with this.

Someone like Frey would be perfect, he's the right age (30) so could be first choice for 3 or 4 years while Chesney matures.

In saying that I would take Neuer in a heartbeat, excellent keeper.

wellington

Does anyone know what we'll have to pay to beat Manure and Munich to his signature? I'm worried we won't be prepared to pay very much.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
German? Check
Keeper? Check
Going to happen.... *driftwood*

A quality keeper would be excellent for the team, and this rumour would be a better then good start. but I just dont think Wenger will sign anyone between the sticks. His program notes this weekend praised Almunia for being good and consistant over the past couple of months (and these were written post Brum/Barca (2nd half)) which is worrying me somewhat.

wellington

Gooner_Stu said:
German? Check
Keeper? Check
Going to happen.... *driftwood*
A quality keeper would be excellent for the team, and this rumour would be a better then good start. but I just dont think Wenger will sign anyone between the sticks. His program notes this weekend praised Almunia for being good and consistant over the past couple of months (and these were written post Brum/Barca (2nd half)) which is worrying me somewhat.
Remember how Wenger praised Ljunberg and said he was required at Arsenal just days before selling him to West Ham? Nice business that was too (in hindsight).

Endris

God please let this happen! Almunia is not fit to polish Neuer's boots. The lad is already awesome and will only get better.

But Wenger thinks Almunia is consistent (consistently what? Did he mention that?) and probably world class. I doubt he will get rid of him anytime soon. As long as he saves a penalty or two per season and has 1-2 good games or at least 45 minutes he can be as crappy as he wants to. :?

ricky1985

Established Member
Reported Manchester United target Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is also attracting the attention of Arsenal.
The 24-year-old German international has impressed this season with a string of fine displays which have helped his side to the top of the Bundesliga.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been linked with a swoop for Neuer for sometime but it has now been reported Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is also weighing up a £12million move for the highly-rated 24-year-old.

Neuer is set to be Germany's number one for the World Cup this summer and both Ferguson and Wenger have reportedly been impressed with what they have seen of the talented youngster.

Neuer is among a number of goalkeepers who have been linked with a switch to Old Trafford over the course of the season, with Inter Milan's Julio Cesar and Atletico Madrid starlet David de Gea also thought to be on Ferguson's radar, although it is thought Neuer is his top target.

However, Arsenal are also thought to be hunting for a new shot-stopper to rival Manuel Almunia for the number one spot and United and Arsenal may have to battle it out for Neuer in the summer.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eatsleepsport.com/manchester-united/rivals-move-for-united-target-1047450.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eatsleepsport.com/manchester ... 47450.html</a>?

dave_rwr

Established Member
If there is even a shred of truth to this, I'd imagine we'd have to pick him up before the World Cup. I'd imagine that if his price even is 12-mil know, it will certainly skyrocket after the tournament is over.

I'd love him here.

Endris

He won't play in the WC because Löw is a ***** and made Adler no 1 who is inconsistent since two years, make quite a few mistakes and technically is way behind Neuer even though he is older. The whole nationalteam goalkeeper thing was a bit unfortunate in the last two years.

However, Schalke could still win the championship and they have the best defensive record like last season. Magath won't let Neuer go for cheap, that is for sure. And I think he would rather let him go to the PL than move to Bayern and harm Schalke that way. Last season they were already close to selling Neuer to FCB and I think he was not averse to the thought of a new club either.

So he will probably quite expensive, World Cup or not and I can see ManU making a move for him. Can we really pay more than them or rather, is Wenger willing to play a lot for an "unimportant" :roll: position like the goalkeeper when we still have Super-Almunia?

Gunner_JT

Germany seems to produce great GK's. I've seen a bit of Neuer and he'd be a massive upgrade over Almunia.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
If he is as any good as Lehmann was when he first got here do what it takes to bring him here!
He just might be. Lehman was around 33 when he got here so obviously he was more experienced. He does have 4 years of experience with a fairly large amount of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom