• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marco Amelia

Viper

Established Member
Anything above 185cm is alright for a keeper - Casillas and Given are both 185cm and are very good goal keepers.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He would be a great signing. I can't see him staying at Livorno for too much longer, with a lot of the big clubs eyeing him up.

stuart

Established Member
hope we do sign him, i cant see chelsea signing him either but i think liverpool would be looking at him espescially if the reina to valencia reumours are true!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The indications seem to be that Reina wants to return to Spain at the end of the season. Amelia would be a good replacement for him.

AFCFan4Ever

If we could get this kid, we should do it...esp. for 7 mil.

Would be an ideal replacement for Jens...he's young but not too young and is extremely talented, can't go wrong.

Mostarac

Established Member
Amelia has confirmed in Gazzetta today that Liverpool have shown the most interest in him so far, but he also said that even though no contact has been made yet, that Milan could be a interesting club for him too and certainly a more attractive one compared to Liverpool.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Why would Liverpool want another keeper, has reina been that bad?

Reina is that bad. Technically poor and prone to frequent lapses in concentration; in short a very ordinary and overrated keeper.

Mostarac

Established Member
I agree with Don Pacifico when it comes to Reina. But, I do not want Liverpool to get Amelia as he would absolutely strenghten them even more, I want Amelia as Lehmann`s replacement when that time comes.

Army of Me

Established Member
When I watched the Ranger's game Amelia looked really shonky, I take it that was a one off?

I've heard nothing but good things about him, it just so happens the one and only time I see him he was rubbish.

Mostarac, who's the young goalkeeper at Roma? I saw a game last season (I think they were playing Milan) and this 19 year old was playing, he had a great game and looked really, really good.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gianluca Curci an own product I believe, he is a regular for the Italy u-21, did alright when Zotti(Loaned out?) and Pelozzoli (Reggina?) were injured and he has now surpassed them, I think he is second to Doni now thou

Army of Me

Established Member
That's him, he's definitely one to keep an eye on.

I know it's OT, and I know I've only seen him once but he made a better impression on me than Amelia did.

Mostarac

Established Member
Army of Me said:
Mostarac, who's the young goalkeeper at Roma? I saw a game last season (I think they were playing Milan) and this 19 year old was playing, he had a great game and looked really, really good.

Thats Curci, mate. A young and talented goalkeeper for sure, but very inconsistent. His inconsistency costed him a regular place for Roma as the goalkeeper position was as good as his at the start of last season before his mistakes put Doni in as their 1st goalkeeper. I do not know about the Rangers match as I did not see it, but Amelia certainly made up for his mistakes by equalising against Partizan in the next match in the UEFA Cup :D . All in all, Amelia will be one of the best goalkeepers in the world as soon as he moves to a big club.

siddharth

Spanish keepers have really struggled in the premiership. And it's no surprise that reina is being linked with a move back home. Calling him ordinary and overrated would make rafa look stupid which he isn't but i do admit that he appears to be a average keeper based on his performances for liverpool.

M+D

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=440633&CPID=21&clid=3&lid=&title=AMELIA+THINKS+OVER+FUTURE

Amelia talkes about his future. He says that future takes him either to Russia or England.

He also says that he could leave in January (meaning Liverpool) or in June, (which is when he would have to join Arsenal)

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom