• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marco Amelia

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Just want to state that I wouldn't mind seeing this guy here but he wouldn't be my first choice of avaible goalies, AW should go for Isaksson before he has a good WC or before Lyon snags him. Käälström might do the same thing he did when he joined rennes and tell them about his goalie friend (he did that last time when he left the swedish champions)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Good that you don't make the descisions then :)

He ticks all the boxes for me as a goalie and is possibly the best avaible at the most reasonable price. Even if he is young for a goalie he is mature, he has got valuable experience from training with Buffon at a early age in Juve and has had the coach that made Cech what he is today for the last couple of seasons. He is tall, a great one one one keeper and pantherlike shotstopper, dicttates the defense and has improved his airial and fett work

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
YeahBee said:
Just want to state that I wouldn't mind seeing this guy here but he wouldn't be my first choice of avaible goalies, AW should go for Isaksson before he has a good WC or before Lyon snags him. Käälström might do the same thing he did when he joined rennes and tell them about his goalie friend (he did that last time when he left the swedish champions)

is amelia really the best gk around now? i have never seen amelia play so my statements might not be the fairest around, but imo isaksson is a good gk that we should buy

gooners49

i think of goalkeepers avaiable at the moment amelia is the best around, and for me he's the perfect age

Mostarac

Established Member
gooners49 said:
i think of goalkeepers avaiable at the moment amelia is the best around, and for me he's the perfect age

Exactly. Those who do not know who Amelia is, should see him play a bit more, then you will see how special he is.

Captain

Established Member
Maybe, but then we have signed quite a few players in the past who couldn't speak english.

I think it is a problem if the keeper can't speak it though.

Mostarac

Established Member
Captain said:
I think it is a problem if the keeper can't speak it though.

Agree, but then some people learn other languages very fast. For example, I saw an interview with Bayern`s Karimi recently, and he was speaking fluent German after living just 1 year in Germany.

Captain

Established Member
True; I suppose at the least he can probably communicate with Senderos straight away who seems to speak every language in europe.

He would have no chance with Cole though, who just about speaks english himself. :lol:

Mostarac

Established Member
Captain said:
True; I suppose at the least he can probably communicate with Senderos straight away who seems to speak every language in europe.
He would have no chance with Cole though, who just about speaks english himself. :lol:

Haha, true.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mostarac said:
Captain said:

Haha, true.

Don't you just hate the Swiss for that!! :p Had one in my dorm and he spoke Swedish fluetntly after a couple of weeks

Artillero

GoonerGurjit said:
bluenaz said:
Mostarac said:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun20b.html

Fingers crossed he is coming to us.
He would be a great buy.

Ditto. However Wenger doesn't normally go for goalkeepers lacking in height.

Well thats not true, we were all set to sign Viera untill his hip problem / growth failed the medical.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom