• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Imma just say it, Ødegaard > ESR at #10.

The weight of pass, the quick feet in tight spaces, I just prefer it.

People will cry and say please don’t compare the two, but I don’t even care. If Arteta is smart this boys starts for the rest of the season.
Tbf ESR isn’t even a natural no10 so it’s not a disservice to him.

What Ødegaard has is the final ball. It’s not even fair to expect ESR to have that in his game yet. I’d be wary of coming to any conclusions yet though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Like what I saw, which probably means Madrid liked what they say, which probably means...yeah.

Let’s enjoy him while he’s here anyway, it’s only been a couple games, we could all hate him in a few months. :lol:

I remember really liking Ceballos at first as well. Just gonna not rate him for now to try and counter jinx it.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Real will want to take advantage of Barcelona's near bankruptcy so I reckon they'll sell

Bloodbather

Established Member

A proper Wengerball player.

I'd love for us to bring him in permanently, but I doubt Real sells.

blaze_of_glory

I don't see him and ESR really in competition for a spot anyway, though they can certainly help each other get rest, etc.

ESR looks good as a wide attacker and I think can probably slot in on the right or centrally as needed. Seems very versitile in that regard. Ødegaard seems a pure 10 and his game from what I've seen so far seems quite different to ESR's. They've already played together twice anyway.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The best playmaker on the team. Would really love for him and Partey to have an extended run together in midfield. Although I am not fully sold on him being a dominant player in the future.

Like the cliche take a game by the scruff of the neck type. His game will probably thrive more in La Liga than the EPL. Doesn't seem to have any power or burst and is reluctant to shoot, that is something you need from your 10.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't see him and ESR really in competition for a spot anyway, though they can certainly help each other get rest, etc.

ESR looks good as a wide attacker and I think can probably slot in on the right or centrally as needed. Seems very versitile in that regard. Ødegaard seems a pure 10 and his game from what I've seen so far seems quite different to ESR's. They've already played together twice anyway.
I think long term, Ødegaard might play slightly deeper like a number 8. For his sake, he needs to get out of Real Madrid.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Like what I saw, which probably means Madrid liked what they say, which probably means...yeah.

Let’s enjoy him while he’s here anyway, it’s only been a couple games, we could all hate him in a few months. :lol:
Nah mate, he bossed it at Sociedad all season got his loan cancelled and then wasn't used. Playing well for Arsenal shouldn't really affect his future at Real too much I reckon. Really hope we can sign him up.

I really like him so far. He's very well rounded and do good at finding space. What was glaring was that he suffered the same treatment as Partey. In acres of space, nobody passed to him a few times. We were too scared to play to the middle when trying to attack and our whole game fizzled out.
Yeah, that's one of the things that has annoyed me all season and that I've been whining about. Our defenders and defensive midfielders (Xhaka, Ceballos) don't dare to pass to a player who has an opponent within 5-10 yards. Only dare to pass to players in acres of space.

I can't imagine Arteta doesn't train on this, given the City history, but I think our players just don't have the confidence to make the pass and are too risk averse.

That's why I am so happy with Partey because (1) he does dare to make that pass, and (2) he wants to receive the pass under pressure as he can deal with it.

Players like Ødegaard, Partey, ESR, Saka dare to receive the pass under pressure and that's what gets you out from under pressure and gets the build-up / attack flowing. Really hope they start trusting themselves more to make the pass.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Strange that so many thought this loan was pointless. "If there's no option to buy what's the point!" Already after 3 starts people cant get enough of him, and rightly so. The guy is pure class, I hope we get to keep him beyond this season.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Strange that so many thought this loan was pointless. If there's no option to buy what's the point! Already after 3 starts people cant get enough of him, and rightly so. The guy is pure class, I hope we get to keep him beyond this season.
But there isn't, and I've seen articles suggesting that RM wants him there, probably when Modric is gone.
I'm happy to have him here, but if we can't get results with him here (winning the EL or top 6 in the PL), then I'm with you by saying what's the point

Reactions: roz

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
But there isn't, and I've seen articles suggesting that RM wants him there, probably when Modric is gone.
I'm happy to have him here, but if we can't get results with him here (winning the EL or top 6 in the PL), then I'm with you by saying what's the point

I've added speech marks, that's not my view its what some others thought. My view was always if he can get us EL or CL for next season, then I dont care if there's no option to buy.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Strange that so many thought this loan was pointless. If there's no option to buy what's the point! Already after 3 starts people cant get enough of him, and rightly so. The guy is pure class, I hope we get to keep him beyond this season.

It's not pointless. If Ødegaard likes it here, he is able to force a move.

I made a mistake in this game. I said he reminds me of Özil, but that was completely wrong. Maybe it was the left footedness, but his movement is no where near ESR's level let alone Ozils. It's right half space and centre. Thats it.

You know who he really reminds me of?

Fabregas.

Even his running style. He isn't the quickest, but he tries really hard defensively. He will compete and is intelligent in his defensive positioning. He is very press resistant and he could literally dictate an entire game IF he played deeper. He has a range of pass that we haven't even seen yet. He can do everything Ceballos did yesterday and more. He moves it quicker, he is always available and so incisive. He could easily play in a midfield 3 but he needs a minder in there. He could even be in a double pivot with Partey.

Imagine having him deeper, he could find our wide players between the lines and also fine throughballs from deep.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I've added speech marks, that's not my view its what some others thought. My view was always if he can get us EL or CL for next season, then I dont care if there's no option to buy.
That's 100%, but what's your opinion if we don't get into any of the European competitions next season? I'm still happy to watch him play, but it doesn't feel right in a way

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Strange that so many thought this loan was pointless. "If there's no option to buy what's the point!" Already after 3 starts people cant get enough of him, and rightly so. The guy is pure class, I hope we get to keep him beyond this season.

I really don't think people had any idea about Ødegaard's quality.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Like what I saw, which probably means Madrid liked what they saw, which probably means...yeah.

Any other club and I would agree but I think hes done at Madrid, they got Valverde ahead of him and when Modric or Kroos are done I think they look elsewhere for the next shiny star.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think it's necessarily over for him at Real, they've got a lot of aging players in midfield and attack, Hazard has been a massive flop, Isco has declined, Modric at the end of his time, no guarantees they'll sign someone like Mbappe, Vinicius has stalled a bit, they might see it as convenient for them if he does have a good spell here and can then be used as an option next season. Whereas with Ceballos everyone knows he's nowhere near Real level.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

I can understand that Real wants him back but if the player wants to stay at Arsenal we really should buy him. or Real can decide to make some money by selling him or keep him unhappy just like Bale.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's not pointless. If Ødegaard likes it here, he is able to force a move.

I made a mistake in this game. I said he reminds me of Özil, but that was completely wrong. Maybe it was the left footedness, but his movement is no where near ESR's level let alone Ozils. It's right half space and centre. Thats it.

You know who he really reminds me of?

Fabregas.

Even his running style. He isn't the quickest, but he tries really hard defensively. He will compete and is intelligent in his defensive positioning. He is very press resistant and he could literally dictate an entire game IF he played deeper. He has a range of pass that we haven't even seen yet. He can do everything Ceballos did yesterday and more. He moves it quicker, he is always available and so incisive. He could easily play in a midfield 3 but he needs a minder in there. He could even be in a double pivot with Partey.

Imagine having him deeper, he could find our wide players between the lines and also fine throughballs from deep.

You've misread my post. I was quoting what some were saying. I wanted him here with or without to buy option!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom