• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
40 million would be brilliant.

You cant write someone off after one quiet game against the best team in the world (on current form), especially when hes sitting in front of muppets like mo and granit
Too early to make an assessment. Its the PL; there is nothing like it.

He needs to trust his abilities. I think he will as he becomes acclimated. He’ll review ManC game and come back stronger.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
This guy doesn't have the power or burst to really take over games. He is clearly very good technical player with vision, but something about him gives me Özil vibes. A player that can be taken out of games with some physicality. If the players ahead are not going to offer intelligent movement and the other mids are not going to play the right passes to him, he could be very pedestrian. Still like him, but we shouldn't put all our eggs in the Ødegaard basket. We have to look for other options in that position.

blrgooner

Established Member
He was really poor today, but he is unlikely to face pressing like this in other games. This game was just too difficult for him with the other two midfielders choosing to stay behind the man city lines at all times. Can`t judge him based on this.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was really poor today, but he is unlikely to face pressing like this in other games. This game was just too difficult for him with the other two midfielders choosing to stay behind the man city lines at all times. Can`t judge him based on this.

He and Pepe were specifically targeted by their press all game

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This guy doesn't have the power or burst to really take over games. He is clearly very good technical player with vision, but something about him gives me Özil vibes. A player that can be taken out of games with some physicality. If the players ahead are not going to offer intelligent movement and the other mids are not going to play the right passes to him, he could be very pedestrian. Still like him, but we shouldn't put all our eggs in the Ødegaard basket. We have to look for other options in that position.
@Rimaal similar to what you were saying right? Without the Özil slander ofc!

pikey2000

I like him but am still dubious over signing him for some reason, I feel like given our lack of goals from wide area's we need a 10 that will weigh in with goals as well as assists, a bit like James for Everton, not expecting 15 goals a season but someone who can pick a shot out when given the chance, if for nothing else it gives the opponent something else to worry about, with an Ødegaard player you just know he will look for the pass and stay on the edge of the box, as long as they close the gaps and space on him it mitigates his effectiveness much like Özil, we need a 10 that can either go past a player or two dribbling or pick out top bins every now and again......obviously hard to come by, but that's my reservation with the Ødegaard type.

Of course, would be entirely different if we had goals coming from other areas i.e out wide or CM, but we don't unfortunately.

HomeSteak

Established Member
I'm done with number 10's. He is a good player, would do better if he has time to adapt to he league, true. But no more number 10. It's over. Give me an all around CM, that never stops running and has some sort of physical ability

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Should have gottten JLingz on loan instead

AB781-F8-C-F309-4-B63-B605-BE11-BA48-AB67.jpg

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We need more players like him around, not Elneny's and Xhaka's. Technical players thrive when they have players similar to them around, not grunt workers.
I'd like him to move deeper in the midfield and have ESR in front of him, with Partey taking care of protecting our back 4. Very similar to what Real Madrid was doing with Kroos, Casemiro and Modric with great success.
Not gonna happen with Bumteta though, the guy is addicted to having nontechnical midfielders dictating our game

OSBK

Established Member
I didnt see it before, i dont see it now. If he cannot make a any impact against city then wtf would we buy him for. We dont play leeds every week sadly.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Honestly quite confused by some of the comments about him here that I read...He gives us badly needed quality and composure on the ball in the 10 space, not to mention a better final ball than anyone on our team (with respect to Saka).

ESR gave us a boost in quality by giving us an actual option in the 10 space, but between ESR and Ødegaard in terms of quality, there's not really much discussion. Ødegaard has that pause and comfort on the ball that ESR doesn't yet, saying nothing of the superior final ball on Ødegaard. The left interior position suits ESR to a tee, honestly, given that he's rather athletic, and can press well and create good overloads or take advantage of interesting spaces. But yeah, it's no surprise that when Ødegaard and Saka are on the right that our attacking play is highly biased toward that side. It would be nice if ESR could get on the ball a bit more and create some overloads for Tierney since he's a far better attacking full-back than Bellerín on the right...

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Not sure why hes in the team, gets the ball passes it backwards nearly every time.

Very similar to a lot of our problem players over the years, safe pass after safe pass, if there is anyone tight to him he will make a safe pass.

Hes looking like a hard working Özil without that spark that Özil used to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom