• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm sure they will, but Arsenal has been without UCL for so long now, that Haaland etc. won't come here unless they're die-hard Arsenal fans.

I'm fine with getting Ødegaard (if he succeeds well, we won't have a chance likely) level signing in the summer to midfield, which is what we need.

I'm not suggesting Haaland. He is already one of the top 3 CF's in the world. He is one that is unattainable.

It all depends on how many we can shift. Loads of contracts are expiring in the summer so there will be funds. On top of that we have some sellable assets.

I want to see us go with a smaller squad but higher quality. If he does well, bring Ødegaard in fine, I don't think he'd he much more than 30m, but couple him with another top quality attacker.

Knowing the club, I concede it is very unlikely, but that's what the plan should be in my opinion.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm not suggesting Haaland. He is already one of the top 3 CF's in the world. He is one that is unattainable.

It all depends on how many we can shift. Loads of contracts are expiring in the summer so there will be funds. On top of that we have some sellable assets.

I want to see us go with a smaller squad but higher quality. If he does well, bring Ødegaard in fine, I don't think he'd he much more than 30m, but couple him with another top quality attacker.

Knowing the club, I concede it is very unlikely, but that's what the plan should be in my opinion.

Well you can be sure we will hear endlessly how incompetent the management of Arsenal is, when Haaland's release clause is active, and he goes to somewhere else.

Otherwise I agree that we need to upgrade starting positions, just like Partey did. Next we need to get Xhaka to bench, and Elneny gone.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

With all due respect bud, Haaland, Mbappe and even Grealish and Aouar are beyond us now. We may still have a respectful name, but we are a shambles of a club right now. Leicester, Villa, Wolves, Sp**s and Everton now look down on us FFS.

This is why Im so hopeful that Ødegaard works out here and we sign him. Combined with our youngsters we will be onto something amazing, at a fraction of the necessary cost.

I never suggested to go for Haaland or Mbappe mate, I just stated the club tried to get them in the past.

We are miles bigger than Leicester, Villa, Wolves and Everton come off it. I guarantee you if a player has a choice of Arsenal or Wolves, they go to Arsenal.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well you can be sure we will hear endlessly how incompetent the management of Arsenal is, when Haaland's release clause is active, and he goes to somewhere else.

Otherwise I agree that we need to upgrade starting positions, just like Partey did. Next we need to get Xhaka to bench, and Elneny gone.

That would be ridiculous. Even if we were doing well on the pitch we'd have no chance, his next move is to Bayern or Madrid.

Im fine with Xhaka as a first choice for another season if we can get a top quality forward player. Our problem is in the final third, that's where all of the funds should go.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

An why is Ceballos here:lol:. My point exactly. I sincerely hope, that Ødegaard can walk into the team and get us CL-qualification. I hope aswell, that my boss calls me tomorrow to offer me a 200% payrise. Usually that’s not how the World works.
At the moment our club is rebuilding a competitive squad. We can only do that, if we invest longterm.
You need short term and long term steps. Long term kicks the can down the road and let's us fail today. We need results today. We've got a 6 month loan. Let's use it and get the absolute best from it.

drippin

That would be ridiculous. Even if we were doing well on the pitch we'd have no chance, his next move is to Bayern or Madrid.

Im fine with Xhaka as a first choice for another season if we can get a top quality forward player. Our problem is in the final third, that's where all of the funds should go.

Yeah, we seem to be on a similar page then. But surely we need a CMF and an AMF.

We have two Real loanees there now. Funds are not unlimited.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, we seem to be on a similar page then. But surely we need a CMF and an AMF.

I think we will have funds in the summer. We've spent nearly 100m a window for the last few years, and now we've got loads of deadwood leaving. If we can sell the likes of Lacazette/Eddie/Pepe(unlikely)/Willock/Kolasinac as well, we will have big funds.

We do need a CM in the long run, but attacking is the hardest part of the game and the quality of our current options there is worrying to say the least. I'd spend the entire budget on attackers if necessary, go for a CM and RB in 2022.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

If Ødegaard does well and wants to stay then you’ve solved CMF and AMF issues with one player. He’ll also have had half a season here already so should be bedded in. All ifs buts and maybes of course but it could work out that way.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Ødegaard does well and wants to stay then you’ve solved CMF and AMF issues with one player. He’ll also have had half a season here already so should be bedded in. All ifs buts and maybes of course but it could work out that way.

Not sure he can play in center midfield to be honest. He looks like a traditional number 10 in the Özil style to me. That being said I've only seen him play a few times so the sample size isn't exactly the the best to make a judgment like that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If Ødegaard did well and the club secured him beyond the summer, I'd maybe reconsider my stance on the CM position, as in someone like Bissouma could do a job there. Ødegaard isn't gonna defend that well, put a pivot like Partey and Bissouma behind him and he doesn't really have to, could be a pure creator.

drippin

But.. so we renew Elneny and give him minutes? We will be only one or two injuries away to needing to play Elneny or similar player, even for just rotation. I don't approve of this kind of thing.

Attacking players don't matter much with a trainwreck midfield.

I'm kinda answering to MikelHadADream here also.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I agree we need a creative player like Ödegaard or Buendia in the summer, but I would rather extend Laca than have Chaka for another season. The only reason we need so much creativity in attack (more than pther teams) is becasue we transition the ball so slowly from defense to attacking areas, which lets the opponent get all their players between the ball and their goal and structure their defense. All that means middle of the park is closed to a much higher degree and we’re forced to attack down the wings and cross. A player like ESR have shown great potential as a remedy for that as he is elite at finding space, but transitioning the ball to attack faster would completely transform our fortunes. Xhaka and Ceballos are the worst sinners but that’s not to say Elneny is good enough. Top 4 will be nowhere to be seen until we’ve found a better partner for Partey as well as a backup with the same traits.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not sure he can play in center midfield to be honest. He looks like a traditional number 10 in the Özil style to me. That being said I've only seen him play a few times so the sample size isn't exactly the the best to make a judgment like that.

He can play in midfield in a 4-3-3.

drippin

I agree we need a creative player like Ödegaard or Buendia in the summer, but I would rather extend Laca than have Chaka for another season. The only reason we need so much creativity in attack (more than pther teams) is becasue we transition the ball so slowly from defense to attacking areas, which lets the opponent get all their players between the ball and their goal and structure their defense. All that means middle of the park is closed to a much higher degree and we’re forced to attack down the wings and cross. A player like ESR have shown great potential as a remedy for that as he is elite at finding space, but transitioning the ball to attack faster would completely transform our fortunes. Xhaka and Ceballos are the worst sinners but that’s not to say Elneny is good enough. Top 4 will be nowhere to be seen until we’ve found a better partner for Partey as well as a backup with the same traits.

Yep. I'd rather extend Laca & Xhaka, get rid of Elneny, loan Willock, and upgrade our CMF & AMF with great quality. Then we also need a backup LB, and later maybe some RB.

This all depends on how much funds Arsenal has in this climate. I'm fine with other possibilities too, if some player gets a good offer for example.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Lack of option is annoying and what is even more so annoying is how does Edu & Arteta conclude that Szoboszlai cannot be trusted to make an immediate impact but I'm assuming Ødegaard is? Where's the sense in that?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

PREACH! Say it louder for the people in the back!

This club is getting nowhere close the consistent top4 and hopefully competing for the league again until the dross within midfield is cleared out and (significantly) upgraded on. Partey is legit the only piece worth keeping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom