• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Aguero
Courtois
Alexis Sanchez
David Silva
Santi Cazorla
Diego Costa
Ander Herrera
Yaya Toure

All seemed to deal with the pace just fine.

Bar Herrera all were already great players in the own right before coming. A good better comparison would be Denis Suarez or Ceballos. Players with unfulfilling potential.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Yeah AFCBell is riding their ITK status they had around Partey and just parroting others now
He was the one saying we didn't contact Buendia when the others were saying he was a top target this window? Credit goes to Bell for not trying to call bullshite and only covers what he knows. He specifically said he doesn't know on this file but will contact the players camp.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Shocking how Xhaka is still starting for us, but then I realise he's our second best midfielder, which speaks volumes.

He needs to be benched in the summer, not necessarily sold, just benched for a Sabitzer / Bissouma.

He's still a capable squad option, much more capable then elneny.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
If all goes well with Ødegaard, it's possible he could be here in the summer permanently, then have a 2 behind him that consists of Partey and Bissouma and he won't have to do no defending.

Pure creativity.

Legend14

Established Member
If all goes well with Ødegaard, it's possible he could be here in the summer permanently, then have a 2 behind him that consists of Partey and Bissouma and he won't have to do no defending.

Pure creativity.
As an option, sure, but ESR is the 10. ESR offers more.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Ok, I'm allowing myself some excitement now.

Not because I think we will suddenly get champions league. Not because I think we will have any real opportunity to keep him. Mainly because I'd like to see us play good football again.

There are things Arteta has done well, but largely I find he has turned us in to the most boring version of Arsenal I have seen for the majority of our matches, and I watched the George Graham team.

I'm excited because Ødegaard might actually help us be more attractive to watch. Alongside Smith Rowe and Saka, with Partey anchoring it all, I think we could be rather attractive, whilst lessening the burden of responsibility on any one or two youth players.

I'd love to enjoy watching us again, and I'd love to be proven wrong that it isn't Arteta, but purely personnel.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ok, I'm allowing myself some excitement now.

Not because I think we will suddenly get champions league. Not because I think we will have any real opportunity to keep him. Mainly because I'd like to see us play good football again.

There are things Arteta has done well, but largely I find he has turned us in to the most boring version of Arsenal I have seen for the majority of our matches, and I watched the George Graham team.

I'm excited because Ødegaard might actually help us be more attractive to watch. Alongside Smith Rowe and Saka, with Partey anchoring it all, I think we could be rather attractive, whilst lessening the burden of responsibility on any one or two youth players.

I'd love to enjoy watching us again, and I'd love to be proven wrong that it isn't Arteta, but purely personnel.

Arteta hasn't been much better than Emery I think? Are these totally incompetent managers? I think not.

The combining theme with both is the squad Wenger left (again, I love Wenger).

Partey has of course played only about 350 EPL minutes thus far, which is horrendous luck again. That's about 4/19 total matches in minutes.

We can get top 6 easily with Partey & Ødegaard, and some form. Knock knock.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But we have only one person who can get the ball to the final 3rd on a regular basis. We need another or the other teams will just man-mark Partey because they know Xhaka will just pass it back or sideways. I think if we can get the ball into the final third quicker we'll have a lot more goal scoring chances.
We cannot have another year of Xhaka being a regular starter. We've been outside the top 4 since he's signed and it's not just a coincidence. Our play has been slow and listless in midfield. We need him relegated to the bench. Preferably I'd want him and Elneny out in the summer and replacements brought in for both.

Likewise, we've haven't been a top 4 side since Lacazette and Aubameyang becoming the main forwards of the team.

You can not want him in the first team, I get why people feel that way. But to get rid of him outright? Crazy. He is our second best midfield player despite what the majority of the fans think. We won't be bringing in multiple central midfielders this window.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Maybe he does not pass it forward as much as he can because the comfort zone for him has to be greater because his technical passing ability is not up there with the best. A version of Elneny that is not so bad, but still not great either. This is where I’ve been at with him over the last few weeks, and after seeing a contrast with Partey during the Newcastle match.

Xhaka has played very well over the last few weeks. People's hatred for him cloud what they actually see happen on the pitch.

Partey and Xhaka is a very good midfield pairing, probably the strongest area of the team now.

Iceman10

Established Member
Xhaka has played very well over the last few weeks. People's hatred for him cloud what they actually see happen on the pitch.

Partey and Xhaka is a very good midfield pairing, probably the strongest area of the team now.

I saw three badly misplaced passes in CM against Palace that could have resulted in deadly counters against us by better teams. He was noted for his defensive work. On two occasions that was cleaning up the mess he allowed in CM.

Against Newcastle on paper his pass completion stats looked good, but so do Elneny’s stats on completion. Around five extremely poor passes forwards which were horrendously weighted, in contrast to passing by Partey.

That’s why I am saying what I am. Objectively, based on observations. On the flip side I think some just see journos waxing lyrical over him calling him “superb” without attention to detail with their observations (as opposed to stats).

As others have said we need an upgrade to help us with better progression and dynamism through CM. We can’t just be over-reliant on Tierney and a couple of others to impose ourselves on opposing teams.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

For once someone understands that Xhaka is not our main problem in the squad. The problem is that he is a clear starter.

We have two Real loanees in CMF & AMF. We need to buy in those positions in the future.

Xhaka needs a new contract imo, but he has to agree to Arteta's management, that he won't get a clear starting position, but has to battle.

After the contract, we buy a starting player to CMF. Then we can sell him if necessary, he has some value always.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People giving off opinions before the lads kicked a ball for us.

He may be better than ESR he may not. He may be another Pepe, he might not. Nobody knows until he's on the pitch.

And tbf we'll know fairly quickly if he's up to the task technically. As we saw with Partey.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I think Xhaka passes the ball forward when the opportunity presents itself. He struggles against low blocks, but most midfielders do. Only the elite ones can break down these types of defences on a consistent basis. Look at the Chelsea game for example, his passing forward was a key to us winning that match.

Xhaka-Partey is a solid midfield in my opinion. It would be irresponsible "upgrading" on that before we sign a CF/AM/Wide player in my opinion.
Yeah we need better than that. We need a midfielder to create that opportunity by being more mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom