• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can see us overpaying late in the window.

The story makes it sound like Ødegaard is choosing to give it another go there with a new manager. It will probably only happen if he’s told he’s not wanted (which isn’t really Ancelotti’s style).

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The story makes it sound like Ødegaard is choosing to give it another go there with a new manager. It will probably only happen if he’s told he’s not wanted (which isn’t really Ancelotti’s style).

Fairly sure Ancelotti said his transfer was just a PR move. :lol:

I don't know really what will happen with an attacking mid, maybe we let ESR make it his own and bring in the Correra guy for something different. The AM market seems a bit dead.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Fairly sure Ancelotti said his transfer was just a PR move. :lol:

I don't know really what will happen with an attacking mid, maybe we let ESR make it his own and bring in the Correra guy for something different. The AM market seems a bit dead.

The Athletic says we’re going to aggressively pursue other options at 10 now. **** knows who though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"The Athletic understands the club intend to make several significant additions to their first-team squad during this window, with any resources allocated to squad-building likely to be supplemented by revenue from player sales."

Looks like money isn't a problem just depends what 10 wants to join us without European football.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The Athletic says we’re going to aggressively pursue other options at 10 now. **** knows who though.

Top of my head, maybe that Brazillian from West Brom, decent stats this season despite being relegated but all in all underwhelming. Sabitzer at 15M seems decent? Then there's the typical, Brandt & Calhanoglu etc links.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if we're still interested in Nkunku, a versatile player and usually gets a few goals assists across a season?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Me getting back on the Aouar hype train

EcleyyNU8AUb7xy.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Top of my head, maybe that Brazillian from West Brom, decent stats this season despite being relegated but all in all underwhelming. Sabitzer at 15M seems decent? Then there's the typical, Brandt & Calhanoglu etc links.

Considering the words at the end of the article I'd like to think we will be going bigger in a position we've been coveting since last summer.

You don't do all that work to end up with Brandt, a player you couldve got last summer. Pereira is good but I don't think he's top of the list.

We will make significant signings at CB, CM and AM. As in £30M+ signings.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Considering the words at the end of the article I'd like to think we will be going bigger in a position we've been coveting since last summer.

You don't do all that work to end up with Brandt, a player you couldve got last summer. Pereira is good but I don't think he's top of the list.

We will make significant signings at CB, CM and AM. As in £30M+ signings.

Ødegaard doesn't seem like the top bracket so not sure who else there is that'll be in and around the level we're looking at, I'd take Ødegaard over all others mentioned.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ødegaard doesn't seem like the top bracket so not sure who else there is that'll be in and around the level we're looking at, I'd take Ødegaard over all others mentioned.

I agree. There's a lot of players just below Martins level we have been linked with that are very samey, nothing special.

The thing is if they've been given money this summer, which is looks like they have. Then do you spend £25-35M on an okay AM that will do decent but nothing special. Or do you say spend £65M on a Maddison type AM who will actually vastly improve you.

Off the top of my head I can't really think of many AM's in that upper bracket at a good age.

Iceman10

Established Member
We missed out on Buendia, in my view because we weren't fully committed, still on the Ødegaard chase. Now we end up with neither. Rodrigo De Paul would more than make up for that all, but looks like he is headed to Atleti.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We missed out on Buendia, in my view because we weren't fully committed, still on the Ødegaard chase. Now we end up with neither. Rodrigo De Paul would more than make up for that all, but looks like he is headed to Atleti.

The Athletic confirmed this morning that we wasn't really in for Buendia, didn't want to match Villa's bid. So we clearly have better targets in the clubs mind.

Atletico are supposedly going after Calhanoglu. I think the De Paul links were agent led personally. Di Marzio always mentioned Milan and Atletico never really us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom