• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Bodmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidza7

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
nidza7 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
dos1986 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
good news. from the start i have never wanted this bodmer. would really spoil diaby and denilson chances. its not like he is a world beater also. not really impressed when i see him

Denilson and Diaby are hardly going to be world beaters either...

Diaby in particular hasnt shown me anything to suggest he will be a world beater someday...he can run with the ball better than most midfielders,thats about it...
at least those 2 are young, and have room for improvements. bodmer is 24/25 if i am not wrong, and is already quite established in the french league. i see diaby giving us more in midfield in just his few games than bodmer.

mate,did you actually,really saw Bodmer in some game?

I can`t beleive someone saw Bodmer telling these lines.
i feel diaby is more atheletic and more box to box. bodmer is more attacking and will not support the midfield from the back. diaby is also very raw and have all the ingredient to succeed. i would rather Arsène saves his money and spend it elsewhere because CM is the least needed position to strengthen. even the whole u21 and youth is full of CMs.

seen bodmer in his CL games, enough?

Well no,mate.

First,Bodmer and Diaby don‚t play same positions as you said,and don‚t even play in teams playing same tactics.But I saw whole Championat 2005/06 and last years one.This guy Bodmer is miles better than Diaby.He score goals,head the balls,has superb passing and improvisation.He shoots like mad.Actually he has everything Diaby lacks.
You`re right about question,do we need another CM?We have more important positions to cover.I just don`t want to miss on this incredible player.But it`s too late I guess

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
nidza7 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
nidza7 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
dos1986 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
good news. from the start i have never wanted this bodmer. would really spoil diaby and denilson chances. its not like he is a world beater also. not really impressed when i see him

Denilson and Diaby are hardly going to be world beaters either...

Diaby in particular hasnt shown me anything to suggest he will be a world beater someday...he can run with the ball better than most midfielders,thats about it...
at least those 2 are young, and have room for improvements. bodmer is 24/25 if i am not wrong, and is already quite established in the french league. i see diaby giving us more in midfield in just his few games than bodmer.

mate,did you actually,really saw Bodmer in some game?

I can`t beleive someone saw Bodmer telling these lines.
i feel diaby is more atheletic and more box to box. bodmer is more attacking and will not support the midfield from the back. diaby is also very raw and have all the ingredient to succeed. i would rather Arsène saves his money and spend it elsewhere because CM is the least needed position to strengthen. even the whole u21 and youth is full of CMs.

seen bodmer in his CL games, enough?

Well no,mate.

First,Bodmer and Diaby don‚t play same positions as you said,and don‚t even play in teams playing same tactics.But I saw whole Championat 2005/06 and last years one.This guy Bodmer is miles better than Diaby.He score goals,head the balls,has superb passing and improvisation.He shoots like mad.Actually he has everything Diaby lacks.
You`re right about question,do we need another CM?We have more important positions to cover.I just don`t want to miss on this incredible player.But it`s too late I guess
i know they don't play in the same position, i said bodmer was more attacking. i don't think a midfield of cesc and bodmer can have the right balance to win games.

alright, he might be the good player you make him out to be, but he won't be the player we need. i still maintain my stand, a midfield of diaby and cesc would be better than bodmer and cesc. UNLESS, its diaby and bodmer, but that wouldnt have the right balance too. bodmer is too attacking from the central midfield for my liking. he runs forward far too much, leaving gaps behind. but your are right, he good attacking wise.

dos1986

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
Think Lyon's bidding for him. Don't know for sure, but looks like Manchester had an interest on him too. but no strong source indicate that to be honest and they've brought in Hargreaves which kills that deal to be honest. Think Bodmer going to Lyon for sure. Even if he comes here, where the hell are we going to fit him in?

Like I said in an eariler post we definitely have room for a player like Bodmer..a long term injury to Cesc or Gilberto and we are in trouble,imagine a midfield without Cesc or Gilberto for 3/4 of a season we would be ****ed..Denilson is still a kid,Song isnt good enough,Diaby is not up to it full time...

Gilberto will be playing alot of games in the summer in the copa,and usually injuries happen when you have not had a decent break...I can see him getting injured and being out for a few months...leaving our chance of going far in the champions league in taters...As much as I like Denilson,I dont think he is Champions league quality yet,Song is hopeless,and Diaby is too reckless for my liking.I think we need a midfielder between the age of 23-27 who has physical presence,touch,work rate...If he has to leap frog Diaby,Denilson to 3rd choice then so be it..

We over rate Diaby,Denilson and Song here imo..The drop off between them and Cesc and Gilberto is the difference between ous and Sp**s..Huge

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
>YounGunner< said:
Legend#1 said:
I am not happy with these accusations.

Nothing to worry about. What else did you expect most gooners here are gulliable and desperate to see a transfer happen.

It was clear you where getting your info else where. Reliable info it has to be said.

Exactly.

The info about team against Pompey - Reliable

Baptista and Gallas on last day - Reliable

Theo medical - Reliable

People need to realise that every "insider" just gets info from someone else who gets info from someone else and so on.

I did lol at people thinking I was Pat Rice though :lol:

oh no FFS ..i remember people calling this geezer god and a messiah..gut wrenching imo no wonder why hes slagged off some in the 365..too many heads are gullibe and seriously, make that be a lesson for you lot in life...

Allyboy

Established Member
The fact is, unless you personally know Arsène Wenger or a board member then even your "insider" knowledger is still speculation.

Most people who come on forums like these and pass on information have often had it passed on from a friend, who may or may not know the above people.

I have heard stuff from people I know who are in a good position to know stuff, but about half the time it turns out to be wrong. It could be the deal fell through, or a target was changed at the last minute or just the player did not want to come. I was told in good faith, but the information turned out to be duff.

Also if you look at some of the "insider" stuff which is posted here, a lot of it is often posted on other Arsenal forums. In fact, occasionally it is even lifted word for word! Im not saying people on here are lying or anything, im just saying people should be skeptical.

If you treat it as a bit of fun then thats the best way to look at it, but I never believe any stuff I read on here, if you do you just set yourself up for a fall when that Song for Eto'o swap deal falls through :wink:

stiiphunn

Established Member
Yes this is exactly it. It's a little bit of fun. And to be honest as long as it isn't official, anything can happen- i.e: Angulo. Take a step back while looking at it.

I trust Legend and I'm glad he's coming here to keep us informed. But just like for the medias, things being told here might not happen.

jackycreegs

Legend#1 said:
I did lol at people thinking I was Pat Rice though :lol:
I think you'll find that it was a joke:
goonerwarsh said:
I have no idea how he is getting his information but i'm half suspecting that he is actually Pat Rice or Peter Hill-Wood.
dos1986 said:
Gunners_Nadz said:
Legend#1 is Pat Rice? Peter Hill-Wood? Bloody hell! I salute you Mr. Legend! A Legend indeedio. :D

His source is very high up and massages van persie's inner thighs. :wink:
Just as this was a joke:
Grampus_Eight said:

In any case, you certainly do seem to try to present yourself as some kind of insider (and maintain a mysterious silence when people ask you if you are one or where you get your info from):
He [Ribery] is our #1 target
Wenger though, loves Babel, and believes he can make him into a big, big player.
He's still the #1 target. But things have cooled down for now.
Trust me . . . I know how much Wenger adores Ribery and I know for a fact he wants him here.
From what I understand, we're waiting for a WP [for Guardado].
we've deffo made a bid [for Bodmer], which i'm very happy about

If you're finding information from the media and from other forums, then why not provide links to your sources like everybody else does? Oh... here's our answer, it's because you like ****ing with people:
GoonerGurjit said:
Interesting to hear "Legend#1's"' comments here. He posts under the name "Carlito" on F365. http://forum.football365.com/index.php? ... 0&count=40
Carlito said:
I saw it [a rumour of Bodmer coming to Arsenal] on French league review and someone on Blog told me. So I added some spice to it and made AM wet.
Carlito said:
On RMC Radio, Kader Keita's agent said he's going to sign along with Bodmer for Lyon.
Oh I know, I knew he had because Aulas said he bid for both. Always nice to excite AM.

People actually care quite a lot about this football club. Especially after the continued frustration of the season we've just had, the identity of who we will sign this summer to strengthen our prospects for the new campaign is of genuine importance. It might be a ****ing **** day at work, but being informed by a source that everyone seems to think is reliable that Ribery is "definitely Wenger's number one target", that we "definitely have a bid in" for Bodmer and that Guardado has been signed and is now just waiting on a work permit, can lift the spirits and provide something to look forward to seeing when the new season rolls around. To find out that it's just some prick spouting bullshit is more than a little annoying.

celestis said:
Take it easy guys, Legend, Scorpion and others just pass on what they know.
That certainly does not appear to be the case with our 'Legend'.

otfgoon

Established Member
Look, I like Phil Collins, Legend is a dirty, lying filthy scumbag who laughs at * people, we all have our faults. Can we just drop it now?

Legend#1

Established Member
Also, maybe Guardardo hasn't been offered a WP, like I was told, but we have bid, as you will now see on the thread in the lobby.

Sorry Cap.

We're signing Mumbo Jumbo from DR Congo for a packet of Quavers and a Coke.

That should make you happier x

jackycreegs

Phil Collins?!!! ****in' 'ell....

I am undeniably too gullible. A couple of months ago a mate had me believing that he'd been arrested after "blowing someone's foot off" whilst drunk in charge of a firearm.

But everyone else seemed to be saying how reliable he was. It seemed so plaausible!

otfgoon

Established Member
Saying I like Phil Collins cost me when trying to get into the arseblog forums :(

I just dont understand.

Has Bodmer moved yet?

j'nuh

otfgoon said:
Saying I like Phil Collins cost me when trying to get into the arseblog forums :(

I just dont understand.

Has Bodmer moved yet?

The deal isnt complete yet, but either way a move to Arsenal looks against all odds.

Legend#1

Established Member
j'nuh said:
otfgoon said:

I just dont understand.

Has Bodmer moved yet?

The deal isnt complete yet, but either way a move to Arsenal looks against all odds.

I like that.

siddharth

£5.5million is a steal for lyon considering we paid 4m for denilson. The article also mentions a winger , kader kieta and that the fee could be upto 13.5£ million. Is he that good ? I don't think players moving in france would cost that much.

Grampus_Eight

That's a good bit of business for Lyon. Hard to see us having any serious interest in Bodmer with Cesc, Diaby and Denilson all figuring in the same position - regardless of what was reported as us having made a bid by someone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom