• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Guendouzi come back?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Players behaving in toxic ways. Must have missed that. And Arteta wasn’t held accountable for two mid table finishes and he’s improved. So that knocks your theory on the head. Lol.
Not sure you could hold someone accountable for half a season tbh.

Either way, the comparison with a manager and a player doesn't work really.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Either way, the comparison with a manager and a player doesn't work really.
So a manager who makes mistakes, like spending money on Willian, Luiz, Mari etc and comes 8th is worth persevering with. But a very young player with potential who loses his sh!t in a match is not.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So a manager who makes mistakes, like spending money on Willian, Luiz, Mari etc and comes 8th is worth persevering with. But a very young player with potential who loses his sh!t in a match is not.
I think there was more to it than that. He managed to get into an altercation with someone like Sokratis. Luiz urged him to apologise, he wouldn't. There are reports from previous managers that his attitude was questionable.

It's a moot point now though. It's Arteta's way or the highway. Arteta will have to learn to become more subtle, but that squad needed a manager that took charge after the players downed tools for Emery.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I mean Both should be accountable of course, but a manager can only do so much sometimes, and if the players can't play his plan it won't work. And sometimes you need to change the personell to do that. Those players cost nothing and or was free. Surely stopgaps?

I'm not trying to defend Mikel, just saying comparing a player with a manager is very hard and I don't think it's a good comparison.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I think there was more to it than that. He managed to get into an altercation with someone like Sokratis. Luiz urged him to apologise, he wouldn't. There are reports from previous managers that his attitude was questionable.

It's a moot point now though. It's Arteta's way or the highway. Arteta will have to learn to become more subtle, but that squad needed a manager that took charge after the players downed tools for Emery.
Team mates must fall out regularly. I imagine Roy Keane did, just about everyday. But Fergie made him captain and channeled his energy to 7 EPL titles.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Team mates must fall out regularly. I imagine Roy Keane did, just about everyday. But Fergie made him captain and channeled his energy to 7 EPL titles.
Roy Keane challenged people to be more professional and to work harder.

Roy Keane didn't turn up late to training. He didn't run around the pitch shouting to Vieira that he was earning 10k a week more than him. He didn't pick fights with senior players when they told him what he should be doing.

Watch any interview or programme about players who played with Roy Keane and they will say the only thing he was demanding about was working hard.

Keane led by example. He made those around him better.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Roy Keane challenged people to be more professional and to work harder.

Roy Keane didn't turn up late to training. He didn't run around the pitch shouting to Vieira that he was earning 10k a week more than him. He didn't pick fights with senior players when they told him what he should be doing.

Watch any interview or programme about players who played with Roy Keane and they will say the only thing he was demanding about was working hard.

Keane led by example. He made those around him better.
Lol. The man was unhinged. He physically knocked out Heinze in the dressing room. His rows with Ferguson were notorious, heavily fined for one rant and walking out. He blasted numerous team mates on TV, gave Schmeichel a black eye in a hotel room, publicly criticised Ferdinands pay, had blazing row with Rooney over a remote control that ended up in the papers. None of that's professional. And a lot harder to manage than someone turning up late to work a couple of times.:lol:

Fergie would collapse laughing at your post.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lol. The man was unhinged. He physically knocked out Heinze in the dressing room. His rows with Ferguson were notorious, heavily fined for one rant and walking out. He blasted numerous team mates on TV, gave Schmeichel a black eye in a hotel room, publicly criticised Ferdinands pay, had blazing row with Rooney over a remote control that ended up in the papers. None of that's professional. And a lot harder to manage than someone turning up late to work a couple of times.:lol:

Fergie would collapse laughing at your post.
The juice was worth the squeeze with Keane though. That can't be said about Guendouzi.

United wouldn't have won as much as they did without Roy Keane.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The juice was worth the squeeze with Keane though. That can't be said about Guendouzi.

United wouldn't have won as much as they did without Roy Keane.
You don't know that, he's still young and progressing well at Marseille.

Harz

I have to admit, it was pretty insane to oust an exciting prospect for an unproven, under-performing manager, but time might as well prove Mikel right.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Massively overrated every time we lose.
It's one of those when we compare our players who are not good enough to players that are also not good enough. The situation is more tragic from a financial point of view, but we've managed to downgrade in quality as well. It's funny how Douzi and Torreira weren't good enough for the fans and Arteta, but after 70M of investments, we still don't have a midfield that would be better than the two of them. That sums up the whole transfer logic of Arteta, and you add Saliba/BW situation to that and it's just bizarre that we didn't improve at all with 120M invested

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's one of those when we compare our players who are not good enough to players that are also not good enough. The situation is more tragic from a financial point of view, but we've managed to downgrade in quality as well. It's funny how Douzi and Torreira weren't good enough for the fans and Arteta, but after 70M of investments, we still don't have a midfield that would be better than the two of them. That sums up the whole transfer logic of Arteta, and you add Saliba/BW situation to that and it's just bizarre that we didn't improve at all with 120M invested
At CM the big problem was keeping Xhaka but also treating him purely like a first team asset and signing a kid as our new midfielder. If we had either let Xhaka leave or still bring in a starting quality player our midfield would have looked much stronger right now, and if it was someone like Bissouma then Partey's injury woulnd't be as detrimental.

We took a risk trying to build for the season after this one and it ended up costing us this season in the top4 race. But yeh could have at least signed someone in Jan ffs.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's one of those when we compare our players who are not good enough to players that are also not good enough.
I was a fan and wanted him to stay tbh, but he had his chance - was here for 2 seasons and was a starter for 1, nobody including Guendouzi himself can complain. Furthermore, he's prospering and doesn't even need Arsenal.

He was largely seen as part of the problem in our midfield as he's slow, not the greatest passer and a bit of a headless chicken, for those thinking I am exaggerating his criticisms on this forum are archived and well known.

His situation is nothing like Sambi's or Pepe's where they have never been a starter or in the case of Saliba even got a chance. I feel like people over do it whenever we lose or if Sambi doesn't perform well, it's crap and boring.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom