• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Maybe in championship, but not the premier league.

You need iniesta, xavi and busquets to win premier league.
Eh, I'm not sure I agree with this either as none of those guys have won the PL. Great players, yes, league winners in Spain, yes. PL winners? They aren't, they've never played in it. It's a hypothetical.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Eh, I'm not sure I agree with this either as none of those guys have won the PL. Great players, yes, league winners in Spain, yes. PL winners? They aren't, they've never played in it. It's a hypothetical.
Okay then, let me say it again.
You need someone like iniesta, xavi and busquets to win the league, for example, silva, de bruyne, Fernandinho......
Walcott, chamberlain, ramsey......are NOT going to win you the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
What exactly is an athlete in football terms? Kante? Drinkwater? Matic? Fabregas? Silva? - all recent title winning midfielders. Kante would probably make a great long distance runner and give mo farah a run for his money. Title winning sides will always have a blend of players, so I'm not sure where he gets this idea that every player needs to be of the same type.

Wenger should've added the one or two high quality players that team was crying out for, to compliment the likes of Cazorla, Özil and a still in form Alexis. Would've fancied our chances that season had he done so, instead we ended up saddled with mustafi, xhaka and perez.

Belgian_Gooner

One thing that every title winning side in the Premier League has always had is one or two physically dominant, intimidating centre halves. Not a coincidence that the best centre back pairing last season was Kompany & Otamendi. And Liverpool look much better with Van Dijk. It's also the reason we haven't made top four two seasons in a row.

Guendouzi is fine, even if he doesn't turn into a top class midfielder one day, which is too early to say anyway, he could be a good squad player like Elneny. Worst case scenario we flog him off somewhere for more money than we got him for.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
One thing that every title winning side in the Premier League has always had is one or two physically dominant, intimidating centre halves. Not a coincidence that the best centre back pairing last season was Kompany & Otamendi. And Liverpool look much better with Van Dijk. It's also the reason we haven't made top four two seasons in a row.

Guendouzi is fine, even if he doesn't turn into a top class midfielder one day, which is too early to say anyway, he could be a good squad player like Elneny. Worst case scenario we flog him off somewhere for more money than we got him for.
Yes, but most of the time, they are defensive midfielders and defenders.

It’d be great to have a intelligent/skillful player who also have that physical presence, but they are very rare to find.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Last time we won, what did we have?

La Liga isnt a real league anyway
We had a group of extremely intelligent and skillful players, who also have that physical presence at the same time. And they are capable to play smart and beautiful football.

But in recent years, what we have are some good players, and some pure athletes whose football iq is equivalent to a *****, and their football techniques are rubbish.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Honestly not sure why people don't stick with the cliches.. strikers win you matches but defenders win you titles.
Of course, in the modern era, it's now a matter of striking as a team and defending as a unit. However, your statement is definitely valid.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
His overallgame especially defensivly leaves much to be wanted, he runs around like a headless chicken and leaves Xhaka or anyone else alone, he doesn't work in tandem like he should
Has looked somewhat weak to, but he is still a teenager and it can be remedeed
Still huge talent and i am Thrilled we got him, i dont want to start him vs ****ty and chelski thou, that shouldn’t be such a controversial opinion if people weren't so hypedriven

No we lost two games because we once again seem to have gotten a hypedriven manager... Guess we deserve it because the majority of fans are sadly the same way .

Im sure everyone realises this kid has a lot to learn. Personally holding off for a good while longer before making any kind of judgement on the new boss. It’s virtually impossible to win any game in the prem while repeatedly wasting the gilt edge chances we had against chel$ki.

A couple of seasons with this kid anywhere full potential and the big money teams will come flashing their $$$. I suggest you board the hype train now and enjoy! ;)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Im sure everyone realises this kid has a lot to learn. Personally holding off for a good while longer before making any kind of judgement on the new boss. It’s virtually impossible to win any game in the prem while repeatedly wasting the gilt edge chances we had against chel$ki.

A couple of seasons with this kid anywhere full potential and the big money teams will come flashing their $$$. I suggest you board the hype train now and enjoy! ;)

So that is what we should strive for? Be a selling club? No Tnx

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Where have you been?

Anelka
Ashley Cole
Adebayor
Nasri
Fabregas
RVP
Alexis Sanchez

The cats out the bag buddy & he ain't going back in without a major ca$h injection.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If we were sensible.

We are competing domestically against teams with much greater financial resources. Clubs in our position in different leagues buy, develop & sell talent as a strategy.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Even more Dependent on athletes now!

You could get away more in the past with good tactics and technical players
Holy ****, I can’t believe someone actually said this.

Let’s sell all our technical players and have walcott, chamberlain and giroud back to play with ramsey.

And we should’ve hired benitez, mourinho or pulis.

Arsenal don’t deserve winning any title, and we don’t deserve good football.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Holy ****, I can’t believe someone actually said this.

Let’s sell all our technical players and have walcott, chamberlain and giroud back to play with ramsey.

And we should’ve hired benitez, mourinho or pulis.

Arsenal don’t deserve any title, and we don’t deserve good football.

It is sad that you think Giroud is an athlete

Theo was just fast, not powerful, strong or explosive

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
We had a group of extremely intelligent and skillful players, who also have that physical presence at the same time. And they are capable to play smart and beautiful football.

But in recent years, what we have are some good players, and some pure athletes whose football iq is equivalent to a *****, and their football techniques are rubbish.

Hey man it’s 2018. Can we quit using such an odious word?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Even more Dependent on athletes now!

You could get away more in the past with good tactics and technical players
It's the opposite I'd say, even clubs lower down the leagues like Wolves are stocking up on technicians in MF like Neves and Moutinho.

Man United were the last club with sustained dominance domestically and reached 3 CL finals with Carrick as their lynchpin, hardly known for his physical attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom