• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cue Guendouzi to put in a series of impressive performances in October. Wait to see the AM meltdown.
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

lol typical AM, player becomes better when they aren't at the club - trash when they are here.

These are the type of teams Willock, Nelson etc need to go to though - instead of 5 mins, 10 mins here. They need starts and trust regardless of their form. This is how Gnabry, Sancho etc became good.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
How did you arrive at the conclusion that he can’t stand big characters? What evidence do you have of this?

I look at his actions. Who are the ones that generally make his teams and who are the ones he's sidelined at some point. Guendouzi has issues with Arteta and that has been well documented as he has refused to apologize for sticking up for his teammates. Arteta should have handled that better and clearly Guendouzi is a strong willed character and he has instead decided to send him away instead of addressing the issues and getting the young man on board.

His issues with Özil have been well documented so there is no need to go into it. Do you need more evidence as it pertains to Arsenal?

Since he came in we have seen issues with the handling of Pepe, AMN, Martinelli, Saliba, Guendouzi and Özil. The man is a young coach who is trying to stamp his authority on a squad because he doesn't have the kind of reputation that commands respect.

This is emblematic of my point.Instead of giving the lad a chance like he said he would give everyone a clean slate.He instead shipped him out, left out sok and Özil out of the squad. He's got an ego/authority issue in my opinion.

I may very well be wrong but time will tell. Watch this space over the next few months as more players have issues with him or as you seem to think more players will love him and respect him and he will lead us into a new era of success. :popcorn:

GDeep™

League is very weak
lol typical AM, player becomes better when they aren't at the club - trash when they are here.

These are the type of teams Willock, Nelson etc need to go to though - instead of 5 mins, 10 mins here. They need starts and trust regardless of their form. This is how Gnabry, Sancho etc became good.
We could be developing Guendouzi here. Instead you’re watching and playing El Neny, who is poor and was shown against Villa, again, and Dani who barely plays a few good games a season.

It doesn’t make sense.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I was open to a sale for the figures touted myself, but I and a couple others were actually quite critical about his handling tbh.

The Hale End youth everyone is clamouring to see more of, this guy was actually way ahead of them and many wanted him out. Typical short sightedness from AM.

Kav

Established Member
ead you’re watching and playing El Neny, who is poor and was shown against Villa, again, and Dani who barely plays a few good games a season.

Elneny is not poor.You don't have to put down Moh to elevate Douzi either.

That being said I agree with you that we should have tried to bring the young man around and get him on board. If you can change the mindset of youngsters they will follow you into battle. Instead Arteta just literally alienates those who he has issues with.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi future here is not over yet he needed this loan staying here for a year uncertain he'll play or not german clubs are very good with young player they'll teach him how to behave on and off pitch because according to many that his attitude off the pitch and training wasn't good. let's hope he keep up his good performance.

Pyres7

If Guendouzi was playing for us this season I could see a lot of people turning on him. A lot of the same weaknesses as Ceballos with his inconsistency and how he always needs more than 5 touches on the ball before he decides what to do.

I actually like his fieriness but there's a fine line between the right and wrong kind. The right kind is the desire to win, hating losing so much that you push yourself to become the best you can. The wrong kind is being a childish **** who thinks he's on Pogba's level already and doesn't improve. I get Bendtner vibes from Guendouzi. Time will tell I guess.

If we get an offer of £30-40m for him I would let him go.

mpower2540

I was open to a sale for the figures touted myself, but I and a couple others were actually quite critical about his handling tbh.

The Hale End youth everyone is clamouring to see more of, this guy was actually way ahead of them and many wanted him out. Typical short sightedness from AM.
Some of the Hale Enders that people want to see potentially could help with some of our weaknesses, Willock, Nelson and Smith Rowe all have attributes that can potentially contribute to our attack. Guendouzi is ahead in terms of his development but I don’t really see what he adds to take the current group up a level. He’s does a similar job to Ceballos and Xhaka, has more potential but is indisciplined. Personally I think if we can get a decent fee for him I’d be fine to let him go, midfielders of his type aren’t really what we need just now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Many of us have been against his loan from the start.
But nobody really cared until a couple of twitter videos were posted of him. One of those ones isn’t it? If he sunk without trace in Germany, nobody cares. But he’s still breathing apparently so, and now Elneny has covid, so let the yearning begin. It’s old and boring.

scytheavatar

Established Member
This is emblematic of my point.Instead of giving the lad a chance like he said he would give everyone a clean slate.He instead shipped him out, left out sok and Özil out of the squad. He's got an ego/authority issue in my opinion.

Had Guendouzi stayed, he would have been 5th choice anyway........... is there a point in not letting him leave on loan? Cause he certainly does need the loan.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I’ve said that that Wenger would probably have handled it differently. Not sure how anyone can be too critical of his handling though given that they don’t know the full extent of what the actual problem was.

Im seeing posters in here that initially didn’t rate him and have slagged him off in other threads, crawling out of the woodwork saying how badly he was handled now. There is some slime in here!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Had Guendouzi stayed, he would have been 5th choice anyway........... is there a point in not letting him leave on loan? Cause he certainly does need the loan.
And the loan is actually working which seems to be sticking in peoples throat... :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
But nobody really cared until a couple of twitter videos were posted of him. One of those ones isn’t it? If he sunk without trace in Germany, nobody cares. But he’s still breathing apparently so, and now Elneny has covid, so let the yearning begin. It’s old and boring.
You’re right, generally there wasn’t this outcry until those twitter videos.

I can only speak for myself though, was always against his sale, think he’s somebody who should be developed here - might or might not make it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also, he was sent on loan because he didn’t apologise. Rumours were Arteta wanted him to say sorry and use him.

He didn’t say sorry and was loaned out, and will probably be sold now too.

Jae

It's not an issue of ability or potential. It's clearly an attitude problem. He still has a lot to learn, but if he sorts himself out I don't know why anyone would want him sold.

On the other hand, if we get a fantastic offer for him then it's a no brainer for me.

Manberg

Predator
I look at his actions. Who are the ones that generally make his teams and who are the ones he's sidelined at some point. Guendouzi has issues with Arteta and that has been well documented as he has refused to apologize for sticking up for his teammates. Arteta should have handled that better and clearly Guendouzi is a strong willed character and he has instead decided to send him away instead of addressing the issues and getting the young man on board.

:lol: Bragging to Maupay about earning more money than him is him standing up for no one but himself. It was unprofessional and if he indeed refused to apologise then he deserves the treatment he’s got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom