• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdotzdot

Established Member
We don't know the full story
We don’t. What we do know is it’s Artetas way or the high way for all players, something he has made clear through his words and actions.

What I also know is that this manager is a clown, so I will give Guendouzi the benefit of doubt over Arteta, and I most definitely would not choose Arteta over Guendouzis potential.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
What fee should we be demanding with one year left on his contract... messy situation but I would assume we would want at least some decent profit on the 8m we paid for him. Looks suspicious to me that Marseilles are trying to take this almost all the way with the player, not Arsenal, and they'll put some cheeky offer on the table to try to get a steal. It is up to Arsenal also to not be outmaneuvered with these sorts of things.
2M should do it. Bought him for 8M.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta has said he doesn't want him basically by his actions. Guendouzi wants to leave while Arteta is there. The minute Guendouzi says I want this club then we will get the bare minimum. 5-7m if lucky.

Arsenal won't let him run down his contract so the buying club, who he probably has agreed with behind closed doors hold all the cards.

It will be a lesson for Arteta in asset management. Especially when budgets are as tight as they are.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Man, this really ain't the summer to be selling unwanted players to Europe. In 2019 you'd be getting 30m for these guys, now you're lucky to get 10m.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man, this really ain't the summer to be selling unwanted players to Europe. In 2019 you'd be getting 30m for these guys, now you're lucky to get 10m.
we chosen poverty times to rebuild in middle of covid crisis where clubs apart from PL clubs have so little money lol.

Tom349

Should have a knock on effect. If these clubs can't afford to buy players for amounts similar to past years then they shouldn't be able to ask for too much for their outgoing players, unless they're just massive ****s.

It appears most of our transfer business will happen within the Premier League which is where the smaller clubs can probably afford to pay more for players and ask for more for their outgoing players as a result but in saying that if the market price is lower for all clubs with the exception of the very elite players, clubs should be reasonable with one another. It's where it helps to do your business early so those clubs can find their replacements as reasonable fee's.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

does clubs think we still living in 2007 when they want to buy our players? i'm glad we told them we want 16M.
10 million euros and we sell him. That’s more than we paid for him. What’s the alternative we loan him out again? He has absolutely no future here. Or we bring him home and play him in the u23 next season. Both him and Torreira will go out on less than 10 million euros

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
10 million euros and we sell him. That’s more than we paid for him. What’s the alternative we loan him out again? He has absolutely no future here. Or we bring him home and play him in the u23 next season. Both him and Torreira will go out on less than 10 million euros
If we can sell Guendouzi, Torreria and AMN and replace them with the likes of a Bissouma it works out OK.

Guendouzis peak value was under Emery probably 30m ish. With 1 year left on the contract, Arsenal and Arteta not wanting him and a possibly attitude problem 7-8m is the most we will get. Shame I really liked him under Emery. Had clear flaws but things that could be coached.

Torreria has never really looked the player we thought we were getting.

AeNwT

Guendouzi is a stupid kid in a grown mans body. I have no objections to Artetas stance in this case.
I was kinda on guendouzi’s side but after seeing this on twitter I’m on Arteta’s side. There’s just no need a player like this must be a nightmare to manage. The fact he thinks it’s acceptable

I bet the same **** happens at Marseille. He’s fallen out with PSG, Lorient, Arsenal & at a point his season Hertha Berlin. It’s not the system or teams. It’s him

get him gone & get another promising player in who can pass & deliver in a box to box role

One thing that does confuse me is how even though Guendouzi was a cheap midfielder to sign at the time... why haven’t we done this more often ? So many teams bring in cheap under the radar signings. We need to do the same

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I was kinda on guendouzi’s side but after seeing this on twitter I’m on Arteta’s side. There’s just no need a player like this must be a nightmare to manage. The fact he thinks it’s acceptable

I bet the same **** happens at Marseille. He’s fallen out with PSG, Lorient, Arsenal & at a point his season Hertha Berlin. It’s not the system or teams. It’s him

get him gone & get another promising player in who can pass & deliver in a box to box role

One thing that does confuse me is how even though Guendouzi was a cheap midfielder to sign at the time... why haven’t we done this more often ? So many teams bring in cheap under the radar signings. We need to do the same
We don’t have scouting team anymore. If edu/Kia don’t know the player then we fvcked

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We don't know the full story.
Honestly, that tweet is just so over the top. The follow-up tweet reads: "I am honored and proud to have had the opportunity to evolve by your side. Words will never be strong enough to qualify your personality, your benevolence and your authenticity in human relationships."

What person with half a brain and a smidgen of self-respect would write drivel like that? Just because it is critique of Arteta through over the top praise of Emery, doesn't make it any better.

Lad is a total ****! Had a soft spot for him due to his attitude, but now I just want him sold. If he cannot act more grown up than that let some other club have a go. It's not like he is that much of a baller either.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He is a total clown! I was on his side also, especially after the Brighton game, but this is just pure juvenile ****. Sokrates should just have clocked him when he had a chance!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I swear to god if I see a loan mentioned one more time I’m going to smash my ****ing laptop in half.

Why would we want to loan out someone who has a year left on his deal? It’s not like he’s on 200k a week. At worst you can find a club somewhere to pay you a few million.

Some of these loan offers are just as insulting as the £40m + 1 bid.

I’d ask what they’re smoking down there in Marseille but then I would need to say the same about Real Betis and the entire Serie A. Maybe there has been a cannabis forest wildfire in western Europe or some ****??
I must be out the loop.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s not like he’s on 200k a week.

giphy.gif

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I swear to god if I see a loan mentioned one more time I’m going to smash my ****ing laptop in half.

Why would we want to loan out someone who has a year left on his deal? It’s not like he’s on 200k a week. At worst you can find a club somewhere to pay you a few million.
Maybe Douzi is not interested in a permanent move, he can get a better contract as a free player next year

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Honestly, that tweet is just so over the top. The follow-up tweet reads: "I am honored and proud to have had the opportunity to evolve by your side. Words will never be strong enough to qualify your personality, your benevolence and your authenticity in human relationships."

What person with half a brain and a smidgen of self-respect would write drivel like that? Just because it is critique of Arteta through over the top praise of Emery, doesn't make it any better.

Lad is a total ****! Had a soft spot for him due to his attitude, but now I just want him sold. If he cannot act more grown up than that let some other club have a go. It's not like he is that much of a baller either.
well done Douzi for winding up the bumsquad. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom