• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivier_Giroud

I would rather we lose Arteta than Guendozi in a heartbeat to be honest. At least in Guendozi, there is still a future to behold, while Arteta there is none. There is a clear talent in Guendozi, he may have some attitude problems but he is young and it might be fixed with a proper mentor and a real coach. While in Arteta there is just nothing, he is basically like an empty soda can on the road, just waiting to be ran over by a car and crushed. Just nothing in there, nothing to offer and a clear sham. He was completely exposed as a Fraud last season, just a sick propaganda created by Arsenal's PR machine. He believed his own hype and developed a massive, maniacal ego. Arteta's attitude is far more a bigger problem than Guendozi.

In fact, how Arteta handled the Guendozi situation shows why Arteta is possibly the worst creature you can imagine to lead the club. Since we cannot compete with Oil and Terrorist Clubs, we envisioned ourselves as some drunk man's Borussia Dortmund. We try to buy young potential players and inject talented academy prospects supported by average veteran players. The problem is that Arteta has the management skills of a one year year old infant. His solution to man management is to alienate, burn bridges and exile our players especially those who threatens his very low self esteem. How he handled Guendozi, Saliba not to mention other Academy products is simply mind boggling. He would rather stick to washed out, overpaid Chelsea retirees. He is clearly egoistical, low IQ and not even fit to be Arsenal's groundskeeper.

With Guendozi there is still a future, no matter how uncertain it is. With Arteta, we are basically just delaying the inevitable that is his imminent sacking.

Last edited:

Jae

Is this going to be used as another stick to beat Arteta over the head with then? Every manager he has ever played for has come out and said he can be a headache

He's been good for spells, he's been **** for spells. He could have been great but isn't and there's nothing to suggest he ever will be.

neimad

He's just very immature. So many examples of this and it seems every coach he's had has mentioned this. Maybe the penny will drop with him someday. I think on his day he's a very talented player but it's time we got rid of some of these liabilities.

I also think Arteta and Edu are being backed to get rid of these. "Drain the Swamp" if you will. Even on his leaving there was a petulance to it with posting the farewell message before it's announced.

He's too erratic. Like that crazy ex you have who was unreal in bed but you were always one argument away from them cutting your goolies off and feeding them to the hamster. Best of luck to him at Marseille.

dbig

Hope he goes and have a good career. I thought he had potential. Would rather Arteta gone than him.

Goonger

Is this going to be used as another stick to beat Arteta over the head with then? Every manager he has ever played for has come out and said he can be a headache

He's been good for spells, he's been **** for spells. He could have been great but isn't and there's nothing to suggest he ever will be.

If course it is. Every single thing that's ever went wrong with this football club is Arteta & Edu's fault. When we win games, or players improve, it's in spite of them remember. At least that's how it works in here.

Finesse

Good riddance. Glad we at least got a fee. Football at the very top level is not about potential only. Top talent comes with discipline and respect for the game and opponents. Arsenal was the reason for his astronomical increase in value at one stage. If May have gotten into his head. He had his chance here and he blew it. The list is long of young players who have blown their chances like he did. While others are crying for a chance , others are blowing theirs and fans are asking for it to be entertained due to their potential. This is why we ended up with a bloated and poor squad. At one stage we got too soft and tolerated a lot and it become a culture. It hs takes 2 years to weed out the crop of players. He did not set the lights blazing at Hertha either. If he was that wonderful I am sure the very clubs who once offered 40m would have been queuing for his services and not offering paltry fees. Arsenal needs to be efficient , bring on the young players , grow their value but know when to sell them of and when to keep them within our culture and demands. Player development and sales can be a good revenue stream and we can be efficient and be better at it. We have some serious professionals and young players like Martinelli , Saka , ESR , Balogun etc who are exemplary athletes and their market value and performances are relative growing ! For some reason they seem to be immuned from the apparent devaluation machinery of Arteta and Edu. 😏

Finesse

Arteta talks about wanting players that want to fight for the badge, and be leaders, etc. Guendouzi does just that and Arteta punishes him for it and he's never seen in an Arsenal shirt again.
Does Arteta just want a team of nice guys with no personalitys or has more went on behind the scenes that's not been made public?

Arteta punished his own captain and dropped him from the team in a pivotal game against our noisy neighbours. It took balls to pull that off knowing it could go horribly wrong with a defeat. He was not afraid of the backlash . It was principle before anything else for a rookie manager. He made a massive call and the message was loud and clear. A captain with a garage full of the fastest cars coming late for team gatherings and getting away with it because of his wage and prowess? This was a culture and we had read about the slack handling of issues etc. It had to stop! Even the Captain needs to be a professional. This is what fighting for the badge and leadership mean. Setting an example for the rest to follow.Not the petulance and insulting colleagues about their wage etc. This is a culture issue and it had become completely lackadaisical at Arsenal.

There is a reason why the very top players and best teams win trophies consistently. It is beyond the talent ! There is character , dedication , personality and a winner culture to it. It had severely deteriorated for Arsenal. Arteta may not be your man or anyone’s cup of tea , but I am able to acknowledge he did not shy away from starting to burst that bubble. What he started clearing the deadwood may be taken up by another manager tomorrow! Arsenal on the long run would benefit , erase this culture , I still professionalism and develop the character and culture for a winning team to thrive.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm reading that the obligation to buy is triggered by a minimum number of appearances. Hope there is no possible room for shenanigans over that. Pretty ok closing the book on this. 12m is not great considering his value was closer to 30m for a while, but this just needs to be over. I also hope his chip on his shoulder won't rub off on Saliba, but I fear that odds are in favour that it will.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Listening to any players on podcasts who win etc. its all about mentality. Take Roy Keane for example, someone said something wrong to him he waited a couple of years to end his career, no hissy fits or nonsense just pure cold rage.

Throwing a tantrum even if youre in the right wont win you a thing, and especially not respect. And this is Gendouzhis problem, a lot of the talent, a lot of the desire but not the mentality, discipline or awareness. You dont rock up and start shouting youre the best, even Michael Jordan didnt go in day 1 and try and tell everyone how the team would play.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I dont think Guen is a big loss. He's an ok player but I feel he has issues that will show up again and again in the near future. A "kick up a fuss" if he doesn't get his own way kinda player. We can do without him and we can definitely do without Arteta too. I think this will be his last season, he may not even make it to the end.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Players that are leaving so far, Guen, Saliba and probably Willock. All players with potential. El Neny, Willian and the like not going anywhere. And signing some absolute dross. i normally wait til the window is over but i genuinely think this window is about to finish the club off tbh.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Looks like this coincides with Lakonga being done this week. Been telling everyone for ages, one in one out policy apart from the AM role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom