• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His first season he had some insane performances against City. Looked like the best player on the pitch. Never a good idea to have the club out publicly and say how big of a head case he is. Keep it on the down low and let his new club figure it out. Anyway, 10m is not bad for him seeing as we had no desire to keep him.

Think that performance is overrated, tbh...it was a decent game from Guendo, but all he mainly did was not hide (unlike Xhaka) in that game, he didn't really do much with the ball...City still beat us fairly easily that day.

Compared to some truly great young midfield performances for us, Fabregas v Juventus or Wilshere v Barcelona...in those games we matched and deservedly beat top teams.

Agree with how we sold him though, could have gotten more if we didn't tell everyone he was a disaster publicly...Mikel/the club need to learn from this

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
good luck to him! always loved how he took a German loan over apologizing to Dim Mik 🐐... also did nothing wrong vs Brighton 💯

mad rise from 18 games in Ligue 2 to the Arsenal first team day one of the season... think it was the 2-2 with United a couple of months in he was the main force in midfield both defensively + with the ball

as long as Marseille dont have a manager change things should be good :lol: seems super loyal to the ones that put faith in him

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This is better than losing him on a free which I thought was the most likely outcome at one point. Hope there is a sell on clause though, it's still pretty cheap for France U21 Captain with 60 PL appearances

GLITCH

So thats 5m for Mavro, 10m for Guendo, will probably get 10m for Willock. Not even half a Ben White. But on the bright side, Kroenke will be forced to sell when Arsenal drop to 10th next season.
I know we're not good at selling, but £10m for Willock isn't going to happen. That would be a starting point simply because he's English.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Because we lacked quality.

He came from a tiny league 2 side in France and established himself at a top PL club, that’s not just because we lacked quality, that’s because he deserved it. Was usually one of our better players in the big games as well.

10M is an absolute joke when all it would take is an arm around the kid rather than shunting talent away because Mikel wants ready made arse licking yes men.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Signing a nobody from the French 2 League for €8m and selling him for around €13m, while he is the current U23 Captain from French now and was one of the hottest prospects on his position two years ago.

Fits so good in the transfer politic from the last years sadly.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Marseille making moves this market.
Indeed...They have added Gerson, Konrad, Guendouz. Kept Balerdi , Milik and Lirola. About to sign Pau Lopez and Cengiz Under from Roma and Luan Peres from Santos. Saliba and Giovanni Simeone should arrive as well. Thiago Almada is a possibility too, All of this for less money that what Ben White will cost!
If Sampaoli can make them gel, they will have a pretty exciting team at the State Velodrome.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if Sokratis still doesn’t regret slapping him. Anyway, best of luck Matteo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom